Honestly how bad is aimbotting (even subtle) in this game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by hazmat88, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Benton!

Me too. Wallhacking/radar might be a bit higher, 2-3%.
  2. ent|ty

Over the years of gaming, I've seen a lot of cheaters. Ones that were blatant, others that were a bit more clever, and others who would just outright deny hacking and playing the angel all the way up to the second where you would present them with Punkbuster screenshots showing them in the act....

Then they'd be "yeah, I was cheating. um sorry".

So I know how far they will go.

Also, think of it this way. Let's be conservative here when we do this estimation.
    If ONLY 1% of gamers cheated, how many per day do you think pass through an average server?

Make it 0.5%.... how many players logged off and on and played on PS2 servers today? 10,000?
    That's still 500 cheaters,

Still not conservative enough? How about only 1% of that 0.05%?

That stilll makes 5. 5 cheaters.

On a continent during primetime, there are at least 5 people that look like they're hacking at some point in the night.
    0.05% of 10,000 logins = 500, only 1% of that (a ridiculous conservative number) = 5 hackers.

They're there, they're frequent, they exist. The clever ones hide it well.
    But when you see that red beam of tracer bullet coming from halfway in another hex, and hitting you, and following you up a mountain, and you have cover, and you can see the bullets tracking you through the cover.. prolly a hax.
    • Up x 1
  3. LT_Latency

If hackers are hiding it so well that we can't even tell that they are using hacks. Who cares.

It's only a pain in the butt when you are getting instant gibs and have no hope of defending yourself
  4. Crayv

I would say more than anyone would like to admit. Most of the blatant ones are rather rare now but the closet ones are still rather common. I would say the most popular 2 are ESP and threat detection (lets you know when someone has their crosshairs on you) then there are probably a few aimbotters that use ones that only give a boost to accuracy.
  5. The King

There's less than 1% of players that are cheaters. Someone said something like 15-35% or so, which is way off.
    This just shows that they aren't good at FPS games to think nearly 1/4 of the players are cheaters.

Many real players do not want to lose their account.
    Some think they can get by, then they try to do it in a sneaky way. But, they will get caught.

The ones that say there are many, but hides it really good, they don't know that, they are just assuming that.
    Cheaters do not need to be seen cheating to get banned.
  6. XRIST0

I would say 1-5% , I have come across quite a few blatent aimbotters in my time playing since beta .

Seen plenty of other players using warp hacks , speed hacks and all sorts of things too .

Aimbotters are easy to spot out , you get insta killed with headshots by some noob using his solstice with iron sights from a 100+ metres away

Like yeah ok that's legit bro .. :rolleyes:

Hackers are sad , stop ruining other peoples game by using cheats its really pathetic .
  7. Badname3073

Could be that someone accidentally Q-spammed you from far away (thus you did not hear the announcement), and the guy saw you on his minimap.
  8. Badname3073

Aren't you talking about Sulphur, per chance? I have heard he's a hacker.
  9. hawken is better

Well... yeah. But you're not allowed to mention their names or you can get banned. Something like that. Meh, I've called him out before, but my posts were deleted.
  10. Badname3073

There are many internet message boards outside SOE control. If the local forum population grows too weary of bans, it will migrate elsewhere. I do not see a problem.
  11. Kyouki

Good to know he was cheating trash.
  12. Hands Down

It is much harder to determine who cheats in this game than many other games, F2P or not. And that is only left leg of the problem - the right leg is anti-cheat measures.
  13. TrainerS2

"Real players acted a lot like I did. Real players made mistakes and could be flanked. Real players missed shots and lost missions. Real players could be caught off guard."

Heehe i can see many players that know exacly where I am with no radars and make kill with few bulets :D
  14. CupidStunts

a few :p% hax. fact., compared to Wargaming\Steam WoT 0 hax.

hunting IP's for fun

all your bases get attacked by me at once.

This game died. Sorry Sony - nubs

SONY/TOOLS
  15. NC_agent00kevin

Obvious? Not many. SOE made some commentas a few months ago about their banhammer and that was a challenge, so there was a good deal more of them for a short time. The last one I saw was a week ago; guy with a Shrike never missed Libs at vast distances and appeared to have rapid fire rockets. GM was on and we assume he got banned quick after we reported. I was simply told "I have already handled it :D' so i thanked them and moved on.

Its the non-obvious ones that are probably more prevalent than you think. You'll never know an ESP or wall hack since it could easily be a sensor dart or scout radar. You'll have a hard time spotting COF cheats - though I have had several suspicious encounters where the bullets were just too accurate. Is that guy who can smack you at 200m with a Dalton while his pilot wildly flails through the air cheating or just really good?
    • Up x 1
  16. Thesweet

I notice cheaters when they keep shooting me through smoke screens even though they have an LMG since you cannot get IRNV on an LMG. Sure there is spot but then you have launched a smokie from cover then run across that cover they would be lucky to stop since they can no longer spam spot.

Also we should get rid of spot, or only for recon.
  17. Hantak

I would say about 5% of the pop uses some kind of cheat at one point or another.

I've never used one, but i've been called cheater, insulted and reported by several players, and to my surprise not even "newb" ones, anyway, im still around so...

After the last changes made to scout radars and such, i've become a bit more suspicious about players suddently making a hard detour to kill me, specially since i pay a lot of attention on my line of sights, spotting and even the surfaces i run upon. Yet i have not reported anyone for it. I do believe that this kind of cheat has become a tad more widespread recently.

Regarding the obvious aimbotting, i usually just end up a tad confused when all i hear is the headshot sound from players jumping and ads'ing, or light assaults in mid air pulling some suspiciously good head shots. I think about the posibility of them using some sort of cheat but then i let the sour feeling go away and think that maybe they did just nailed my character head several times and move on.

Bottom line, i think there are several "less" notorious cheats beign used, i dont think is THAT bad of a problem (when you compare it to the population balance issues, bad gaming performance, etc.) but its also truth that you can never be entirely certain of them, unless its a warp speed galaxy ramming everyone on the server manned by some wizard guy... thats clearly 1337 skillz..
  18. Lambchopz

Seems reasonable.

In all seriousness, I think that SOE has done a great job dealing with hackers. Looking back you saw a lot more obvious hackers in the first month or so, but they have done a pretty good job dealing with that since then. This forum section used to be filled with threads of people complaining about hackers. Now you will see one maybe once every week or two.

I'm sure there are a fair number of less-obvious hackers out there (somebody above pointed out stuff like radar hacks, wall hacks, visible health bars, etc) but those are also less egregious than an Aimbot or god-mode or fly/teleport type hack. Those people still die like anybody else and miss shots based on their actual skill. They're still a pain in the *** but at the end of the day they don't ruin the experience like the obvious ones. They are manageable, and even then I don't think the actual percentage of the player base that uses them is all that high (I would guess something like 5%, 10% at the most).

As far as F2P games go I haven't seen many that do a better job then SOE has with PS2 as far as dealing with hackers.
  19. Purg

I do take note of people who kill me with multiple tink tink tinks which would normally be a decent sign of an aimbotter so I can look at their stats afterwards. Most of them have been mediocre so I've gone on in my happy way accepting that I was outplayed for that kill.

For the most part, I'm sure there are hackers among us but they make up such a small population that it's not going to deter my enjoyment of the game. If they have to hack to get the better of me, says more about their ineptitude than my inability to kill them. I won't remember them but they'll know they suck enough to rely on cheating.
    • Up x 1
  20. raw

ONE BILLION PERCENTAGEDOLLARS
    • Up x 1