Bad news for us NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jbrain, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Jbrain

I was watching the stream for planetside 2 MLG on twitch earlier and someone asked about NC buffs and they said an I quote" If your waiting for NC buffs you should probably just switch to another faction"

They acted like they were not even aware of NC weapons performance issues in comparison to other two factions. I almost fell out of my chair.. They didn't even acknowledge the NC max needing buffs.. so there you go guys.. we have cried, begged documented and they even have the stats to prove it.. Yet no love for the hated NC.. I give up. The development team just doesn't care.. I am just crushed right now.. I was holding out hope we would get our fixes.. but its not going to happen.
    • Up x 33
  2. Necron

I enjoy being the underdog, so... bring it TR/VS bastiches.
    • Up x 10
  3. Drasilov

NC seem to be doing alright whenever I fight with them or against them.
    • Up x 8
  4. Jbrain

I had been hearing nc max would be getting a slight buff and our weapons would be tweaked slightly in terms of recoil, bloom, rate of fire, cone of fire. but doesn't look like it. I have sadface
    • Up x 3
  5. Necron

Well, the NC problems are not as drastic as everyone makes them sound. The need a few things; mid-range AI MAX weapon for example. But things are not as dire as they sound. Most of the NC problems stem from the 'perception' of inadequacy, and not reality. Sure a few of are weapons have a high skill cap to get the most out of them, and that DOES lead to people picking TR/VS over NC because they are 'easier'. But at the same time, players who are good with NC gear melt faces with it. NC's biggest single problem is that most people are lazy, and can't be bothered to learn how to use our guns when it is simpler just to play TR/VS.
    • Up x 15
  6. Azarga

NC is mostly ok.
    • Up x 11
  7. Jbrain

I will never quit don't get me wrong.. I know my message came off a little ****** but I am more or less just very disappointed that something so easily documented gets ignored. mainly the nc max itself.. I mean it really needs love.. shield is useless since you cant fire and good players know how to exploit the peep hole and get hits
    • Up x 2
  8. IamDH

Isnt that pretty much Planetside as a whole?
    • Up x 5
  9. GamerOS

"TR/VS on the other hand are not balanced and need nerfs" - every VS/TR person.
    • Up x 6
  10. Azarga

TR is ok and VS is ok too (except ZOE speed buff being OP).
  11. RobotNinja

I hear they might be releasing some new weapons for NC though, that will be almost marginally comparable to VS and TR default weapons. Almost...but not quite. The devs have to leave some wiggle room so they can release some new NC weapons later that are almost marginally ever so slightly comparable to VS and TR defaults.
  12. SteelMantis

Last I heard the NC was out performing the TR Max (the VS Max was ahead of both but a ZOE adjustment likely to be coming before to long). If some NC weapons are under-performing, well you are forgetting that not all things in all categories are perfectly balance. Your tank has what is essentially an "I win" button at close ranges and I see a lot more Jackhammers then TR/NC ES weapons.

Harassers and ZOE both should have been brought into line awhile ago, but the OMFG update needed to happen. Things are going to start moving again on non-OMFG updates, starting with the Harassers. Or have you not read anything on the forums you post on so much?

Some of you should go find another game. I recommend a single player game with adjustable difficultly.
    • Up x 2
  13. Robes

Most NC weapons are fine right now, they just require a bit better-than-most-people-that-play-this-game-are player (letting off left mouse button after a few shots for a split second then holding it back down IS pretty hard).
    • Up x 5
  14. p1nkbr0

• Up x 1
  15. daniel696

The MAX that really need a buff is the TR MAX, weak as hell.
    • Up x 2
  16. JackD

I cant switch, the weapons of the other factions sound like toys and VS dont ask for ammo they ask for batteries. It wouldnt work out.
    • Up x 4
  17. DashRendar

Good. I'm glad they're not buffing NC, NC doesn't need "buffs." What NC needs is some positive attention from the devs because since release it's been nothing but slaps on the wrist for things we didn't do. NC actually needs redesigns because our faction design is non-functional for the most part. I mean changes so that things actually perform their role. The C85 not being a viable AI weapon, the Falcons not being a viable AV weapon, the Enforcer ML85 not being any better at AV than the Halberd while being worse at AI, etc... these things need to be looked into because stuff just isn't capable of performing its INTENDED JOB, let alone having any external utility.

Across the pond we see things like the Saron which may be balanced in AV, but has a splash damage output scarily close to the Fury making it a completely viable kill everything weapon. The Vulcan is actually way better at AV than the Halberd within its range and very usable as an AI weapon at seemingly ranges where it shouldn't be considering it takes so few bullets to kill and has so many to put out... TR/VS MAX AV weapons can be used easily against an enemy MAX to obliterate them because MAXes have no defense against these things. The Falcons are inferior by far in this role, and the Ravens are too unreliable and still have lower damage output and convergence issues at close ranges. The Airhammer being a terrible AI weapon, but at least it's worth a few laughs against ESFs. Aegis can be shot through... Phoenix has very short range and can be shot down by a blind person... the list goes on.

The game is not balanced... though NC doesn't need "buffs" so I'm glad we won't be getting them, NC needs redesigned gear.
    • Up x 33
  18. lothbrook

Whenever you say it takes a better player to use that means its not balanced, otherwise i could take a br100 and give him an enforcer modified and then give a completely new player a marauder and when the BR100 ends up with more kills say that the enforcer modified is balanced :p.
    • Up x 6
  19. Axehilt

Have MLG's casters ever had knowledge about upcoming changes the rest of us haven't?

For that matter, since when have the MLG casters even sounded like they understood balance? Everything I've heard from those guys makes me think they're average skill players who don't have a particularly great understanding of things.
  20. Bobaflay

Im a Terran player and I started NC yesturday. They are so awesome. Im getting xp fast, il ike theri vehicles and the maxes are better than the TR becasue im a CQC player with shotguns

IM not being a troll. its my opinions
    • Up x 2