Connery TR: Has failure become your only option?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lepalose, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Lepalose

Stop sucking.

I am not talking simply about your inability to get out of spawns and actually play, nor your seemingly lack of awareness in covering your flank and rear. I am talking more about the lack of a collective intelligence to move to high priority locations where there will be a good, winnable fight - the types of fights that we play this game for, and the victories that bring our members coming back.

Sometimes these fights will be a defense. This is something unknown to many commanders it seems. But I will let you know a secret - defenders get an advantage, particularly at larger bases. Make use of it - you will earn more certs doing this.

Sometimes it will mean joining a large force that is already established at a fight. Numbers matter, and if you think you are helping these fights by not assisting directly, and instead attacking the other empire in a different location - you are not helping. Do we need to zerg ball everywhere? No. Do we need to apply large forces at key times in key battles? Yes.

Clearly we have been losing lots of alerts recently. But not only that, we are low on territory most times of the day as well. A lot of you may say "yes, but our population is low" - I reject this excuse. Instead I say our population is low because we are not winning battles, not winning alerts, and our TR members are not having fun losing. Thus with TR numbers dropping why play with commanders that take them to losing battles with a lower global population? It is a pretty vicious cycle, but you can turn it around.

I know you feel your outfit/platoon/friends are better then the rest. Yeah, okay, but do you act alone? When you stand alone as an individual, or a single outfit - no matter your size - you are weak. Your hubris will cause you and your group to lose more and more battles, both for yourself and for the rest of us.

These points are exemplified in a recent example. Just the other night a platoon made the decision to move through Quartz Ridge, Indar Excavation, and so forth to try and take Suarva Biolab against a defending force of similar if not greater size. Meanwhile other commanders all strongly agreed that Allatum need the additional support for defence of our only Biolab on Indar. Without these reinforcements defending an already held location, our forces lost one of the few Biolabs we held for the sake of a completely failed attack. Thus both fights were lost when we could have fought at one, won as one.

Do not go it alone. You will lose. Want to win? Want to create those awesome moments for your friends and members? Then working cohesively as a team is what matters. Whether you view this a "team death match" game with no "metagame" or not, the path to victory is working together in the larger sense of cross-squad, cross-platoon, cross-outfit cooperation, communication and coordination.

Until you do, our TR empire, our outfit members, and our friends are going to be suffering due to your ineptitude.

So Connery TR, it is time to stop sucking.
    • Up x 12
  2. Cab00se187

You should try playing NC on Connery. You'll want to gouge your eyes out and scream at people
    • Up x 11
  3. SNAFUS

Sadly TR have recently taken an extreme dip in Outfit performance. Though the TTA does extremely well with our participating outfits. We still only make up a minority of the player base for Connery TR. It will take a lot more work and effort from TR to start digging ourselves from this hole of fail we fell into.
    • Up x 1
  4. Baconite

As a VS on Connery I have more problems with TR than I do NC. TR don't seem to have the coordination to take and hold territory like the NC do, but when it comes to fighting the VS they're harder to push whether we're invading or defending.
  5. ComradeHavoc

let me stop you there, VS is undoubtedly the strongest faction on Connery. I've had times where the world pop was VS %43

NC are the underdogs

We don't try Alerts anymore.

I feel like for every VS I kill, 5 more spawn.

AND THAT'S PUTTING IT LIGHTLY.

On Connery I only have "fun" when we face TR.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ripster

I hate fighting TR. You never get air support. Which means you get constant bombardment from above by esf's and constant bombardment from prowlers.

No one wants to fly against the striker.

Edit: Also, **** quartz ridge. The VS don't even know the kindness they're given not having to advance up that **** hole of a hill versus TR and strikers.
    • Up x 1
  7. SNAFUS

I think just about everyone can agree that the VS are the top faction at the moment. But the reason they are doing so isn't population alone but simply playing more organised then the apposing factions. And as far as the NC being the under dog I strongly disagree with ya comrade. TR have nearly been dead last in almost every prime time alert now for three weeks. Yes, NC a month ago was on the ropes but TR has some how gained the incompetence that used to plague your faction.

There are simply to many TR outfits that don't want to work together or even remotely coordinate in basic ways. It is a combined mess of many reasons but if TR want to stop losing every major fight. They need to accept the fact that working cohesively with other outfits is key to success. Plus who ever keeps making these "interesting" decisions on troop movements might want to re think their approaches. As that scenario Lepalose used was just repeated about an hour ago by the glorious Terran republic again.
  8. eufie

Not sure if the TR luster has faded in the past couple of weeks, but I do usually see a couple of TTA's outfits active during off-peak. Though I share your sentiments of the current state of the TR particularly during the prime-time, I am somewhat reminded of the fact that VS had also faced this sort of problem early on. I think it is safe to say that as a result of underpopulation, the Connery VS generated formidable players in the server during this period. I'm sure the TR will be able to look beyond their lack of numbers, and will take their game up a notch. I hold a great amount of respect for the TR who continue to persevere on Connery.
  9. ComradeHavoc

I know the base design is horrid as they can just bypass the horribly designed walls altogether. Besides the strikers and fractures, the VS seem to piss me off more than TR. Don't misinterpret me, I just hate one more than the other. But when it comes to infantry combat I feel likes it's a bit more balanced with TR than VS.
  10. Compass

This last alert, population:

NC - 38% World
    TR - 29% World
    VS - 33% World

Capture 9 Bio Labs
    Starting Count: TR 1, NC 4, VS 4

Finish Count: TR 1, NC 2, VS 6

TR lost its Bio Lab almost immediately, but captured another one on Esamir while a few platoons took way too long to attack on Indar. NC managed to lose 3 Bio Labs in the same period, gaining only the one they took from TR.

So, TR, having 3/4 of the population of the NC, manages to squeek out some XP at least. NC, despite being bloated, somehow managed to lose 3/5 of the Bio Labs it had a hand in at any point.
    • Up x 2
  11. Bill Hicks

The NC faction has prompted me to do some personal research on how mental patients are getting access to PCs with specs to run PS2 at a decent frame rate.
  12. Vortok

When I die on my TR at a reasonable size fight, I'll usually see maybe 2-4 medics (not rare for there to be 1 or 0 in a squad size fight). If the mood strikes them, they might come over and rez me. 50/50 as there are some good Medic players (back on Helios it was basically one Medic, but he didn't suck at least). If I'm a dead MAX, more like 1/3 chance of getting a rez if they're even around. Ditto on someone to repair me. :(

On VS, if you die in a similar size fight the map is often pretty much covered in Medic symbols. We often have to literally race one (or two) Medics to get the rez off first. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them would cert Adrenaline pump if it was an option for the class, haha.

Stop spamming HA/LA/Inf so much. Practically everything else but those is a force multiplier in some way, and Medic doesn't even have a resource cost/cooldown like a Prowler does.
  13. Syrathin

I have NC characters on Briggs, Connery and Waterson. And the quick and dirty breakdown goes...

Briggs: NC here are pretty good to be honest, Except there's hardly ever any NC there or TR or VS for that matter. There a short window each day when the server isn't a ghost town and you can get into a good fight. The rest of the time you might as well be playing a typical shooter since your at a base fighting 6 vs 6.

Connery: I don't think Connery NC are terrible, It's more of a wrong time, wrong place thing. We tend to overload an area with massive numbers when they aren't needed. I've seen a lot of 48+ vs 12-24 (70/30% zone population) when looking at the map, Usually waiting for the area to flip over while we're losing 3-4 nearby zones. That and I've seen too many foot zergs try to go up against vehicle zergs, Rather than redeploying to a larger outpost to get tanks to combat tanks they either run at them or jump into harassers, Lots of (1/3) harassers.

Waterson: My only issue with the NC here is the insane amounts of friendly fire, You'd be better off running at the enemy backwards since the real threat is behind you.
    • Up x 1
  14. KenDelta

My experience playing VS on Connery in a nutshell :
    VS - organized army
    NC - bunch of rebels(SOMETIMES they have a more superior organized force than the VS)
    TR - bunch of dudes raiding bases? TR basically lacks a chain of command and actual cooperation? maybe even awareness at some point?and global Pop isn't that much of a problem if you're fighting in a cont with 33-33-33.
  15. ZipIce

I am ashamed to be TR most of the time. Will drop for VS popularity.
    • Up x 1
  16. MiZrY

I'm willing to bet TR/VS mainly focused on fighting the NC. That seems to be they way it goes during alerts the times I play. The NC may have over pop advantage at times, but be outnumbered at every single fight. Lately though the VS seem to be the over pop faction after primetime, which is when I usually play.

The NC seem to just be giving up on even doing alerts lately as well, like I said I usually play just after prime time and VS usually (not all the time) has over pop and just steam rolls everything. I don't blame people for not wanting to fight something like that.

I'm not trying to make excuses, as the NC can do some rather derpish things on Connery. It just is what it is.
    • Up x 1
  17. Degenatron

What I want to know is where did this NC phobia for entering biolabs come from? Why is it that every time we "attack" a biolab, we all just end up standing on the launchpad shooting into the door? Or you'll have a dozen people in the teleport room, just waiting. I just don't get it. At what point do people start thinking, "if I just stay here and keep shooting at them, eventually they'll go away!"

Inevitably the enemy (usually VS) flank, blow the AMSs, and recap the satellite bases and we begin our painful march backwards across the continent. Andvari acts as a roadblock to the southern half of of Esamir and Mani blocks the East. We simply WON'T capture these bases.

I don't know what we have to do to get people moving into the base, but we need to figure it out.

And at least the TR have [EXE] which makes me think "awww crap" every time I start seeing their tags pop up. We don't have any Outfits that can stand against EXE or FCRW.
    • Up x 1
  18. Outlier

Don't despair Lepalose. I know it's frustrating to lose Alert after Alert, but you've got to ask yourself what you're fighting for: a pool of 50-60 certs split among the empires, or the prestige of winning.

If you fight for the certs, you know as well as I that you'll get far more fighting the big fights and farming opponents than you'd ever get from winning the alert. I'd argue that, from a purely cert-gain perspective, that most of the TR are acting in their own best interest when they run off without a plan to the nearest, largest fight, alert objectives be damned. Without additional incentives for participating in alerts (or penalties for not doing so) I can't really fault these guys for doing what benefits them the most.

If you fight for the prestige, well, you can't disregard the population imbalances on Connery right now. With the exception of weekend prime times it's rare to see TR pop break 30%. Multi-continent alerts further exacerbate the issue where the overpopulated faction is not restricted by continent population caps and steamrolls all over everything. I agree that TR could perform better overall during the alerts, but you can't deny that any faction with a >10% pop advantage is likely going to win.

I agree with your assessment that losing alerts can cause a circular, downward spiral where a faction loses more and more often due to lower and lower population stemming from lack of morale. However, we've both been around long enough to have seen this pattern repeat itself many times over for every faction. Whether it's because of warpgate position, or some new weapon or ability, there have always been fluctuations in the "flavor of the month" empire.

VS are FOTM right now, so be it. TR could be in a worse position, we could have the pop of the NC and STILL lose most of the alerts. NC leadership has got to be even more frustrated than we are with the current situation. As I said before, don't despair, GU12 comes out this week, supposedly with some measures to counteract population disparities. Ideally we'll also get a warpgate rotation and get out of the rough corners on Indar and Amerish. Whatever happens, Auraxis will keep on spinning.
    • Up x 1
  19. Aethestis

Connery TR isnt going to get better, they will quit or move to VS, thats whats happening on many servers. People who ARE skilled get tired of losing as the underdog constantly and switch. The ones who dont are A)Stubborn B) have spent too much money/time on a character at this point to switch.

It's not all population, no, but the population isnt helping the issue. When one faction has so a large advantage it can make a problem even bigger.

All I see lately when fighting VS are either nearly max rank BR or below 25 BR, meaning they are getting a lot of re rolls , probably from other factions. These people re roll vs then proceed to trash talk at every oppurtunity about how good they are, when much of the time, its not them being skilled so much as, people on their team carrying them.

Many connery VS by and large project a toxic "we think we are bad ***" type feeling, which further encourages me not to bother. Hate tells, being harassed for being outmanned and being called skill less, etc etc. I regularly see VS attributing their losses to population when in fact their population on the given continent and almost ALWAYS global pop, is higher than TR at every turn. VS always blame the "striker" and "fractures" for losses, they never get outplayed, never oh never. Its always because TR has some cheater toy they dont have. Its a complete joke, i dont even want to get into a weapon balance debate here, but seriously, its always an excuse for the loss and a trash talk for the win.

These contribute to the fact that the TR simply dont participate in alerts like they used to more than I think people realize. I am not saying all factions dont have their fair share of trolls, sometimes i get fed up with it and give a /y to goad people into being trolled, but really, i see nc players saying things like "you guys are fun to fight" and having friendly convos with nc players I kill or get in grudge matches with. Why would i fight the toxic hate ragers when I can fight the guys who give you a "gg" and such when you are fighting them? I feel a sense of friendly competition with the NC on connery, I see regular names and remember tactics. Fighting VS gets me the opposite.

Its annoying enough to be outmanned or lose, even if you got outplayed but being harassed by the sore winners afterward is not demoralizing so much as its annoying. I dont pay money or spend my time playing a game to be harassed, yet I am almost daily.

If I only have VS to fight on the map, I usually log out because i dont feel like being outnumbered 3 to 1 by medics and then being trash talked over it. Im only one player, my friends all quit already, leaving me with no one to gun for me, no one to fly planes for me, no one to hop in a harasser with. I dont feel like joining a massve outfit so community, even on the enemy team is important to me as a player, Connery VS arent offering it.
    • Up x 2
  20. NUKABAZOOKA

Future Crew loves you all, we really do.

On a side note, do not forget you lost players with the opening of Chinese servers, as you had a larger number making up the bulk of your TR/NC ranks than VS.
    • Up x 1