What's point of Bacon if Beacon/Squad Deploy do exact same thing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RobotNinja, Nov 13, 2013.

1. RobotNinja

So...hit squad deploy and...teleport to squad leader. Okay.

Deploy on squad beacon and...teleport to squad leader. Um...so can I have squad beacon certs back now?
  2. DevDevBooday

What are you smoking? I don't understand
    • Up x 1
  3. DevDevBooday

Are you experiencing a glitch? Neither of these things happens/supposed to happen. Squad deploy sends you to nearest spawn point, squad bacon drops you in a pod.
  4. SpaceKing

Acutally they seem to interchange randomly.
  5. RobotNinja

Am I experiencing glitches in a new patch? No, that would be ridiculous. No wait...that would actually make perfect sense.

Yes, that is what happened. Squad Deploy and Squad Beacon both teleported me to squad leader, no pod. So, glitch apparently. Either that or I have angered Smedley somehow, perhaps by not retweeting him.
  6. DevDevBooday

Hmm, I havent seen or heard of it yet, sounds useful though.
  7. Pixelshader

crispy bacon is best
    • Up x 1
  8. SinerAthin

Orbital Bacon Drops?

I wouldn't mind that...
    • Up x 1
  9. Morpholine

In theory, squad deploy should spawn you at the nearest location to your leader, including a beacon if available. It should function exactly like hitting insert when squadded in the warpgate (only with a timer).

If you're being teleported to your squad leader, you're experiencing a bug or playing BF4.
  10. Xasapis

For me squad deploy works as a respawn to the nearest to my squad leader sunderer or base spawn room. Squad beacon deploy though works as it was working before, metal box drops from the sky at roughly the location the beacon is placed.