Harrassers are balanced.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jeslis, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Jeslis

I hit 2 of my 3 AP rounds
    My gunner hit 2 or 3 of the 6 in the Saron, reloaded, and was unloading the next clip when we died.
    • Up x 1
  2. Jeslis

I had a gunner, please read more of the thread then the original post before replying. Thank you.
    • Up x 2
  3. Jex =TE=

oh dear...I do hope you're being facetious?

They're WW2 airplanes. The B-17 is a bomber that has a 10 man crew. The BF-109 is a fighter plane with a 1 man crew. In your logic, the B17 should win all the time but doesn't. In fact, one v one it'll lose most times.
    • Up x 1
  4. LoneMaverick

This really doesn't sound right, I mainly drive a Harasser when I log on to PS2 nowadays simply because its enjoyable.

If I have a 2/2 MBT target me, the last thing I think about doing is sticking around and waiting for him to shoot me, with his secondary, let alone his main gun.

Enforcers rip through Harassers, as do Sarons and Vulcans.(at their range..lolololol)

I have a feeling you missed ALOT more rounds than you're stating, that or you were at 50% health before you even decided to start shooting.

This sounds like a case of CryAboutWhatKilledMeSide2 than anything else, you drive a fully certed Harasser into the rear of a 2/2 MBT and see how long you last...btw, its not long.
    • Up x 1
  5. Lamat

Wish there was a harrasser specialized rocket launcher or armor piercing machine gun that infantry could use to counter harrassers. You really need something with high velocity, medium damage, and reasonably high rate of fire to really counter harrassers effectively. Unfortunately that kind of weapon also would tear up infanty.

I do manage to kill harrassers with my HE lightning though. I imagine since they are somewhat vulnerable to small arms fire that the indirect damage stacks with the direct hit like with infantry. the key is to never let them get behind you (whicj isnt easy) and many harrasser drivers freak out when you charge straight at them (as long as you make at least one solid shot on them during the charge) this will often give you a shot at their rear and the gunner cant seem to hit anything well when the harrasser starts maneuvering. This same tactic often works on other lightning drivers, but every once and a while you run into an ap lightning, this adds to the excitement.
    • Up x 1
  6. Weirdkitten

Try small arms. It works surprisingly well.
  7. DreamlessLiberty

You can achieve a higher cert gain in a harasser than you can in a MBT and they cost less making them imbalanced.
    • Up x 1
  8. CaptainYamerica

I'll agree to this. I adore the Harasser. It's my favorite, and i think most fun, vehicle in the game. That being said, last night I was on a bulldog in a Sundy. I hit one with 9-8 rounds (granted not all were direct hits) while 2 of my squad mates were hitting it with small arms fire and a third with rockets. It was 2/3 and did not have an engi in the back seat... It managed to survive. this just should not be.
    • Up x 4
  9. hostilechild

Hmm perfectly balanced. Only in the fact they can go about anywhere, jump over buildings, mountains etc. drive circles around anything out there while shooting with amazing accuracy (at least more than a few people can) and not flip over :cool:

When a vehicle can drive through a heavily fortified column of infantry and vehicles raining terror and get away, something is wrong. More than once the other night with fully certed harasser (comp/turbo/racer etc) i could drive into major fire fights running people over as the second man lit up anything in site and the engi in the back repaired. Run behind cover and finish repair and repeat. The end to this 15minute rampage was a group of strikers clipping through a rock bigger than buildings to destroy it.

They are just harder than hell to hit. (Now if most infantry understood that their gun has a much better chance than rockets to hit me, it might be different). They can also outrun a phoenix (but then so can a crippled old man).

We no longer get a call pull MBTs, no its grab a bunch of harasser.

They are dam good at their namesake HARASSING.

The only thing i would change however is their top speed. They are a 3 man vehicle after all and should own a lightning/atv and in right circumstance MBTs. They should however not be near impossible to hit (speed maneuverability are amazing).

Most fun vehicle ever created to drive!! or gun for that matter.
    • Up x 1
  10. StuntPoteten

Not only are they balanced, they are also fun to drive and gun. A very worthwhile vehicle. It is what the MBTs should have been from the start. Dedicated driver, dedicated gunner and fun to use. They only become ridiculous if you view them as dune buggy vs main battle tank. As an option in a videogame, harassers are balanced.

Lock-on tracking could need a slight buff though, and some of the weaponry on the harasser could need some adjustments. You could maybe remove some of the hitpoints from the composite line over to the base vehicle frame, so that the other options become more viable.
  11. Shoza Nakh

Never met Harasser capable of destroying my 2/2 Vanguard one by one. After all 2 engineers can out repair Harasser's damage. But yes, Harasser isn't balanced right now, just too durable, can live under heavy fire for bit to long.
    • Up x 3
  12. Zenanii

And wha does real life has to do with planetside? In your example, an aicraft designated to fight ground targets loses to a aircraft designated to fight aircraft. In the same vein, I am fairly sure a 1/1 skyguard would win against a 5/12 galaxy.

From a gameplay perspective (realism makes for a very poor argument, immersion should always come second hade to acctual gameplay), would you kindly explain to me why a lone player, using a hybrid weapon (HEAT) should Win over two other players using designated AV weaponry? Both sides have invested rescources and they both have a timer for their vehicle.
  13. Puppy

Harassers > Tanks
    Open land is a Harassers weakest area... And your claiming it's the strongest... So yup.. I don't know what to say.
  14. Pincho

I'd say that the fury is seriously OP. It's super fast, has very decent range and will 1-shot anything, even with flak armor. It can even damage ESFs and Libs decently. Why was the bulldog nerfed and not the fury?
  15. Jex =TE=

Hey you're the one that said a vehicle with more people in it should win over one that had less.

16. Paramecium

The problem with harassers is that they fear nothing. You can drive a harasser straight through the gates of hell and get back out as many times as you please.

Something has to be able to hunt a harasser. Don't say lib because we all know libs aren't viable in large battles like harassers are.

If something to hunt the harasser isn't possible to balance then the harasser needs to be nerfed so that there is larger margin for error to driving it and a higher skill cap to the weapon platform. When you can jump in a harasser with any random pub and get 40k+ sph, something is unbalanced.
    • Up x 1
  17. Zenanii

I was talking about a specific situation where two ground vehicles with comparable price and cooldown, both with equipment designated to take out armor, and how it's fine for a dual crew vehicle to out-do a vehicle with only one man inside.
    What point are you trying to make?
  18. Andy79

I think lightnings should be able to stand up vs a harrasser, yes its a 1 vs a 2 (3) person vehicle, but the ressource investment is similar and the lightning is not as maneuverable as a harrasser

so instead of nerfing the harrasser, I think the lightning should get a boost (a bit better armor and higher projectile speed or faster reload)
    • Up x 3
  19. LameFox

Depending on how close behind you it is, run it over. They're tougher than a flash but they are still light vehicles and being hit by heavy armour hurts.

Also, the default launcher and the ground-homing launcher should both work for close to mid range (much beyond that and like with tanks, they should put terrain in the way). Just don't end up that one guy all vehicle crews must surely laugh at who sees you coming, stands out in the open firing a rocket, and gets shot to bits easily as a result.

Another thing, as much as I would prefer not to point it out, is mines. Sure they're big and obvious to slow moving vehicles and half the tanks/sunderers probably carry mineguard, but harassers will need to drive very fast if there are a lot of enemies around, and they'll either be wearing composite armour or very very vulnerable to all sorts of incoming fire. So long as it's not in a herp-derp spot everyone expects a mine, a speeding harasser is probably the least likely ground vehicle to see one and/or be able to stop in time. This is of course pre-emptive though, so the rocket launchers have their place, and no doubt some MAX AV weapons work for it as well (just not slow moving junk like the TR AV 'nade guns).
  20. LameFox

Lightnings have needed... something... for a while now IMO. But I think they must realize this, and just haven't got around to making lightning-specific changes yet (as opposed to the generic vehicle survivability thing).
    • Up x 3