Miller unplayable during alerts

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by tuxtard, Sep 13, 2013.

1. tuxtard

There are currently over 60% of TR on Esamir during the Cold War alert.The following image was taken when it was about 1:30 until the alert end. In few minutes TR population went over 65% and poor NC was dropped to about 8% of the territory.

[IMG]

There is simply no point in playing like this anymore. I will switch to another server, or stop playing completely if this thing happens on all other servers. I hope that other non TR players will do the same, so that TR will remain alone on Miller to play with themselves.
    • Up x 13
  2. blashyrk92

This is the direct result of:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 15
  3. OmegaPREDATOR

Chose carefully there is only 1 server where NC are overpop. Others are VS and (many) TR overpop and it will be the same (even worse) as Miller.
  4. IronWarrior

Look at all the Strikers I give. :eek:

Miller is fine, nothing wrong with it.
  5. S1eB

It's all the noobs and idiots that jump to TR whenever there is an alert. This how pathetic some people are, they actually make a TR character just so they can be on the winning side during alerts.

It's so funny seeing so many low level TR players during alerts and it's blatently obvious. As soon as the alert is over, bring up the map and you can literally watch the TR pop in real time fall drastically within minuets of the alert finishing, as all the jumpers jump back to their own factions.

There needs to be a timer on being able to change character, you should only be able to change character every 4-5 hours.

Says the TR player. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 3
  6. phreec

It's been at a point where alerts aren't worth participating in for a while now. Alerts really screwed up the server more than anything else..

Off-hour alerts you can forget about.
    • Up x 5
  7. Hatamoto

Well it would nice with an official word on why alerts arent for all the factions? maybe its part of the ongoing fluff of PS2?
  8. IronWarrior

There needs to be a time limit on switching characters during alerts not for the fact of balance but because I honestly hate that type of player because they are of poor character.

But saying this, is there any real evidence that they are switching accounts just for the win, because alerts are linked to how long you have played during the alert, if you switch in the last minutes, you only earning a few 100XP or maybe a 1000XP for whatever it is, correct me if am wrong.

Yes, am a TR player, but it's not that, I just think it's sad and pathetic how people whine about things, need to act like more of a man and take it on a chin.
  9. Copasetic

Planetside had this and it's such a simple fix that I'm really confused as to why they haven't added it yet. Switching factions on the same server should lock you into that faction for 8 hours minimum.

Also there are plenty of TR players on Miller who are sick of playing with a 15-20% pop advantage.
    • Up x 4
  10. Larington

Depends, last night with my outfit, we ended up having a global alert to get tech plants and as VS were in a good position at the start of event something different happened on Miller.

People 4th factioned over to VS (The empire I mainly play there) instead of TR.

Here's the thing: I DON'T WANT TO WIN THIS WAY. It was too easy a win and I hate it as much as I hate losing to TR due to a massive overpop.

The XP alert reward needs to be taken away until the player base as a whole can prove it is mature enough to not negatively impact the other players play experience just for the chance of a 1 time 10k xp reward.
    • Up x 1
  11. IronWarrior

8 hours is too long, the timer is only needed for alerts. Why else have it longer or enabled any other time.

There isn't as many as you think there is. TR are having a great time on Miller.
  12. S1eB

Seriously, when an alert starts go to the world map and watch how much the TR pop grows and other factions drop.
    Then when the alert ends go to the world map and watch how much the TR pop drops and how much the others grow.

The amount of BR 1-10 I see during an alert is noticeable as well, the game has been out a while now and most people are at least lvl 40 or so. When you see that many low level players during an alert plus the TR population growth, it's pretty obvious.

Yes, TR are having a party. Shame the other two factions aren't.
  13. Hatamoto

enjoy it for as long as you can, happy for you
    • Up x 1
  14. IronWarrior

Thank you forum friend.

[IMG]
  15. Hatamoto

Hey guys we should all join the party .. just select new character, choose a TR of your desired gender and voila! finally we can find out what all the fuss is about! see you on Miller!
  16. LordMondando

Protip: By responding to Iron warrior you make him think his attempts at 'deuce bigelo: master troll' are successful.

Either that or he pretty much a case study in how to argue from your biases.
    • Up x 3
  17. phreec

I present you, The Typical Miller Alert 18:50+ CET

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Overpop on every single continent. Fun times...
    • Up x 4
  18. Klondik3

My question is why NC and VS don't focus on TR instead of fighting each other? If we did that then we could beat the crap out of 4th faction.
    • Up x 1
  19. Hatamoto

The desire to have more interesting and even combat makes VS and NC sorta "ignore" TR and let them have whatever **** base they want, as long as a couple of challenging encounters can be had before the TR zerg arrives. Of course we probably wouldnt be having a problem if VS and NC left eachother alone more than they do, but the vast majority cant be arsed ... alot of people just want to log on and experience a decent fight.
    • Up x 4
  20. IronWarrior

Are you having a joke? NC and VS are always fighting TR, even during the alerts they all be ganging up on TR and NC and VS have the nerve to cry TR being overpop when TR get doubled-teamed all day.