Dealing with Harassers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by P4NJ, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Regpuppy

Here's hoping they don't overdo it. Because currently a harasser without composite armor isn't that bad. It's the composite harasser with 61% armor value from all directions with the ability to repair and turbo boost that's imbalanced. It should not take 4-5 hits from a tank's AP/Heat gun or 4 hits from a decimater to kill something that can easily escape and self repair on the move.
    • Up x 2
  2. Fox Reinhold

The Harasser is about the size of my Honda Civic but less enclosed. I have this sneaking suspicion that my Honda Civic cannot ram a 50 ton tank at 100 kph and then take an Armor Piercing round to the front and still get away.
    • Up x 1
  3. NC_agent00kevin

Here is a classic example of someone who knows their precious new toy is imbalanced and jumps in every thread to insult anyone who dares to complain about it. This is a very common occurance on these forums, across all factions.

1. Not all the factions have access to Strikers or Lancers

2. Harasser vs Harsser is like having one of your guys go sniper to counter the sniper - its a 50/50 shot and not a hard counter. You also cant magically morph your Lightning into a Harasser.

3. Daltons can actually be considered a hard counter - but again, there has to be one nearby to even be a viable answer. Hitting one is not exactly an easy task - even if the gunner is decent and the driver is slightly below average.

4. AP Lightning - No. The Harasser retreats and the Lightning cannot effectively catch it. There are localized areas where a decent Lightning driver can take out a Harasser simply because there is nothing to break the LOS with such as some areas of norther Indar and areas on Esamir.

5. Multiple SAF yeah right. Harasser slaughters Infantry - I know because I gun for Harasser drivers pretty often. Small arms fire is a joke. If you dont massacre the Infantry it is quite easy to escape and repair very quickly. If there are only a couple enemies then the engineer can easily outrepair the damage done.

6. Maxes are sitting ducks to Harassers. An AV Max only stands a chance if the Harsser cannot break LOS - and Im not sure about TR or VS Max weapons, but our AV Max guns are not effective against fast targets - no matter how good you think you are.

One thing this post is good for is it made me consider a few more details. Perhaps a durability nerf to the HP or armor is not the answer, but slightly increased multipliers for damage done by tank weapons...?
    • Up x 1
  4. Dvine

As soon as an ESF is a 3/3 veichle with an exposed rumble seat and one equippable weapon I for one would be fine with it. In reality ESF's have a rotary and A2A or A2G and free "turbo".

Apples to oranges mate!
  5. Xasapis

The harasser is as much a 3/3 vehicle as the liberator is, ie it's not. Gunner drops to position 3 to repair, then back to safety of 2 if in trouble.
    • Up x 1
  6. Dvine

Wow! That is your argument? :D

Really?

I think forum discussions just hit a new low thanks to you!

Holy bovine excrement..
  7. MFP_TK_02

Says the guy who provided absolutely nothing to the thread with the quoted statement above.
  8. mpal

This. It honestly takes 2 heavies with lock ons and the harasser gets molested. They are cheap, use them.

Tankers in this thread, think about what you did wrong rather than whining about how OP the harasser is. Yes harassers are a little too strong against infantry, but against vehicles they are pretty balanced. A good 2/2 ap mbt will beat a good 2/3 ap harasser crew under 90% of conditions. This occurs because the good 2/2 ap mbt has situation awareness (you will never hit their rear armor) and they hit their shots. They also chase the harasser. Too many tank crews are content sitting next to a rock and letting the harasser burn away.

More than half of the mbt tanks I've killed on mpalopotamus were 1/2 or HE 2/2. We were also able to shoot their rear because no one had situational awareness. We've killed whole tank columns because no one turned their tank around until we got at least 2 shots in the rear. I'd say we run across an AP lightning that can aim worth a damn maybe once every blue moon. I don't even tank that much on my VS and Ive killed or seriously contributed to the deaths of many, many harassers with an ap lightning.

If you decrease the armor, harassers will be nothing more than glorified vehicle snipers. Literally one ap round hitting it will make them run away. A 1/2 AP mbt will beat a 2/3 AP harasser. If you decrease the speed, racer lightnings + racer mbts will out run harassers.

The issue here, imo, is that there needs to be some sort of turret stabilization on the mbt/lightning turret while you're on the move.

Good pilots destroy harassers, even vulcan harassers, because they dont fly insanely low.
    • Up x 2
  9. Dvine

I think you kinda dodged the whole "ESF" part of the argument and started to talk about Libs that were not the subject at all instead of what I was reflecting on.
  10. NikkoJT

Can you really? I tried to do that the other day and I couldn't aim far enough around to get a lock.
  11. Zorro

It is possible, one has to aim at the rear corners of the fenders.
  12. Flying Mug

What lock on? The Hades will fail to hit under most conditions.

I certed the stupid thing specifically to shoot Harassers and it only works if the driver is trying to run me over or completely stationary.
  13. Fned

The difference being, that reparing Harrassers from the rumble seat was specifically mentioned in patch notes as a feature.
  14. Xasapis

I know. That's why I didn't say it was an exploit, but rather I said that this was an exception, one that shouldn't have been possible.
    • Up x 1
  15. Xasapis

The ESF part of the argument is to demonstrate how a very fast vehicle can become extremely hard to kill (well beyond what somebody would consider balanced) by allowing engineer type repair speed on the move.
  16. Vaphell

not the first idiotic idea, not the last.
    on Esamir harassers are 10x more dangerous than tanks and they don't even have to shoot, they just drive in circles and run over people. I bet people exploiting the **** out of them are laughing their ***** off but balanced these vehicles are not and need a nerf.
  17. Fned

People don't get how easy it is to shoot that engy in the back.
  18. Cinnamon

Interesting to hear that MBT are considered a counter to Harrassers. In practice AV Harrassers are just superior to MBT if 1/2 and probably better than a 2/2 MBT in many circumstances where survivability is better than raw damage (ie almost all circumstances). The best counter to a harrasser is probably another harrasser although lockon launchers are great with some terrain. Skyguard is OK as are other fast tracking weapons. They are like ESF in many ways.

Maybe at the moment they are too fun and need to be nerfed? Eeeeh.
    • Up x 1
  19. mpal

We get hit by hades' all the time, get a better position?

Skyguard is not good against harassers, unless you have more than 2 and the harasser is right next to your group. AP 2/2 mbts are a counter to harassers, you just need to not suck.
  20. vanu123

Nerf Vulcan and Marauder :p