[Video] NS-7 PDW Gameplay

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by freeze, Jul 27, 2013.

1. freeze

I don't play infiltrator, so my go-to class for SMGs is the LA.
    hope you guys like it

I wasn't really too impressed with the PDW, but I got some nice clips here I think

enjoy :)
    • Up x 1
  2. Corezer

its a jaguar that takes an extra bullet to kill. also it is a lot more silent when using silencer than carbines, which give a more distinct faction noise leaving you more likely to be noticed.
  3. Iridar51

It's pretty self-explanatory that PDW is far from best for LA, non-NC at least. Doesn't mean it can't be used. I don't think freeze made this video cuz he thought "oh what an awesome weapon". Just to have some variety/new toys and to demonstrate gun's abilities.

Edit: oh, you didn't bash the weapon down.
    • Up x 1
  4. KnightCole

That gun is ugly as sin..
  5. Iridar51

Still beats TR SMGs.
    I actually pretty like it, esp the fact is bullpup.
  6. TheSeer

As a gun it self, it is pretty meh. However seeing that it might be the first bullpulp weapon in the game, I would like to see some more. Perhaps even a massive reduction to movement penalty on top of it as well.
  7. TheSeer

Actually I just noticed that the smg isn't a bullpulp, the firing mechanism seems to be up front. Oh well, my I got my hopes up for nothing.
  8. Iridar51

Well, what's the point would be then to have magazine in the back of gun?
  9. Corezer

What's with people, bullpups, and the need to make them better than other guns just because they're the newest flash in the pan of the firearms world...?
  10. TheSeer

Apparently you can breach a room better with a bullpulp since the barrel doesn't get in the way. That is what I heard anyway.
  11. Yalk

Well, they are pretty neat...shorter overall length for same barrel length...combining the function of a carbine and rifle

Mostly I imagine its because they look cool

Shrug
  12. Iridar51

Just to have some variety. And bullpups are better. You can have same barrel length with more compact weapon and better located mass center, or you can have weapon of same length with longer barrel. More controllable recoil due to barrel being exactly against the shoulder, not higher.
    Should note that longer barrel doesn't always mean a better weapon, there's a thing called "optimal barrel length according to inner ballistics", so more often than not barrel length will stay the same.
    Ofcourse, there are disatvantages - less convenient reload, hard to use drum magazines, especially double drum ones, but that's more in the field of machine guns.
    You also have to keep mind that when picking a weapon to use in an army, the deciding factors are low cost and reliability.
    So even if bullpups are better overall weapon, military won't rearm itself cuz that would be very expensive. That's the main reason why army uses weapons several generations old.
  13. Corezer

lots of myths here, I address a lot of them in another topic.
  14. Iridar51

That's the information I've got from reading books about weapons. It's not like I'm a professional soldier who used both of the weapon types in recent world conflicts :rolleyes:
    Sure, I could be wrong.