Why I call you loserpoders ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TrainerS2, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Jex =TE=

Before you start shouting, I'm not an ESF pilot but I do have a question. How do you propose they use the ESF then - what tactics should they employ?

As I understand it, the lolpodder issue has long since gone - considering the easy kills they enjoyed months ago. The issue is with the game, not with the tools you can use. In a real war you would have unit's placed all over the map and they would perform specific roles. In PS2, its a massive clusterfock with no real cohesion or plan and that's hard to do if you're just with the crowd but easier if you're in a unit that actually gives you proper roles.

ESF's were annoying as fock months ago but now they seemed to have been nerfed pretty good. It's a pity SOE didn't put more thought into the game from the onset - we might not have had these issues or they would have been easier to iron out. Unfortunately, the F2P model is doing much more harm than good.
  2. Jex =TE=

OK unless things have changed massively with ESF's in the last few months, what that guy said is complete bollocks. I have a skyguard and it likes its chew toys. It's not amazing at the job but 1 v 1, ESF dies every time.

PRO TIP for ESF's and Skyguards - if you ESF pilots are in trouble, drag your enemy right over the top of your friendly SG unit, letting him know you have a nice juicy bone for him/her to chew on.
  3. KnightCole

My post isnt about aim. I can hit just fine lol. My point is how MUCH fire power it requires to kill planes.

And Galaxy, trust me, ive fired at one with my Vanguard, it took like 8 rounds or so.
  4. SarahM

lolpods have been nerfed since beta, but in their current incarnation, they're still too strong.
  5. Simferion

Disclaimer: I'm a biased infantryman and wannabe-tanker, even if I'll start building my flight skills somedays... :D
    The only problem I got with ESFs is they have no stall. They can hover and unload all their weapons and fly away.
  6. TheMudster

It's easier to hit a Galaxy than another MBT with a cannon shot from an MBT. Flak takes a large number of rounds because you DON'T have to hit the plane with the flak for it to detect proximity to the plane and explode. It's like an AV frag grenade for armor. Aircraft have the least amount of cover for any unit in the game (some locations are exceptions) and that is why flak takes so many hits. One flak arm on a MAX unit doesn't do much, but against 2-3 ESFs (depending on skill) it is enough to scare them away/make them repair after attacking. Dual bursters/AA Phalanx/Skyguard is enough to kill an ESF when the ESF goes in for a kill, not always, but enough to matter. On top of that, hitting aircraft without killing it gives XP. NOTHING else in this game gives you XP for simply damaging it (without it dying, I'm not talking about assists).

I remember defending a base with my outfit a couple of weeks ago, there were probably around 100 people fighting at the base, I think we were a little lower on the percentage so about 40-50 of us on defense. We had 3 MAXs on AA duty (myself included), and it was a damn **** show for the Mossies. I cleaned up that fight, made some serious certs, as did everyone else I assume. Us three MAXs had a lot to deal with, a crap ton of infantry, tanks on the hills shelling into our base, 3-7 ESFs at a time, usually at least one Lib, and the occasional Galaxy drop. I spent so much time running back and forth switching from AA to AI to AV to AI to AV to AA to AI to AA to AI to AA to AI to AA to AV etc. We had guys just sacrificing themselves to repair us, resupply us, revive us, lay down covering fire to keep the infantry off us. And you know what? I'm pretty sure between the three of us we killed about 25-35 ESFs, 5-8 Libs and 2 Galaxies. Tanks less so (Esamir walls and whatnot), and a **** ton of infantry. 90% of that fight was infantry to infantry, but there is something more to PS2 than simply that, and those who understand it benefit from it. In an outfit setting it's easy, but then again it was a BIG fight and you need teamwork at that level.

Don't expect to go to a Crown fight with a one armed burster MAX and think you can take on every damn aircraft that comes around. If that were true, rocketpods wouldn't have been nerfed in the first place. However, if you get that second arm, another MAX buddy, a couple of engineers and a medic, well then you will find ESFs to be a goddamn cert farm. Hell, you just need the second arm and you can get plenty of xp without actually killing an aircraft for that matter.

Well, I guess I'm Whiskeysiding again, so I figure I should make this more succinct; it takes more than 8 hits to kill with a Basilisk, same as flak, so why should they kill as fast as one shot tank cannons when they both have huge magazines?
  7. TheMudster

Build your flight skills to get a better perspective. There are many easy kills as an ESF because you can catch people off guard, however you soon learn that it's a two way street. So many things take your ESF out without warning, and even more frustrating is going up against better/appropriately equipped (I don't have rocketpods but I have a PPA/A2A missle loadout) ESF that just rocks you despite your best dodging and reverse moves. There is a reason pilots get so defensive, it's not easy being in the air. People hate because they were doing something dumb/they were overwhelmed and if it wasn't rocketpods it woulda been tanks or harassers or 10 to 1 infantry odds.

Flying aircraft is the hardest thing in the game, you can't just press W and move your mouse so you can press M1 to kill dudes. There is a reason about every 7th aircraft you ping with your LMG spazzes into a damn mountain.
    • Up x 1
  8. Tekuila

Strong at what exactly? Killing someone occasionally? Maybe blowing up a tank here or there...

God forbid a pilot be able to kill something ever... You people never cease to amaze.
    • Up x 1
  9. McToast

Moin
    Do you have the character in your signature just to piss of everybody who tries to look up your stats? Because if that's really your main character, your opinion is invalid in so many ways.

If people think aircrafts are too strong they should fly for a few dozen hours. See how "easy" it really is. I tell you what's easy: Playing a maxed out HA.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
  10. Peebuddy

While I'll give you props for not making another striker thread, but another ESF topic is as old as time.

0/10
  11. IamDH

Im pretty shocked to hear that.
    I can make 60 certs an hr each session in my plane but i usually go after infantry/other planes.
    Going after tanks involves too much risk for too little reward.
  12. HAYMAKER

Whenever I want to go for tanks and other ground vehicles the lib is my go to counter. I thouroughly enjoy solo libing. Its even better when I have one of my usual gunners. But if they aren't online, it won't stop me from pulling a lib. On a good day I can spend atleast 45min in a lib soloing,tank busting and daltoning. . Skyguards are my favourite treat.
  13. HAYMAKER

Also keep in mind, I have an Auraxium membership. I play 8-10hrs a day. Depending on time I spend playing I don't make 600-800 every single day.. But if I have to save up certs to buy a 1000C weapon I can do it in 2days. No problem. But I buy weapons with SC. I use my certs to upgrade everything on them,my classes and vehicles.
  14. Bennybones

It's so cute when people get ******** over how they die, then complain that the enemy A, shot at them, B, didn't stand still so that everyone else could kill them. It's as if these whiners have never played and FPS before.
  15. nukularZ

I can't wait til LOS update. Then I can pod pod pod and pod away!
  16. KnightCole

Mmk, yeah, that is my main. But piss everyone off? How so? I wanna hear this story. Because I havent mained a pilot? And yeah, HA is fairly easy, but no where near as strong, pound for pound as a plane. If I could take like 54 hits, HA would never die.

Ive flown planes around as transport and been shot at and hit. I have sat liberators in unexpected flak fire and either simply bailed out or landed at my destination and ran off.

Stock Gals take 6 Magrider rounds, Libbys take I think 3. Hell even planes now dont out right die to tank and rocket round hits unless they were previously damaged. Planes take an entire mag from the Ursa to kill, thats a stock plane from VR.

As for ROcket pods, I think they are a fair bit more balanced, but the annoying part is when I roll out my MAX to shoot it down, put in a massive long burst right into his face and he simply flies off and comes back and repeats. Or I get on the flak turret to shoot him down and he flies up and blows the turret up cuz he dont give a f*$& that hes being shot.

And its kinda ******** people think entire squads need to be dedicated to killing a single plane. Nothing else needs entire squads dedicated to thier destruction. MAX? naw, 2 HA or 1 LA and a C4. Tank? 2 HA, 1 Engi, few C4....1 Tank? HA? 2 infantry, maybe 3 if the HA is good, but usually 2. Turrets? They are a joke and really need a durability buff imo.

No but really, do tell me, why my character in the sig pisses everyone off...
  17. Zerran

What I learned from the replies to this post:

The vast majority of ESF supporters in this thread have less than 3rd grade reading comprehension.

Seriously guys, try not to make yourselves look this bad. It's funny really. Allow me to show you the important part you all apparently missed: "Deterrent: The ability to kill" BUT, now here's the catcher "can't hunt down your target."
  18. Chipay

Where are AP rounds placed?
  19. Corporate Thug

I have lots of respect for pilots who use main cannons to kill instead of rocket pods. Those rocket podders are mostly useless, they sit around podding people at small fights and contribute nothing. Stat padding at it's finest. Get them on the ground and they get r*ped just like the rest of them, which means they use the pods as a crutch.

It's rather silly that people have the ability to be bad at a game, yet still be effective versus other players, that all inclusive attitude that SOE has which leads to all these no skill spam weapons in game. It sucks for legit pilots who need pods for tanks and other things but overall I think they should be nerfed. I dislike any weapon that requires little aiming on the players part.

Bad PS2 player->Hop in ESF, rocket pod some guys, now he is pro and trash talks in the most OP thing in the game.
    Funny enough most of those pilots I see getting r*ped by other ESFs and or running like cowards from real fights.
  20. Chipay

Actually, a bad player can be countered by a worse player, the lock on Heavy assault, AA turret, Skyguard and Burster MAX.
    Only skillful opponent to a ESF is another ESF, just like tank fights tanks and infantry rather fights infantry. If more people flew ESFs, more people would spawn AA, so less people would lolpod and more people would dogfight.

Future weapons will define roles for ESFs a bit more and will hopefully put a hold to most A2G infantry spamming.