Worst performance day in months.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phrygen, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Phrygen

Rendering not functioning properly.
    Frames gained from OMFG lost.

Patch or extra players... i don't know. All I know was today was terrible.

Only upside is I have two BR's left before till I hit 100 and be done with it.
  2. faykid

gotta agree, the game got laggy and buggy during the last days. heals/revives not working properly, medkits not working at all. bullets landing on targets and not dealing any damage, parts of buildings disappearing.

the frame rate seems to be the same, but the lags and the bugs got worse. yet the servers do not appear to be at "high" population mark yet
  3. Fredfred

I am amazed how many people think BR100 is the end of the game.
    • Up x 4
  4. IamDH

Its the end of player achievement
    • Up x 2
  5. Tommyp2006

I too have noticed render distance has been a bit fubar'd lately, people randomly popping in and out of view. Basically, a normal double exp weekend.
    • Up x 1
  6. Phrygen

You completely missed the point.
  7. Kanil

Yep. This happens every time, doesn't it?
  8. wolfva

So, the goal of the game is to hit 100...not to have fun? CRAP! I've been doing it wrong all this time. I mean, I've hit cap in other games and kept playing for no other reason then I was enjoying myself. But hey, I guess if some people need some type of illusionary sense of 'achievement' as measured by points to feel that they've 'accomplished' some great and worthy deed...<shrug>. If I'm having fun, I play the game. If I'm not, I do something else that IS fun. I must be wierd.
  9. Phrygen

games that don't run well stop being fun much faster.
    • Up x 2
  10. wolfva

Why yes. Yes they do. And? Your point? Hitting yourself in the testicals is not fun either. There. Now we both have stated a truism that has absolutely nothing to do with my original statement. Although I have to admit, not only don't I play games I'm not having fun in...I also don't hit myself in the testicals. For the same reason.

Everything loses it's luster after awhile. The same features that awed you in the beginning (of ANYTHING, not just this game) will grow dull and boring to you in the fullness of time. When that happens, you can move on to something else and continue having fun...or you can stew in your dissatisfaction, mumbling about how it COULD be better and the good ole days when it WAS better. Then, you can waggle your cane and scream, "You kidz get offa mah lawn! Dang rapscallions! Why in MY day we listened to our elders! BAH!"

Now, you can do what you like. You can sit around a game you hate complaining about how much it sucks. Me? I move on to something else. Which is why you won't see me posting on the DAoC, EQ, TSW, AoC, COH, CO, Rift, SWG, WoW, L2, etc etc boards. I moved on. I'm having fun. Go me. As opposed to those of you who haunt this forum like malcontented ghosts wailing, "OooOOOO the game suuuuucks! It's dooooOOoommmedddd! BOOooOOOOOooOOOO".

Speaking of ghosts...
  11. IamDH

I never said any of that. All i said was player achievement stops and thats true
  12. SenEvason

Only if you don't make up your own achievements.
  13. Phrygen

You are white-knighting for no reason or purpose, and still completely missing the point.
    • Up x 1
  14. WyrdHarper

Yeah, it was pretty frustrating last night. I was saying in squad chat "well, my FPS is decent; if only infantry rendered from more than 10m away."
    Lag was also annoying. There are lots of good fights at least.
  15. Santondouah

I noticed issues in rendering too, especially in air combat. You see the bullets coming to you but not the aircraft... Sometimes zooming in allows you to see them but not always. And the distances I am talking about are not above 200m, which is ridiculous in air combat.
  16. MaCritz

Says who?? I would consider BR100 as one of the achievements, not the ONLY achievement..

I would not rest in peace until I get the auraxium medal for my beamer, BR100 or not...
  17. wolfva

Ah, I see the confusion here. I consider 'fun' to be an achievement, you consider 'levels' to be the achievement. <shrug> I like my definition better. But you're welcome to your own; different strokes, different folks, etc etc.
  18. wolfva

I do not think that word means what you think it means. It doesn't mean, "Disagreeing with an opinion *I* believe in!" Although I DO enjoy it when someone claims I've missed a point when only they actually have. But thanks for playing.
  19. IamDH

Having fun is a great thing but you really aren't rewarded for anything anymore. The fun doesn't end at BR100 so we agree there
    • Up x 1
  20. NinjaTurtle

I have to admit my system was fine for an hour and a half last night then it just decided to have a huge brain fart. I was getting a lot of hitching and lag. Strange because before it was running perfect.

I noticed the render bug when I was in a skyguard later into my play session and air was just disappearing making it quite difficult to be useful