C4 Nerf on the test server

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by simon11russell, Jul 16, 2013.

1. NinjaTurtle

MAX users have literally 0 reason to complain. They can be revived as many time as needed.

This C4 change makes sense only so far as the user has to pull an entirely new tank. That is not to say I agree with the change but at least it could be argued for because of that reason.
  2. RogueComet

Yep, I agree with your sentiment about MAX users. I am not that great at using my MAX suit, yet every time I pull it, I'm able to wrack up incredible kill streaks, and I NEVER have an issue with infantry resources while using it. NEVER. I'll admit, that is mostly because medics can revive me and engineers can repair, but still never an issue. If anything the price could increase but I won't argue that. C4 vs MAXes is fine. Yep!
  3. Hrafnagaldr

So what about medics? They can carry C4, too.

Anyway, two bricks setting an MBT on fire is fine in my opinion, they should still Instagib an Lightning. Or have their resource cost drastically lowered.
  4. deggy

I posted this in the other C4 thread, lemme just drop it in here, too...

C4 has the lowest kills/hour of all the AV weapons in the game... RIGHT. Let's check that, shall we?

http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantrytype/rocket_launcher/all/per-hour is the stats page for HA rocket launchers. The highest one is the Decimator, with 13.061 Vehicle Kills per hour.

http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantrytype/explosive/all/per-hour is the stats page for explosives. C4 comes in at 24.866 vehicle kills per hour. Almost, but not quite, double.

But the best way to kill a tank is with a tank, right? So let's look at those.

http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/vehicletype/prowler/all/per-hour - Prowler
    http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/vehicletype/vanguard/all/per-hour - Vanguard
    http://ps2-stats.com/weapon/vehicletype/magrider/all/per-hour - Magrider

Those three pages show that the AP guns do, in fact, get the most vehicle kills (with the exception of the Saron), which is how things are supposed to work. But they also show that the best-performing main gun, the Titan-150 AP, gets 11.875 vehicle kills per hour.

So let's reiterate.
    NS Decimator - 13.061 vehicle kills per hour
    Titan-150 AP - 11.875 vehicle kills per hour
    C4 - 24.866 vehicle kills per hour

Now, let's take it a step further. Let's assume all tanks are 2/2, perfect anti-armor builds. So we'll combine the numbers from the highest primaries with the numbers from the highest secondaries, since both guns are performing.

Vanguard - Titan-150 AP + Enforcer ML85 = 20 vehicle kills per hour (rounded up a bit)
    Magrider - Saron HRB + Supernova FPC = 21.25 vehicle kills per hour (rounded down a little)
    Prowler - P2-120 AP + E540 Halberd = 19 vehicle kills per hour (rounded up a tad)

All of the rounding that I did in the above was by less than 0.2 kills, I just didn't feel like adding decimals.

That's a 2/2 main battle tank we're talking about there. Two people, 450 resources, a tech plant, and a cooldown. And C4 is still better at killing tanks.

C4 is definitely the worst-performing AV weapon in the game. [/sarcasm]
  5. deggy

Medics have Utility Pouch, they can carry 3 C4 if they use it.
  6. stalkish

when are they nerfing/removing HE tank rounds then.
    IMO they shud remove HE and up HEAT damage a tiny bit, dont refund the purchased HE guns either just to piss the campers off.
    For clarity: Tanks should fight other tanks not sit farming infantry.
  7. Hrafnagaldr

Ah thanks for the Info. :)
  8. deggy

You should really learn before you post.

Even using HE, you have to get a direct hit to kill infantry. Splash won't do it. The only vehicles that can profit from HE use right now are Prowlers because they can apply double the splash to a single area. In short, there is no noticeable difference between HE and HEAT for killing infantry.

HE has been gimped into uselessness for months because infantry players didn't feel like running Flak Armor when fighting a tank.
  9. HellasVagabond

High risk ??? How is it high risk when some L.As would circle around MBTs staying away from biolabs/bases to keep away enemy MBTs , hover above them, throwing two C4 and clicking the button ? Some of you think that it's natural for MBTs to have the motion sensor cert when NOONE has it. So High Risk ? Certainly not.
  10. Mattht

@Deggy: Shouldn't we take into account the number of players that use the weapons?!

C4: 133668
    Titan: 34442
    Decimator: 109777

Kinda normal that C4 has more kills, no?

In addition to this, more classes have C4 on them so tanks will more likely meet C4 than Decimators during their play time.

Numbers don't lie but may be used in a deceitful way.
    • Up x 1
  11. Thrustin

Fault of inept tankers such as yourself. Not that of game design.
    • Up x 1
  12. Kronic

I have 2.69 kpm according to my C4 stats and I know that's wrong, especially considering the second highest kpm weapon I have is the Blackjack at 1.05. The time used stat only increases when you have C4 out and equipped in your hands making the kph inflate unlike in a Prowler where you're always in the main gun and therefore get an accurate representation of kph with whatever cannon you're using.
    • Up x 1
  13. HellasVagabond

The typical answer....Tankers should NOT be shooting at enemy MBTs but rather turn their turret around to spot L.As trying to flank them just to place 2 bars of C4.....Amazing.....Silly but amazing nonetheless.
  14. Thrustin

No tanks should not be in a position to be flanked by infantry. It is that simple. Really. You people never cease to amaze me by not grasping this simple fact.

Should I be crying out loud about HE turrets getting used against infantry in open fields? Pls nerf, it can instagib me :(
    • Up x 1
  15. deggy

Actually, infantry spent a good bit of time crying about HE turrets, that's why they were heavily nerfed.
  16. Thrustin

I'm talking about now. Not then. But if it makes you happy, I was never a supporter of any tank nerfs. I hate the fact that they need to shoot you twice with splash damage to kill you. It is stupid.
  17. deggy

But now infantry are getting the same treatment tanks got. Everyone cried about tanks, they got nerfed into uselessness. Now people are starting to whimper over infantry AV weapons. SOE has a bad habit of using the headsman's axe instead of the pool noodle when they hit something. C4 didn't need this big of a nerf, but then again, neither did HE rounds.
  18. Thrustin

As much as I agree it is better to buff stuff rather to nerf them, I don't see how the points you are making really help this discussion.
  19. deggy

I'm saying C4 got too big of a nerf, but it did need one.
  20. Compass

I do all of the above while cooking in one hand and doing homework in the other.