Game Crashed and Deleted All My Settings

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by moooosa, Aug 23, 2013.

1. moooosa

Is there any way to recover them? I could care less about the graphics settings but redoing the keybindings and everything else is annoying and I don't know WHAT I'm going to do about the mouse settings after playing for 600 hours on some setting I'll never remember.

This just seems like a good reason to go play other games from now on instead... SOE if you're reading this and your program doesn't back up game settings (shouldn't they be server side?), I hope you'll get a clue.
  2. VSDerp

contact customer support asap
  3. moooosa

Perhaps I should have asked, ARE settings server side? Anyways I'll give that a shot.
  4. Ripshaft

Those settings are in the UserOptions.ini in the main folder, if you lost them they're probably toast, but you can check the game folder (use the advanced tools menu from the launcher to open the folder if you're not fast with your explorer skills).

Once you've got your settings back to where you want, you might want to make a backup copy of UserOptions.ini in case this ever happens again.

Edit: took a quick look, didnt see any automatic backups, but ya never know there might be something there I missed.
  5. moooosa

I actually looked at that but it didn't seem like all of the settings were in there (mostly graphics and audio). I may just be interpreting it wrong though.

Edit: it looks like all the keybindings and stuff remained intact (wat). So it must have been just the settings in the UserOptions that got murdered. Gosh dammit.
  6. Tommyp2006

Once you figure it out again, make a copy of your useroptions.ini file and save it somewhere, that way you can revert easily.