GU 12 coming this week.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cowabunga, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Cowabunga

2. vanu123

finally i felt ive been waiting forever
  3. bodmans

Hmmmk..., but amerish lettuce? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    • Up x 2
  4. ent|ty

• Up x 1
  5. rayvon

What a whiney little ***** you are eh.
    • Up x 16
  6. Cowabunga

Why do you think that the "officials" don't put news like this on their own forums. It's filled with Idiots, like the guy you quoted, whom do nothing but roam around, ******** and whining, adding 0 to progress the game. :)
    • Up x 12
  7. RomulusX

Can someone copy/paste those...Twitter is blocked at work :<
  8. krayons

ESF changes in this patch?
  9. Cowabunga

Next one afaik.
  10. Cowabunga

@Bucketnate yep, GU12 should be released this week, it has some stuff to help even pop balance, alert timing tuning, amerish lattice & more!

There you go :)
    • Up x 4
  11. Boomotang

@Bucketnate yep, GU12 should be released this week, it has some stuff to help even pop balance, alert timing tuning, amerish lattice & more!
    • Up x 2
  12. Ash87

So from what I'm getting from this:

Alert timing: reducing the number of alerts (Finally) so that you don't get so bloody many alerts happening.

Reducing the pop inbalance: This one I don't know. They have said that their intent was to update the recommended server more often, based on faction instead of overall server pop. I am betting we'll get that at some point, but people have kind of unanimously agreed that something more drastic needs to be done in the short term to fix Mattherson and Waterson's VS populations. Special mention goes to Test for deciding that they shouldn't contribute to fixing that problem.

Amerish Lattice: This one was totally unexpected. I thought the Amerish lattice would get the same treatment as Indar and Esamir, but instead, it looks like we're getting fundamentally different capture mechanics for each continent. Indar is indar, Esamir is dome shields and tighter bases, and Amerish is a largely unaltered lattice... unless they have just been keeping the Amerish map changes a total secret, and what we're about to see underwent no exposure this whole time. We'll see in a few days I suppose.

So now we get to: What is "And More"

So, we know of a few things coming down the pipe: ESF changes, Esamir Lattice. If they are pushing the Amerish lattice up to this GU, then I think we can expect the Esamir lattice to be GU13... just because, wow... that would be a frakking massive download if it had BOTH Lattices in it. The ESF update I wouldn't be shocked if it was in this Update, but then it could be pushed back to late in the month as well. We'll just have to see.

There really isn't anything else on the roadmap that I would say is notable for July. Implants maybe, but the reaction to those was largely negative, so I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back to the drawing board. Then we have No deploy zones, which I think will be snuck into the game, because frankly while plenty of the contirbutors I've read, who know what they are talking about say that the No deploy zones are a good idea, and implementing them conservatively could help some situations, people are still going to react negatively to them... because reasons.
    • Up x 1
  13. MrIDoK

Nate Harris @Bucketnate 10h
    @mhigby can we expect the delay GU this week?

Matthew Higby @mhigby

There you go :)
    • Up x 2
  14. Eclipson

Why don't they, you know, put some of these changes on the PTS so we can test it before it goes live? Right now we just have a Broken Esimir to test.
  15. krayons

So how are they fixing the pop issue? Mattherson VS pop is out of control.
    • Up x 1
  16. Caserion

I'm hoping the NS SMG and the black/grey camo!
  17. RomulusX

18. CrimsonDaemon

Cut that out. You need to think more unreasonable and abstract than that.
  19. Pikachu

You're the only one excited for it. :p I would be more excited for an NS sniper rifle even though I never play infiltrator.

Lattice for Amerish? I thought Esamir with it's base updates were to come first. :(

I hope to see tile camo, infantry lumifiber and new tank barrels.
  20. kennonfodder

ahahah...+1 for the laugh :D