[Suggestion] Stop trying to tell me my username is political! Cmon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ROMNEYTRON, Aug 13, 2013.

1. CaptainYamerica

I'd rather report all the xLegolasx, or xDarkPaladinx, or some other lame copied and done to death name like that.

Granted my name isn't that original, but it's a combination of one of my nicknames and one of my favorite comic characters.
  2. joe smo

Im offended that they are offended by that.
    hm, report to the mods that the people who are offended, offends you / bullying.
  3. Killuminati C

I haven't had any issues with my ign although I've caught **** from people cause they think I'm religious (I'm not really).

I wondered why your forum name was a different prez than your signature. I just thought you had some odd fixation with presidents. SOE give this man with no name his name back.
  4. LynxFury

Hmmm... a thread about people pointing out that a political name is political (jaw drops) (smiles.)
  5. Hibiki54

Well GWBTron, you are a dirty 4th factioneer, so their complaints are valid.
  6. Kadesh

And yet the devs allow a name like 'TheHomelessAbo', which is just about the most offensive and racist name any Australian could possibly use.

So that's OK, but a political name is no go????????
  7. vincent-

I killed some with that name and killed by. I like the names that are creative really.
  8. Notih8Darian

My username is "360NOSCOPEHEADSHOT"
    It makes people rage so much, it's just... amazing! :eek:
    • Up x 1
  9. IamDH

You added the letter Y
    How original >.<
  10. Chinchy

most americans dont know what an Abo is xD
  11. Mugze

Welcome to Political Correctness... I wonder if I can make a toon called PoliticalCorrectness !!!
  12. Mugze

lol I can't believe that he is called an Abo! That is just about the equivalent of calling a Native American a Bush N(Self Censor).
  13. Pat Cleburne

People are silly. I mean, who wouldn't enjoy going after Bush or Romney on the daily?

Edited due to NSA keywords
    • Up x 1
  14. ent|ty

It is absurd.
    Since when do people or forum posters or players have the right to not be offended?
  15. khai

Oh we have always had that right but like the 3rd amendment it just does not come up that often.
  16. ent|ty

Huh? I'm confused as to the point you're making.

Since when do people or forum posters or players have the right to not be offended?
  17. khai

again always, there is nothing requiring us to be offended, right simply means we can if we so choose. In this case we can be not offended by any specific thing if we so choose. I know the example wasn't exactly equivalent the one never comes up and the other is never exercised.
  18. -MJ12-

Funny, so political names are offensive, but on the other hand we have people like this
    https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428077643326999057
    who have already been Bad-Name-reported but nevertheless play like that for months.

Before you made that topic i thought there is no monitoring of usernames at all.

I mean, do you know how often i encounter people with vulgar names of testicles, feces, sexual practices or whatever? Many in german, some in english and who knows how many in other languages.
    That is way more annoying that meeting obama or whoever in battle.
  19. Ash87

This made me laugh... and then feel immediately bad about myself
  20. Ash87

Well, it's a load, because it's hardly the most politically charged name I've seen recently.

Sorry, but it's a bit much to be asked to change your login name over this.