Game Update 13: What to expect and when.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jul 16, 2013.

1. JonnyBeanTown

Implants are lame. This isn't COD, we don't want or need 'perks'. :mad:
  2. TehGrimZa

forum needs a thumb down option, so SOE can really see the community reaction to the crap they "update/release"
    • Up x 8
  3. St0mpy

those p2w implants can go to hell

you know damn well its crossing the line Higby and we have to have them, no matter what level or class we play but you do it anyway
    • Up x 6
  4. sesgel

absolutely not.... im fine with buffs nerfs p2w but when you make another continent lattice i hang up my guns and cancel my premium membership. with the lattice system on indar i just fought on esamir and amerish but now im going to be limited to only 1 continent i would be more forgiving if you took it off indar and tried it on esamir but ide rather quit the game then have to deal with the lattice system or forced to be on only 1 continent
  5. Tenebrae Aeterna

Implants are an excellent idea, just not in the way that they're currently trying to implement them. They should be items you can unlock, just like anything else within the game, that you can apply to your character as a means to augment. You should only be able to use a specific amount at one time, just like the old Planetside, and those which require activation should have a cool down.

• Unlock implant
    • Equip implant
    • Passive or Activate
    • Swap out at a Cybernetics Tube.
    • Limited to three at one time, or whatever amount of implants is balanced.
    This really isn't a concept that should even have a shop oriented feature, except to unlock them quicker with Station Cash like weapons.
    • Up x 6
  6. NC_agent00kevin

Your default pistol is a machine gun.

[IMG]
  7. JonnyBeanTown

I hate to break it to you Sesgel, but all continents will be Lattice at some point. It is known.
  8. Blarg20011

Exactly, how the hell are they going to make money off this piece of crap when our default is so much better?
  9. NC_agent00kevin

When I see air, I start drooling and pull a Skyguard.

Bring it.
  10. Fenrys

• Up x 2
  11. exLupo

Awareness will be another Nanoweave. If you pick anything else, 9/10 times you're hobbling yourself. Since they're ok with leaving Nanoweave as an alpha-cert, I don't see SOE having any issue with introducing this 90% option as well.

Terrible.
  12. Tenebrae Aeterna

13. Saqer

Below is a link where Higby not only says making implants cost SC is Pay to Win, but that it is something that they would never do:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/72872/planetside-2s-free-to-play-economy-explained

The quote itself:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, I am begging, do not push forward with the idea that implants can be bought with SC. Do not go back on your word on this.
    • Up x 10
  14. HadesR

Haven't read all the thread and I do agree with people and their P2W concerns ...

I just hope they make implants so you can only equip one at once .. and not 3 or 4 ( if that's been answered forgive me )
  15. Accuser

Used to be you could only buy upgrades by playing the game and getting certs. Only sidegrades and cosmetics were sold for cash.
    Now you can buy Implants for cash, which are obvious upgrades for your character.
    Maybe they'll start selling certs next.
    • Up x 2
  16. Rockit

Easy. Just like they have been doing. Nerf into the ground what you currently have.
  17. Kumaro

I wonder if half of the people here even read the GU post properly

Implants will have relatively short durations (Measured in hours, not days) and low costs. Like weapons, they'll be available to purchase for both Certification Points and Station Cash. We're still finalizing the durations and costs for these items, but we'd love to hear feedback on the system.

Anyone read that Anyone??
    I read CHEAP and i read AVAILABLE TROUGH CERTS!!!
    I also noticed that they won't be super BUFFS but instead will give small bonuses not pure upgrades -w- geez some posts here give me a headache
  18. Alb

e: ^^^ That doesn't make it good. Implants like this are pretty much boosts v2. It's a straight temporary boost in power, rather than something like a fun gameplay adjustment. If I were in charge, implants would have positive/negative benefits, and not be consumable and not cost SC. But don't worry. Nothing's going to change this.

I like the idea of implants, but not like this. Consumable, unlocked with certs/SC, and a few of the abilities seem really lackluster. This absolutely a bad idea and should be scrapped. How hard could it be to look at PS1 implants and try to mimic that?

But, of course, SC is involved. So there's no way they're to stop now. We asked for implants, and here's our implants. gg SOE. RIP us. *drinks another beer*
    • Up x 1
  19. Grinnzz

Did you read what they are?..
    Small bonuses, not pure upgrades.. "instantly mark anyone who damages or kills you" i.e. that well hidden sniper is now seen by everyone on map, even if he gets the perfect one hit headshot with his suppressed rifle (low cost item invalidating cert investment). "sensor shield: blocks all enemy radar" pretty easy to sneak up on tanks or flank entire lines with that (low cost item invalidates the entire line of sensor dart certs, that's 1780 cert points that becomes useless to that infiltrator if you buy this low cost item). Those aren't exactly "small bonuses" how about "invisible to thermal vision" so all those vehicles running thermals (worth 200 certs per weapon) will never see you at all. These are pure upgrades and large buffs that can be bought for straight up cash. Wallet warriors can instantly get a leg up on people and they have no counter. They just invalidate cert points spent by other people.
    • Up x 6
  20. Saqer

I have read the post and I well understood it. The point you are missing is it does not matter how few certs they cost and how long it lasts. The very fact you can buy implants for station cash means you are directly allowing people to buy certs.

"That's not true" you say "I don't see anywhere where you can buy certs"

Lets put it out there this way, these implants for competive play will be mandatory (you may argue that they are situational, I dare say you are not looking at there annouced ablites if you belive that. )

Sense they are mandatory that means you will be buying a constant supply of these, this means either you are reducing your overall cert gain by the amount listed, or your spending stations cash. Considering the importance of certs, this means (especially early on) you are spending money to keep that edge going. If you don't well sucks to be you, look forward to having ****** shields or to never see your enemy coming at you before you die.

it can be argued that resource boosts and XP boosts already do this to a degree, but we have to put a line in the sand somewhere and this needs to be it. We lose this and next on the list your just straight up going to be paying for more health or super bullets.
    • Up x 2