FACTS on the Vulcan, Marauder, and striker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GoogleIntern2013, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoogleIntern2013

So a TR moderator removed the last thread because some people (TR nubs) didn't like it when I informed the public on how OP they were, so here are just the facts this time:

The Vulcan:
    -Kills infantry in 4 bullets
    -Kills an ESF in 20 bullets
    -One clips a Lib
    -Kills an MBT faster than the main AP gun
    -2 clips a gal
    -Has better continuous accuracy than the saron or enforcer
    -One clips an MBT from the back
    -Two clips an MBT anywhere else

The Marauder
    -is a complete upgrade of the fury. with only 100 less indirect damage but vastly superior fire rate, damage, accuracy, and ammunition

The Striker
    -Still clips over obstacles
    -Still ignores flares
    -Highest scoring ESRL in SPM/hour
    -Has no lockon warning most of the time

Oh and btw, in GU13, the vulcan's damage was doubled from 110 to 220.

Oh and:

Vulcan - 4 bullets to kill with 60 total = 15 kills per mag @ 100% accuracy
    Enforcer - 2 shells to kill with 10 total = 5 kills per mag @ 100% accuracy
    Saron - 2 lazors to kill with 6 total = 3 kills per mag @100% accuracy

Discuss how this is fair.
    • Up x 16
  2. Aethestis

ITT: Many pieces of opinion interjected with actual data by a (I think you are vanu if i remember correctly) player who got killed by one of the afformentioned weapons and is in whine mode over them.

This is the kind of person who argues "ASYMMETRICAL BALANCE YO" when you bring up his faction strengths while simultanously denying the right to TR having some "asymettrical balance itself".

This is the kind of person who resorts to "ASYMMETRICAL BALANCE YO" when someone brings up zoe maxes, or claims its an outright liability (blatant lie) for any max to use ever.

This is the kind of player who used the lancer once and says its crap, I wish I had a dumbfire launcher with instant hit projectiles for those mag riders you guys are sporting, but the grass is always greener right? Maybe I could use that lazer bazooka on a hovering plane, or plane. Maybe I could SNIPE maxes with a rocket launcher, but alas, I am stuck with the striker, which can only fire on vehicles without flairs, oh the humanity

See what I did there? IF you want to have your own shiny toys, you have to let other factions have them, fair is fair, and thats what you really want right? fairness? oh no, you dont, my bad.

I'd go through each of your points, discrediting them, but I wont waste good brain power because you'll go into denial mode and put your fingers in your ears so to speak.

Nothing to see in this thread folks.
    • Up x 12
  3. Seasickness

It's fair, because the TR have the worst MAX, the worst rifles, and the worst anti-personel mines.
    • Up x 2
  4. Tommyp2006

On the vulcan:
    You are assuming 100% accuracy is possible, which it is not due to it's horrible COF
    It takes 1.5 clips to kill a lib, just over 3 to kill a gal.
    Takes roughly 28 shots now to kill an esf
    and these are all with the prowler version of the vulcan, which is more powerful than the harasser version
    also, the vulcan had it's resistance type change in this patch as well, doubling it's damage doesn't mean a flat TTK cut in half, on anything except infantry.

and 3 of your 4 striker complaints are all bugs.

also

this is changes to the harasser version, the prowler version is slightly more powerful
    • Up x 6
  5. Caserion

I love how all you said about the Striker is that it's bugged, that isn't a balance problem, those are bugs... which should've been fixed already.

-has better continous accuracy accuracy than the Saron and the ENFORCER...

The Enforcer doesn't even bloom, you just hold down the trigger and take notice of the drop off... Also, the Vulcan blooms a lot after 6 shots. It's also only viable at close range, unlike the Saron and Enforcer.

Expect the Marauder to get nerfed or the other ESW of the same type to be buffed so we can complain about those... yay.

''Oh and btw, in GU13, the vulcan's damage was doubled from 110 to 220.''

So was it's damage type, if the damage wasn't buffed it would be just as useless as it was before...

Conclusion: You've probably only used the Vulcan at VR, not in actual combat for a long period of time. good job...
    • Up x 5
  6. Gary

My responses in red

Now shall we discuss small teams of phoenix users inside the new base layouts on Esamir resulting in almost complete freedom from enemy vehicles whilst being able to shoot over the walls?

Or maybe the incredible range on the lancers beyond draw distance?

All factions have something going for them...
    • Up x 7
  7. LoneMaverick

I'd love to argue with you, but you have no points to argue. You obviously didn't even decide to read what you were posting, but just copy-pasted some stats you found after ragequitting to play some CryAboutWhatKilledYouSide2.

I recommend just taking a break from the game, if it fuels you to not only get your first post locked, but then attempt to post the same thing again and blame the forum mods for being biased...they obviously closed the first one for a reason.
    [IMG]
  8. Aethestis

yeah....you... you go man... you are so gonna force those apples to be orange!

oh and in the case that you meant vulcan not striker.... still a terrible comparison, by someone whos never used a vulcan in any sort of situation, i doubt hes even VR'd it.

lol
  9. ih8Darian2

As VS I'm perfectly okay with all of these, after all TR has their strengths and weaknesses, just like us.
    • Up x 3
  10. Alarox

1.) Why are you in a vehicle next to bases where you serve no purpose but an experience pinata.
    2.) Why are you within a limited 300m range
    3.) Why are you within a limited area where the Phoenix can actually reach you? It is not a maneuverable missile in any sense of the word. If you're standing on the ground level, firing over the walls, I don't think it's actually possible to hit a tank unless he's around 200m away at minimum making the potential range 200-300m. Conversely, if you're near the walls it should be absolutely impossible to hit you with a Phoenix
    • Up x 2
  11. NiteJazz

Idk how its fair, but imma spam these even more. In your honor. No need to thank me.
  12. KenDelta

AHAHAHHAhah... sorry I just died from laughter.
    Duel mercy ? makes any NC/VR literally BEG for mercy and beg not to be sniped by miniguns.
    Cycler , TAR. <--Best rifles in the game.
    Claymore , pfft yea sure.
    • Up x 3
  13. KenDelta

100% accuracy = they all hit.
  14. CNR4806

FACT: Threads titled with FACT or claiming that they have FACT inside are usually incredibly biased.

Try actually manning a Prowler's Vulcan. Try hitting infantry beyond 50m with that ridiculous CoF. Then after 10 kills try it again on a moving Harraser.
    • Up x 7
  15. BigMacDeez

None of these stats are factual. It's just the OP ranting...

We'll all be glad to have a proper discussion once your data is verified by a credible source.
  16. SolidSnake

Clearly the Phoenix is OP and in need of a nerfing when faced with this devastating evidence... oh wait.
    • Up x 1
  17. zedfonsie

Worst rifles? The TR have the best carbines and assault rifles, you also have the best medium/long range lmg (tmg-50), your max is not the "worst" its weapons perform the exact same as VS weapons, while I agree anchor is situational it doesn't make it the worst... TR have the best ES stuff with the fractures, prowlers, mosquitoes (best for average fly guys), striker, marauder (an unnerfed fury), vulcan-H (best weapon for harassers), carbines, assault rifles.
    • Up x 1
  18. Gary

Why are you close ranged to a vehicle with a weapon designed to dominate close range..
    Why are you over extended so much the whole of the TR zerg is locking you with a striker.

Exactly the same argument can be applied to every weapon... They are designed to fulfill a certain role and they do it, they are not overpowered they are specialized.. the same as the every other empire specific weapons.

^^ this

Oh whats that a small team of lancers? Close the gap and watch them get less and less useful....

Oh whats that a team of phoenix users? Increase the gap and watch them get less and less useful

Oh whats that a team of strikers? Utilize the cover, oh and a neat trick everyone should learn, swerving between vehicles resets lock time.

Perfectly fine with Lancers and Phoenix's, scat maxes and Zoe Maxes everything has its place..
    • Up x 1
  19. Vamperial

Ha! Everything I was going to post you beat me to it. QFT
  20. Mxiter

Come as close with saron/enforcer than people do with vulcan = better accuracy :rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.