Balance Pass Post 2: Nanoweave and Related Features

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by joshua, Nov 11, 2013.

1. m44v

In my experience, yes, it did. But a competent engie wouldn't try to be sniper-bait without using NW so really is a matter of luck.
  2. 0dineye

Does anyone else wish they would stop trying t5o tell us how to play the game?
    • Up x 2
  3. Lividine

SOE, I am happy to announce that my husband, my son, myself, as well as many people on my friends list will be leaving. Acting like sniping is an epidemic and that it "NEEDS" fixed proves you don't even play your own game. A game of this scale with sniper headshot limits? This game is going to die when you implement that. How will we know what distance we're at anyways? Are you planning on installing some kind of counter on our snipers for distance? No? Didn't think so, you greedy, selfish pieces of trash! I'm officially happy to be leaving. Battlefield 4 has NOWHERE NEAR the size of maps planetside does, YET THERE'S NO RANGE CAP ON THEM!! Why, do you think?

ITS BECAUSE PEOPLE WHO ENJOY SNIPING WANT TO BE ABLE TO SNIPE! WHAT YOU'RE DOING IS WRONG! AND I CAN'T WAIT TIL YOU INSTALL THIS PATCH AND HAVE TO MERGE ALL SERVERS BECAUSE OF HOW MANY QUIT PLAYING.

I don't like "RAGING". I hate it! But what you dumbies are doing is unjustifiable!!!!!!!!! GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR.............
    • Up x 2
  4. Pootisman

Tanks and aircraft are already very good against infantry. Especially players in aircraft can get dozens of infantry kills in 1 life.
  5. starecrow

lmao
  6. Lividine

Laugh it up. There are a lot more people that are going to leave this game than you think.... In a game with population problems already, we can't afford bad decisions such as this. I understand you may hate snipers, but you never hated them enough to make a thread about "fixing" them. So acting like all of a sudden it's a good idea proves just how hypocritical you are. Oops, that was a big word, I should include the definition.
    • Up x 1
  7. starecrow

that post funy
  8. Giggily

I'm really going to miss all of those invisible dudes in the hills 300 meters away from fights.
    • Up x 1
  9. Hoki

[IMG]

Its as if you didn't do any data mining on sniper headshot statistics based on range at all.

Actually I'm calling you out, you didn't do any data mining on sniper headshot statistics based on range at all.
    • Up x 3
  10. starecrow

Do you have a point, or any of the statistics you're alluding to?
  11. Hoki

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  12. gloowa

Clever! Oh man, made my day! Thank you!
  13. BetaGuru

It never has. See, what you said doesn't make sense. Would you kindly explain how I am supposed to be getting headshots on infantry that aren't rendering for me?
    • Up x 1
  14. gloowa

Ummm? That was my point?
  15. Dagonlives

*shrug* I use my RAMS.50 for engagements under 20 meters. Velocity makes up for the reload time. Its still the best rifle for it's faction.
  16. Bill Hicks

if only infiltrators had some kind of camo that made them invisible so they could get close for one hit kills.................
  17. efil4mocx

Just reposting this because it makes so much sense it hurts.
  18. efil4mocx

What people seems to hate, is "codl33t360quicknoscopeskillz".
    That is the exact opposite of the slow, tactical nature of long-range sniping.
    In fact, "codl33t360noquickscopeskillz" style gameplay is what putting a range cap on BASRs will encourage.
    • Up x 3
  19. Hoki

I would also like to add that "small scale" levels in BF games are considerably larger than 150m. And actually infantry render distance in this game is shorter than some BF maps. Most of the popular ones actually.

Bolt action center-body mass shots also OHK at close ranges in BF games. It'll be a cold day in hell when SOE adds that feature. The tears, oh the tears.

BF4 at least will have canted iron sights available for their bolt action rifles. SOE won't do this cause they added a special BA specifically for lower magnification optics. Except if I had time to change my rifle when I find myself in a pickle... OOPS?

PS2 has limited sniper lanes. Unless the infantry perches themselves on the very top of a mountain that is surrounded by lower terrain, in which case: GOOD, your own damn fault.

"Some kind of visual mechanic that calls out the sniper's position" - that's really adorable. Hes talking scope glint, but doesn't want to mention BF.

Also the entire argument is dishonest because we've been OHK'ing people from render distance since the game's launch and NW was never advertised as a way to prevent that. The only reason this is even being considered is because BAHS insurance is currently available. If it weren't, this compromise would have no leg to stand on.

I am mostly resentful of this pretense that being OHK by a BASR is a problem in the first place. NOBODY truly has a problem with it.
    It is only a problem in that current nanoweave users might consider it BA insurance. When people get sniped at 250m they don't ragequit. That is only forumside posturing.
    • Up x 3
  20. Nintyuk

Or the Laser Dot in TF2 or The sniper Trail in Halo. There are many games that have sniper revealing features.
    • Up x 1