Harrassers are balanced.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jeslis, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Dvine

Then try to use weapons that are bullet based, it will be a wonderful experience I promise! Dumbfires are for people with aim, not everyone can aim apparently. The default VS Heavy Assault gun blows it up in 4 clips, if ground troops fire at it with bullet based weapons it will be dead/running. If you want to be pro then use a basilisk that explodes it in 48 bullets.
  2. Goretzu

Indeed if everyone fired at a Harraser every time the saw one there would be less of an issue, but still an issue.

But again even there it is very difficult to get enough shots on a Harraser before it is out of sight/range and then it can just repair up without even needing to stop.

Other vehicles need to make a choice, stop and repair or run - the Harraser can do both at once, whilst moving at high speed. This is why it's surviability is so out of wack with all other vehicles.

Dumbfires are a red herring though, hitting a fast moving Harraser with one that isn't heading directly at you or directly away from you is very, very difficult (as I suspect you'd know if you'd ever tried it :) ).
  3. Morrow

Nothing wrong with the harasser really, TR have too much firepower on their harassers thats for sure. Perhaps a slight nerf to their armor is needed but only from AT weapons and tank. The small arms fire already does too much damage to an armored vehicle like the harasser.
  4. Goretzu

If you're taking too much small arms fire you're going to slow.
  5. PutteFnask

Problem with Harasser in my eyes isnt with its durability or weaponry but its sound profile. Currently its noise level is the lowest of all vehicles. It should be a lot louder as its engine obviously is capable of the best ingame acceleration and overall speed.
  6. Morrow

The harasser is quick, but not quick enough to dodge bullets. So it don't matter how fast you drive. also I didn't state that I take too much small arms fire, I stated that the small arms fire does too much damage in general.
  7. Goretzu

If you expect to charge through a mass amount of infantry then just, no (what you want is a MBT).

The Harrasser is more than tough enough to survive against a very substantial amount of infantry with small arms fire as it is.
  8. StuntPoteten

ESFs and Liberators do self-repair on the move (most I know run with auto repair). The only "problem" I see with the harasser is that the the composite armor upgrade is to large. I'd rather have a higher base HP on the hull, and then have the armor upgrades add less; resulting in the same HP total on a armored harasser. This would open up the other cert lines for use.

I believe the immense QQ we have over harassers atm are due to completely OP weapon systems. M20 drake - hybrid, halberd - AV and kobalt - AI should be the baseline everything gets compared too. The XP for shooting ground based vehicles would also be nice, the same we got with air. Also, being roadkilled is humiliating to many, and they don't like to "loose". Alot of people also get hung op on the "dune-buggie" aestethics, it's a ground based lib with zero weaponsystems for the driver, of course it's going to be strong. Teamwork should be rewarded and encouraged. I'd rather see the other vehicles and weaponsystems get changes to so they become more like the harasser.

Dedicated driver for our 3 man MBTs, 2 man lightnings would be ideal, but it's never gonna happen.
  9. Morrow

I happen to disagree, shooting an armoured car would cause more danger to the person shooting it than the car itself. And I have many experiences with a small squad of infantry hammering my harasser down to 50% just by unloading on it.

Libs don't take damage from small arms fire, lightings don't and MBTs don't. So why should the harasser? It should be taking slight damage from smalls arms at most. Right now its taking too much and isnt working as intended.

Oh I guess I should drive it at light speed to avoid bullets shouldn't I?

The only harasser that can be considered to be slightly OP is a TR harasser due to the great weapons they can mount on them. Either NC and VS need better weapons on top or TR's need some work. That would create more balance but it isn't a serious issue since VS and NC may have better vehicles in other areas to make up for it.

Also how fast do you drive your harasser to dodge bullets?
  10. Goretzu

You could make Harrasers immune to small arms fire, certainly.

It would then have to be destroyed by 1 decimator hit in that case though.

But you're basically proving my point a SQUAD of infantry firing small arms at your harraser and it just gets you down to 50%? That is very, very good surviability.

As for Libs? ESFs do take damage for exactly the same reason Harrassers do, their sheer speed.
  11. Goretzu

Auto-repair is a VERY different thing to engi-self repair, do you really need me to list the vital differences?

I agree that if they nerfed Harrsser firepower then the speed and armour would be fine, but personally I think they need to nerf surviablity through armour (and self-repair - which is basically an expliot as it was on other vehicles when it was possible on them) and keep the speed and firepower.
  12. jihon83

Again, make the Harasser an open-top vehicle and you'd solve the matter simply by making the pilot and the person riding shotgun be a lot more careful around infantry and armor that's making use of HE and HEAT rounds. The biggest problem with the Harasser is tied to the way it can just bowl into a combat situation, but if all of the riders are vulnerable to either very well-aimed or a lot of wild fire, it will be a lot more like a "transport" vehicle than an MBT that looks like a dunebuggy.
  13. PutteFnask

I just dont understand those who wish for a vehicle thats stealthy, agile, fast and also a mobile fortress if they also care about gameplay.
    Yes, its very funny to farm without any to very little fear of dying but that will only kill off the part of this game thats the most fun atm - infantry play.
  14. Dvine

Except 4 clips from a VS HA with the default gun will put it into red. 4x50 bullets is hardly "substantial" with infantry zergs running around...
  15. Dvine

They also have 2 weapons and run with a single pilot.. Apples to Oranges bud, tho I would like to see a rotary AND rocketpods on a harasser that the driver can operate :D
  16. StuntPoteten

It is not basicly an exploit. It is a stated ability for the harasser to have. Maybe unintented, maybe not. But they went out of their way to mention it in patch notes as an ability they let stay. Quit calling legit gameplay for exploits.

The faction specific weaponry are so completely out of tune it's not even funny. PPA vs marauder vs lolshotgun, vulcan vs saron vs enforcer. Fury and bulldog have their place, but I am not sure where. This is all just opinion though and soe will do what soe will do.

By allowing OP weaponry on the harasser, it has gathered quite alot of hate, and I believe it will get nerfed too hard because of it.

tl;dr OP weapons ruined the harasser for everyone.
  17. Goretzu

It was offically an exploit in the other vehicles you used to be able to do it from, and was eventually removed from them.

Whether they class it as an expliot or not in the Harrasser it needs to be removed.
  18. Goretzu

They can also fly (you left that off your wish list :D).

Back in the real world though Harrasser need to be balanced, as I've said I think removing moving self-repair and then maybe an armour nerf would do it.
  19. Goretzu

It's quite a lot to land on a non-AFK Harrasser.

Again Harraser are NOT intended to drive into the middle of infantry zergs mowing and shooting down dozens with impunity.
  20. Dvine

Ok so they remove rumble self repair.. Then you will soon find out that in 80% of the time its actually easier for any half brained harasser crew to Turbo away like 150-200m and hop out and repair behind a rock/building/etc. As someone who spent quite some time driving/gunning a harasser this is what we do.

Noone I repeat noone is dumb enough to stick around and wait for the 3rd or 4th tank cannon hit. Everyone without a deathwish will bail on the target after eating 2 main cannon shots in the majority of the time, turbo away and repair behind some nearby cover. To be honest and I'm talking against myself now, if you want harasser nerfs then it should be the Turbo, as thats the main thing that saves us most of the time.

Not the composite, not the repair.. Seriously come on woodman roll a vanu and I'll drive you around so you get some real ingame experience how the darn thing really works from the inside.