Fix ETA or is SONY giving finally up?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Collin, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Collin

As one of the last suscribers in this game it seems i still had hopes but now its getting kind of sad.

You SONY broke the game AGAIN or you broke it more then it was before.

After then the purple community girl comes up and MAKES A SINGLE line on twitter not not even on the official forums. That is a joke! Sorry this is not how you talk and work with customers at all. If I would work like this I would lose my job in no time.

You broke a service I AM PAYING for (well we know SOE it happens with you guys VERY OFTEN) and then you dont even talk to US? You just leave the game broken and walk home. NO communication at ALL.

GUYS and GIRLS this SUX
    • Up x 1
  2. NC_Edacyn

Go outside bro, and smell the fresh air.
    • Up x 7
  3. Torok

• Up x 1
  4. HadesR

Well my game just added a new patch on restart .. No clue if it fixed anything
  5. Tommyp2006

[IMG]
    • Up x 24
  6. Luperza Community Manager

Hi there!

I am the "purple community girl" you speak of. I think... ;) We've made an official post regarding some fixes we just released. https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/client-update-september-11-2013.150503/ You will need to log out and log back in to attain these fixes.

We're working on another hotfix that should fix other issues that you may be encountering.
    • Up x 6
  7. DJPenguin

Ok, i laughed pretty hard at that.
    • Up x 9
  8. daniel696

To be a developer of a big game, you need patience! LOL
    • Up x 1
  9. Pikachu

"the purple community girl" :D
    • Up x 5
  10. Kaale

so is the new Striker lockon mechanic a bug or a fix? Lockon must be maintained until all rockets hit their target or they just fly up in the air (not even continue straight)
  11. equinub

Don't sound to happy, you might just stand out from the crowd.

[IMG]
  12. MykeMichail

Pretty sure this is a FEATURE. This is what Strikers were always supposed to do. The BENEFIT of the Striker was its massive damage per magazine (2500, compared to the next highest guided weapon at a mere 1500!). The DRAWBACK of the Striker was supposed to be that it required you to MAINTAIN LOCK until the missiles had hit to get that 2500 damage. Much like the Phoenix and the Lancer have draw backs, so too now does the Striker.

Lancer - Advantage: Super fast projectile Drawback: Requires charging to achieve high damage
    Phoenix - Advantage: High damage against vehicles, no countermeasures or warning. Drawback: Limited range, requires you to stand still whilst guiding.

Look at it this way, at least with the Striker, if 3/5 of your missiles hit and you get killed, you don't lose 100% of the damage you did because you died.

You shall now be forever known as Purple Community Girl.
  13. Chowley

Purple Community Girl :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, hilarious and strangely endearing :D:D
    • Up x 1
  14. Drsexxytime

Done with this on OCT 29th, fixed or not. I tried to deal with this nonsense, can't anymore. All the bugs, then the lag, then just got a mass DC with 3 seconds left on an alert I was fighting for almost the whole 2 hours in. All I see when I log back on is so many outfit members signing in. Everyone's pissed. I'm done.
  15. LOLdragon

OP is part of the reason why developers don't visit the forums very often. Because when they DO visit, all you do is scream and moan and act like violent little children when they show up.

Hell, judging by your post, I don't even know what you're upset about! You're all rage and zero direction. Get some sleep, it's past your bedtime!
    • Up x 3
  16. Regpuppy

You forgot that part. ;P
  17. MykeMichail

This is true too.
  18. JokeForgrim

I disagree about the phoenix having no warning. When im playing on an alt I can tell when someone is shooting Phoenixes and Ravens just due to that annoying whine sound they make as they pass you by.

I will agree though, 3-4 people all launching and hitting a tank/lib at the same time will give no warning until its to late to do something about the audio cue you just heard.

I bought the Phoenix back when you used to be able reload it while flying (I thought that was a feature not a bug (Trading a HUD and distance counter to reload seemed fair)) using it now is a joke, I dont see where its Niche is meant to be.

At least Lancers and Strikers can be used in conjunction with Mana AV turrets behind enemy lines as an Anti Tank Column flanking idea.

Phoenixes though? 300m range, Semi decent damage, Standing around like a Lockdown Max while in the camera screen, Not to mention it flies like a galaxy so the whole "Wire Guided" thing doesnt account for much. What is it good for? Except when someone has deployed a sunderer directly next to a spawn room?
  19. Ronin Oni

ooo that went live??

If only I could see infantry past 20m I could have fun with my PPA Scythe again :D
  20. Chinchy

Rodger switching back to Desi!