NC supreme leader should execute whichever scientist that make Phoenix the empire launcher!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dragunov, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Karzi

The phoenix is fine , the other guns are just to good and that needs to change .
    Striker is a scrub weapon , no skill required and is way to dominate on the battlefield
    Lancer is to good as well , it can kill libs quite easy as well as tanks from really far away . Needs a dmg nerf so it pocks more but can be used from a bigger distance .

The phoenix is the most balanced one , it doesnt do to much dmg but you safely use it from cover without exposing yourself or hit targets behind cover , like sundies or smoking tanks.

Dumbfire rocketlauncers should to the most dmg since it takes a while to reload them after firing and they can only be used in close range or at not moving targets. So its fine that they can two shot a tank in the rear since compared to the ESRL they endanger the user. Also such weapons as the striker and the lancer have a big problem which some people dont keep in mind . The fact that it is easy to hit targets with them and they deal good damage , they complety deny vehicles if used in a group bigger than 7 people and they dont cost any ressources. The striker is the prime example , just put some kids with their new IWIN weapon on a hill and give them somebody who can call out targets and GG no Air GG no armor. Even if they die they just respawn and didnt lose anything.
  2. GamerOS

Hehehehehe, next you're going to say the Enforcer Modified is fine :D
    • Up x 3
  3. Flashtirade

You know what would make the Phoenix slightly more competitive? Letting it reload while the player guides the missile. Sure I don't get to see the cool animation unless I exit out of the camera, but I'd rather be vulnerable for 10 seconds instead of 14.
    • Up x 3
  4. NoctD

The Phoenix absolute OHK's engie turrets, which seem to be rather durable in face of other weapons. Its an irony it can't kill the single infantry yet it wipes the engie and turret all at once. :D
    • Up x 1
  5. Kracken

The phoenix is fine. Watch I'll fire it............opps I was sniped while it went 5 meters....
    • Up x 1
  6. NachoFoot

I doubt they'll make it like that again. I got the phoenix as it just came out and this is a reminder of the fun I used to have with it:

• Up x 1
  7. Bill Hicks

I like how so many clueless NC are trying to defend the Phoenix. It's so situational.

Kill aircraft ? if the pilot is dumb
    Kill a vehicle? if the driver is a ranged spammer who doesnt move.
    Kill infantry? I can get 4 times as many kills with my gun while you shoot rockets at infantry

It needs some buffs to be as good as the lancer or the striker.
    Being able to shoot behind cover means nothing when other launchers have just as good defensive use with complete awareness.
    • Up x 2
  8. Bill Hicks

So basically the enemy has to move up only slightly on you to make the phoenix useless. or move back a little and make it useless.
    It really cannot shoot vehicles behind cover unless it is in a extremely wide turn.
  9. gigastar

Well i dont alot of time in vehicles, that might have something to do with it.
  10. Tragachinos

^
    This guy knows how the freedom launcher is supposed to be used.
  11. Hibiki54

It's the ONLY rocket launcher with the AV quality. Same damage profile as the AV Mana turret
  12. Takoita

It's a cool weapon and I have an NC alt made specifically to troll harassers who think they are safe to repair behind that hill. That said, it could use some improvements. Idk about turning and speed - you won't hit much of anything if it would be flyng quicker, but effective raidus could use an increase.
  13. UNSCSpartan051

The phoenix has jack **** turn rate and low velocity. If the thing I'm trying to kill backs off no chance of killing. Shooting from cover gives you a huge blindspot where **** is unkillable. Today I was phoenixing a lightning over a Amp Station Vehicle Shield. The turn rate made it so i could've only hit a very very small part of the target. I hit it with all 5 of my rockets, but i just ended up killing nothing because he had Repair Tool rank 4-5 and was outrepairing me with his Tool. AND HE DIDN'T EVEN MOVE HIS DAMN TANK. High Risk, High Skill, Low Reward. You're better of with the AV lockon launchers.
    The 1 shot kill infantry thing is just plain stupid. Have YOU EVER TRIED USING THE DAMN THING AGAINST INFANTRY? If the target bothers to press either A or D, you're not going to hit ****. You're supposed to punish idiots for standing still, not give them a crutch. If TR can get such a low risk, low skill, High reward weapon why can't the Phoenix get it's 1 shot kill back and have increased damage to vehicles?
    • Up x 1
  14. dragonwinds

In the beginning it allowed us something no other rocket launcher could do, the ability to deny backup to the enemy. If they had an infantry push over a hill, we could could take out infantry running to cover to support the push. It allowed the NC to have a different play style. We could stand back and pummel enemies, like anchored prowlers. Denying support for the enemy is the tide of a battle, if you can stop enemy vehicles from going over a hill to their infantry, your faction has an easier time. I don't think the new one is bad, just that it needs more damage if its going to compete with the lancer or striker, or just more control to deny sunderers.
  15. dragonwinds

In your dreams
    • Up x 1
  16. Drsexxytime

I think many of the people are double agents sandbagging the weapon so it doesn't get buffed to be competitive with the other factions launchers, that can be the only possible answer, because it is, in fact, inferior to them. Don't let the NC get something good.

Like I said, this weapon falls exactly in line with how SOE makes the NC the joke of PS2. They give NC weapons which are shoehorned into such a razor fine situational use and call it a day. It's excellent at that one usage, but sucks at everything else outside of that one random usage which happens far too little in the game in the first place. The other 2 factions get weapons which shine in their respective use, but also are good weapons in other situations.

I'm pretty sure at this point SOE believes NC to be the joke faction, and are just playing dumb when they can't figure out why NC doesn't perform as well as the others.
    • Up x 4
  17. BadAsElite

Iv heard another tool say the same thing and get schooled by this responce on the lines of. "If you park a Sundie in the open view range of the spawn room. then you sir are the problem."
    (Remember the Pheonix has a 90° Missile movement ark and has low agility)
    To lose a Sundie to a few phoenix's means you are awful at this game and should auto uninstall.

The Phoenix currently as it stands is not a great weapon. I can see why some might enjoy it and find it "Good", but the real deal is that its far from good.
    Did any of you see the XP stats per min on all the ingame launchers? Phoenix was really lacking in comparison to the majority of them.

What the Phoenix needs is to auto reload while the missile is in mid flight, to give it the "DPS" buff it soully needs. Aswell as a "handling un-nerf".
    • Up x 1
  18. BadAsElite

Totally agree. Sony have already said they feel the NC is certainly lacking. And that they will look into faction balance again after the optimisation.
    • Up x 1
  19. NachoFoot

Would be a good response... if I could shoot my Phoenix from the spawn room.

Shooting from spawn is only a perk of the Striker.
  20. dragunov

I tried hit a MAX with 5 rocket in VR and I know NC is a joke :mad: