Light Assault- Most self-entitled group of players ever?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by FrontTowardEnemy, Aug 5, 2013.

1. ShumaKun

Please tell me why "Higby's LA love" is gone
  2. Luperza Community Manager

There's some useful conversation going on in here about carbine rifles, so I'm giving them a little bit of a chance. :p
    • Up x 1
  3. FrontTowardEnemy

My delivery might not be all that delicate but the discussion is pretty detailed and both sides are making some good supported arguments. ;) Thank you for not locking it outright and I'll play nice going forward.
  4. theholeyone

It would be cool to get something.

I think they could get a laser designator, and nerf drop pod's vision. I've said this before, but it would be cool to make drop pods view 'wash out' with the entry heat to give the podder just a few glimpses of the terrain layout but little else. Then you make it so friendly laser designated spots show up really bright (green for squad, blue for rest etc) to enable the pod to be guided in with precision. Also the designator could be shown at long range for any vehicle using thermal or IR scopes.
  5. FrontTowardEnemy

I think LA and Infils should get a laser designator and be able to team up with Liberators to use laser guided bombs. Both would have to be in the same squad, one round per magazine, one round carried initially, upgraded to four total with certs. Impact would be similar to a Dalton, size wise, only with more damage, and the advantage of precision over range.
  6. Ronin Oni

Engie can SPAM smoke... ENDLESSLY.

That's a HUGE difference.

LA is better taking GL variant that lets them OHK troops below them without much difficulty.

Engie you take UBSmoke, and a IRNV sight.

Anyways, as been mentioned, LA role is to flank and force defenders (or attackers) to respond to a threat besides the choke point... allowing team to break through with distracted resistance.
  7. theholeyone

Infs already have a tool, though I guess allowing inf to choose LA tool and vice versa is fine.

Drifer jets with that would be awesome, 3rd seat of lib, bail out, drifter jets on while designating target, destroy, jump back in lib, awwww yeh!
  8. FrontTowardEnemy

Agreed, could be swapped out for infil dart gun.
  9. MrForz

Carbines are excuses of automatic weapons, shotguns now tickle, pistols are fine though, Mag Shot hurts fairly well and is quite reliable.

Now the impact I speak of is mostly during these large battles, you know, the ones that do matter, not the petty arguments over that one useless capture point.Battles where you send tanks repaired by engineers and heavy soldiers with shields that soak damage, shoot rockets at the line of tanks in front of them and advance while shooting down all the bugs with jetpacks trying to take their lives.

I can understand that as a LA, stumbling on gold mines such as a line of infiltrators/engineers/heavy assaults camping with their rifles/turrets/rocket launchers can be beneficial, but please, 4 times out of 5 they're going to see you and your little group and shoot you down. Kill based classes aren't exactly as useful in things that matter and just the fact that you're smart doesn't mean that the ennemy is stupid. And flying... as much as we get addicted to it, doesn't tend to be worth the trade, although, one wrong buff could make it completly burnt overpowered due to the fact that it's flying. Aaaaand.... Could have been more elegant if LA's had access to assault rifles instead. And even with that, I'm not really sure a group of LA's could be a force that would manage to push through the ennemy lines even through massive cunning.

Oh, and for your question, go take a look at the test server, tank drivers on Forumside managed to push through.
    • Up x 1
  10. deggy

Carbines are amazing weapons. The only thing better than a carbine is an Assault Rifle. LMGs are actually pretty awful guns when you really look at them.

The devs were quite clear that there are no changes planned for C4 on the Live server. The Cerberus had a 4m splash radius on the Test Server, too. That's not how it is in the game.
  11. itzCujo666

The ones that stay on the tops of the walls, effectively skylining their whole silhouette, are the incompetent ones.

Even one that's only slightly below average, would know to jet pack over and drop down, not to linger and expose themselves on the top.
  12. Shiaari

Posting in epic thread.
  13. Iridar51

To OP.

You played LA only for a short time, and already feel how amazing it is. Well, we used to be even more amazing, but since launch we've recieved a stream of direct and indirect nerfs, most of them hardly justifiable.
    In GU13 they nerfed jet pack capacity by 30% and speed while jetting down for no apparent reason, and broke a mechanic that allowed us to drift along the floor they introduced in GU13.
    Capacity nerf wasn't even mentioned in change logs.

And this is only a recent example. LA revamp, you look forward to so much, is unscheduled. It got that way after several pushbacks by other things. There was a time that LA revamp was on the first place, not it's on the last.
    All of this screams "oh we don't give a flying **** about LA".

RogueComet has a post somewhere, where he proves that LA is the least scoring and second least played class. Yes, jet pack is cool, we have access to high ground. But our weaponry choice gives us any advantage at all from that high ground only within 50m to enemies, depending on the weapon.

Spawn rooms used to not have second floor. Now, if LA jumps around the roofs inside a base, he can be easily picked off from spawn room's second floor.

Wait till honeymoon passes.

Edit: you all who don't play LA regularly praise Jump Jets so much. When was the last time you used them? They are slow. They always were slow, and got even more slow. For zero reason. It's a freaking rocket engine, we should be twice as fast. Like this.
    • Up x 3
  14. Luighseach

That was the point I wanted to make was that they needed a new tool that would be cert-able like the Med-tool, Repair-tool, Dart Gun, and to a lesser extent Rocket Launcher.

Honestly though with good squad play the Flash bang works really well in helping to bust a defended position.
  15. FrontTowardEnemy

I noticed the capacity decrease myself. Also, you may want to check out the build that's on the PTS, because to me it feels like the jets have even more reduced "impulse" (strength) than on the live server at the moment. It seems I can't jet as high, or get there as quickly, as I can on live. Just sayin'.
  16. Frenk

I really like this class, even if it is unfinished. Many people complain because when there is a FAIR 1v1 we are worse than everyone else or on par with them. HA have a better gun and an additional shield, Medics have a better gun and Infiltrators have invisibility. All these things are NOT situational like our Jump Jets. You can ALWAYS use the cloack, you can ALWAYS use the additional shield, ecc ecc.To be effective with the LA you have to avoid those "fair" 1v1 like hell, sneaking behind enemy lines, killing campers, placing C4, ecc. The point is that's not always easy nor possible.

Regarding the TOOL,I've always thought about LA getting a sort of a respawn tool (maybe allowing only 10 spawns in total, to balance it or something) like in the epic cinematic PS2 trailer:

And, BTW, this is NOT how the LA gameplay is, mostly because of the Jump Jets slowness.
    • Up x 1
  17. hansgrosse

So how about we remove the ability to spot for all classes but the LA?

Instant usefulness to the team achieved. Dorito spam reduced. Win-win.

Also,
    The entire point of LA is to be the sneaky back-shooter. True, it's not always easy, but it IS always possible as long as you're not in the middle of nowhere between bases in Indar's northern desert. I don't consider this to be an issue.
  18. Iridar51

Let's start with un-nerfing jump jets and go from there.
  19. hansgrosse

I'm addressing the notion that LA need something that benefits the team. This would do nothing for that.
  20. RogueComet

ROFL, you do that and the infiltrators would whine up a storm! Heck they are likely to do that because they feel that they are the only class that should be able to spot. :)

Would be interesting though I think you'd have to give spotting a sort of buff. Right now it is something of a real pain in the neck to spot a group of people for any prolonged amount of time. I swear if I'm in the perfect spotting vantage point, looking at a Sunderer, I can tag at the most 5 or 6 people before the dorito's start to disappear. Very frustrating to be trying to play that role and not be able to do so.