OMFG: Phase 1 to Test!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by codeForge, Oct 21, 2013.

1. rovad

Well, 30% for 30FPS which is an absolute minimum FPS I get in absolute HUGE battles is like 9 more frames right? I'd be happy to play on 39 instead of 30, It would make it possible for me to record my gameplay all the time instead of just in medium-to-low size fights...
  2. theone

3. Camycamera

LOGGING INTO TEST RIGHT NAOW
  4. DeadliestMoon

Slow your roll, it hasn't happen yet.
  5. Camycamera

i'm getting my 3 day xp boost.
  6. DeadliestMoon

Oh, I thought you meant into the test server to help out, but I guess it's fine to be shallow.
  7. Nocturnal7x

Yea for real. Almost making my sig look silly. Almost :p
  8. De_Dominator

I am a huge fan of the PlanetSide series. I played the first planetside game for many years and now have been playing PS2 very often. I do want this game to prosper, to be more popular and see more and more people joining us in this big massive battle.
    Here are some things that I really would like to ask the devs to consider when optimizing the game:
    1, I have an i7 4770K 4.0GHz CPU and GTX 770 GPU, which is very powerful in today's standard, but I sometimes get really low fps during big fights. I use 1080p and high quality preset with shadow turned to low, and GPU phyX at medium. I get low fps near main facilities (biolab, techplant especially). I was watching the "Make faster game" videos, and thought that this fps drop might possibly due to the number of objects near these facilities.
    2, whenever I turn on proximity voice chat, my client crashes more frequently (without in-game voice chat, my client crashes about every 1.5 hr), but with that turned on, my client crashes about once every 20 mins. I really hope that you can convey this message to the devs so that they have more pieces of information to look at when investigating possible areas that are causing the performance issues.

This was a message that I sent to the service dept, but they seem to not able to deliver this to you, and other devs, so I hope that you can see my message and get my ideas! :)
  9. ColdCheezePizza

So they remove barrels during work and empty beer barrels after work :D gonna dedicate my next flash double barrel to the devs, keep up the hard work fellas!
  10. MrScrubbypants

I can't wait to see this in action. I probably do need to upgrade my GPU anyway...

Windows 7 Home Premium.
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    Lynfield i7 870 clocked to 3.6 ghz
    PNY Nvidia GT 630

Even with everything on low, I get at most 30-35 fps, and around 20-25 fps in large fights. Hopefully this will make a huge difference.
  11. sage1210

you have 30fps in big fight ? lucky you. i only have below that...
  12. sage1210

how ? the patch still not come yet...
  13. Goiiath

That placebo effect. Lol hope I can get dem frames up
  14. LordMondando

Excellent work guys. Don't imagine for a second any of this was even close to easy.

trying to organise Miller's temporary move over to the test now.

And early await to the see the results.

I also think people should remember, its around a 1/3rd increase in FPS under maximum load. In my own case that's a difference between 25 and mid 30'ies, which is a sizable difference.
  15. Liquid23

wait... why are we getting a boost for logging in to the test server before the patch in question is even on it to test?
  16. LordCreepy

Anyone up for another EU server clash on the test server ( I still have that NC Char I guess).
    Lets test the performance to the max :D
  17. Godsmangamer

18. St0mpy

Im looking forward to the downloadable benchmark tool, do you have any news for us on its progress?
  19. MykeMichail

Very much looking forward to cranking my settings back up.

I'm currently running with shadows off, flora off, and terrain quality set to low to avoid frame rate drops below 60.
  20. NinjaTurtle