A Statistical Comparison: TR's T32 Bull vs VS's SVA-88

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MintiFresh, Sep 11, 2013.

1. TheBloodEagle

The TMG-50 is specialized to long range for TR (medium-to-long) and so is the SABR-13. Haha at the Reaper DMR. Ok I get it....well screw it then, there clearly is no "good all-rounder", "specialized" weapons still do well outside of their niche anyway.
  2. Mxiter

You get it! ;)
  3. CrashB111

I want to save this post for an example of troll logic later. Your disclaimer at the bottom not withstanding.
  4. toxs

The best LMG is actually the God saw. It need a serious nerf, and way too many players abuse this OP weapon. On average the God Saw takes out enemy platoons almost instantly. Also its accuracy is at 99.9% The recoil is only bad for new players or 4th factioners. New players are now banned for playing heavy assualt for too long. Its reaload time is only slightly longer than the knife. It has a AP rounds that pass through the enemies and friendlys heavy shields. This is the only gun in the game that bypasses heavy sheilds.
  5. MintiFresh

bump for SOE to pull their heads out of their *****.
  6. Botji

At least the corpse was fresh when you raised it.
  7. Posse

You have a 100 round 143/750 LMG, our only LMG with 100 rounds has a crappy 652 RoF, there's your faction trait.

Btw, next time do this in a table, it's really hard to read, you can just make a spreadsheet using excel, googledrive or whatever and screenshot it.

Btw, looking at stats I'd say the CARV-S is the closest thing to the SVA-88

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...698&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250
  8. Liberty

The CARV-S is the SVA-88 equivalent as others have said. It is a 143/698 tier weapon.

The CARV-S is a jack of all trades, master of none. You can put just about every attachment on this gun (outside of the two "advanced" options). Unfortunately in this role, you always have a gun that can be better given a specific situation.

The MSWR will be better up close, the Carv is better at close to medium/close. At medium range the bull and rhino are able to put more rounds accurately into the target. The TMG-50 and Rhino are your general long range options. The MCG w/ ex mags is your close - close mid suppression weapon. However, the Carv-S is better at medium range than the MSWR and to an extent the Carv. It is better up close than the TMG-50, Rhino and Bull. With the scope options and barrel attachments its more versatile than the chain gun while still having 200 rounds and a respectable ROF that doesn't suffer from any firing delay. (ROF delay now)

If you have access to all those other weapons, there is zero reason to ever touch the Carv-S, but if you can only buy one gun to do it all, its actually your best bet.
  9. Mxiter

Not sure: despite its high first shot multiplier and lower muzzle velocity, the MSW-R have better starting COFs and lower vertical recoil.
    First shot multiplier and muzzle velocity arn't that hard to compensate, while cou can't compensate stuffs to get better ADS COFs.
    MSW-R > Carv-S at mid range with foregrip. Same thing for the Carv.
  10. Liberty

You can't say "its not hard to compensate for muzzle velocity and first shot recoil" and then say "MSWR has lower vertical recoil" to make a point.

If we are talking about high aim players controlling a weapon, the only thing that matters is the random deviations that cannot be controlled. e.g. COF. But realistically we are talking about the CARV-S being more user friendly in general at that range. Things like high first shot recoil (making bursting at longer ranges more difficult) slower muzzle velocity and the like are common qualities you see in weapons geared towards close range.

Slap the Carv-S with a forward grip and a comp in the hands of your average player, they will probably do better at the 35-50M range than your average user with MSWR.
  11. EnviousCipher

Why are you using a foregrip over ADV Laser on the MSW-R?

toplel, 0/10, would not read again.
    • Up x 1
  12. Hoki

SVA-88 doesn't have soft-point ammo so there is a slight difference in performance at close ranges.

Though the differences between the weapons are so insignificant, probably the only meaningful difference is the higher magazine capacity.

T32-Bull is an excellent weapon.

But if we're suggesting buffs here, just add the advanced forgrip to this weapon and I'd be pleased with it. :>
  13. Mxiter

I use the foregrip for getting extended range in large bases while keeping a great CQC ability with good ROF and bette hipfiring COF than the Carv.
    It also have better moving COF(hip and ADS) than the carv and 0.225 horizontal recoil: F**K yeah for mid range!
    I'm using ADV. laser for places i know i'll need it.
    If you can aim the head, the foregrip is even rewarding at close range.

Over 40m maybe, but not by a large magrin. Both have crappy horizontal recoil, so are bad at range.
    Just compare Carv-S to pulsar LSW, SVA-88, GD22 or Em6, all others factions all rounders in fact!

It's a weaker version on the Carv because have lower ROF in exchange of a bit weaker recoil with com, but worst at hipfiring and not better at range.
    At least Saw-S makes a real sideback of the long range NC6 for people that dislikes 200damages weapons types handling.
    I already fint the carv an MSW-R drawback wich lose so much (COF, recoil, attachement) for more ammos and a terrible reload time.
    Carv-S really needs tweaking (better moving COFs? lower horizontal recoil?Slower reload?), it's not like it's an AR/Carabine where you can pun as UBGL on it.
  14. Mxiter

15. TheBigHert

Since when was the SVA more popular then the other VS LMG's?
  16. St0mpy

Quite a while, more so since the oracle of death started doing believable stats on a gamewide basis and found it topping the list, especially among higher skilled players.
  17. Posse

It's more popular across the high skilled HAs (I'd say 4 of every 5 use the SVA, and the rest use the Orion).

Yes, I'm not saying the CARV-S is as good as the SVA-88, but it's the one weapon you should compare with, at this point it's quite clear the SVA-88 is the best weapon in the 143/698 category, and probably the best allrounder LMG (I still prefer the Orion though), but hey, TR has the TAR for the medics, so it's fair that we have the best LMG.
  18. Kyouki

TR have bigger mags, longer reloads, more recoil and 2 of the carbines have 0.75 ADS speed.
    VS have higher RPM, shorter reloads, less recoil, more accurate.

I don't see the problem.
  19. XRIST0

There is absolutely no reason to use the T32 Bull over the T16 Rhino , they share exactly the same statistics but the Rhino has much more ammo to play with .. Its honestly a beast , the T32 Bull does not float my boat at all , waste of 1000 certs .
    • Up x 2
  20. Kodaa

Higher RPM? The Serpent? It's bad. Uncontrollable ADS and awful reload. VX6-7 is better. Shorter reloads because smaller mag. More accurate? Sure, Pulsar C is nice, but you've got a T5 AMC.
    The problem is that 40 round mag carbines with 0.75 ADS speed are amazing.

I'm not complaining. We have better LMGs, you have better Carbines/ARs, NC has.... sporadically placed decent weapons? Lol. Balance.