Higby at GamesCom...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lazaruz, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Hatamoto

perhaps if they started listening to their players (customers) things wouldnt be so rough ... just an idea
  2. Spets

It's hard when the game is free and you have some many .... foolish? customers.
  3. Hatamoto

And so many customers who know what they are talking about ... atleast they used to have those, whole outfits of them have quit from what i hear
  4. vincent-

God interviewing those people was cringing, feel bad for Higby it's also why I don't think you can interview gamers every time I see them try it just about any gamer or game company. It's like nail biting to get actual responses out of these poor bastards.
  5. ViXeN

Poor Higby, that seemed so awkward. LOL
  6. Accuser

lol... the first person he talks to basically says:
    "Planetside 2 isn't optimized enough for me to play it yet."

Higby needs to learn to speak more slowly to non-native English speakers. These poor kids may not use English that often and suddenly there's a guy speaking at fluent American speed while putting a camera in their face. I'm surprised it went as well as it did.

If someone walks up to you with a camera and starts interviewing you at his normal talking speed in a language that isn't your native tongue, you might have trouble answering too ;)
  7. Hicksimus

Damn, I'd hoped that Battlefield loving moron was the first to go after the announcement.
  8. vincent-

People are stupid, I can probably dump so much crap on here to prove it. But I rather dump the most ancient direct image that works on all parties.
    [IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.com
    • Up x 8
  9. Hatamoto

SOE should get in touch with Fantasy Flight games to do a Planetside boardgame, im pretty sure that would be better publicity for the game and to draw a broad audience in
    • Up x 1
  10. Harbinger

It'll probably be more optimized too.
    • Up x 1
  11. Hatamoto

definatly ;) It would also definatly make the brand name bigger ... board/war games are becoming big bussiness
  12. Harbinger

I somehow doubt that. Wargaming isn't exactly mainstream and is usually shunned for being too nerdy.
    • Up x 1
  13. Izriul

"What faction is your favourite?"

"Vanu"

"Vanuoooooo? noo. Okay, let's not give this guy a gift"

Walks off.

What a cringe worthy video.

He's such a people person lol...
  14. Hatamoto

Thats simply not the case anymore, its becoming more mainstream and people who already play computer games hardly shun war games for being too "nerdy" ... thats absurd. People who dont play computer games much can get in touch with the brand through miniatures and cards and will try out the computer game as well. See they dont shun computer games for being too nerdy either.

Board and computer games are already coming together through warhammer, war machine, bioshock infinite, Doom .. to name just a few
  15. BadAsElite

Wouldn't it be funny if Higby offered them lads a bag of touch instead?

Not one person seemed overly happy when higby went over to talk to them either.
  16. Hoki

Higby worst booth babe ever?
    • Up x 3
  17. Klondik3

I like this. Players can discern relatively well what they like or don't like AFTER it is presented to them.
  18. vincent-

You must be terrible at poker. All those people interviewed are unable to grasp a conversation or understand how they felt about games infront of a video camera.
  19. Cryless

oh man I feel so sorry for higby!
  20. eldarfalcongravtank

well, at least higby tried, you gotta give him that. it surely wasn't an easy task for him interviewing non-english-speaking basement-dwelling zombie gamers