Dealing with Harassers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by P4NJ, Jul 2, 2013.

1. GraphicJ

How to deal with Harassers: Report them for Harassment.
    • Up x 5
  2. DukeFlash

You assume the are other things going on. Too frequently the Harasser is the only thing "going on",
    especially in a defense of a Sunderer while pub scrubs just stare at the sky & pick flowers.

Certainly, in a chaotic battlefield, I don't expect everyone to shoot at the Harasser... unless they're not doing anything then YES they had sure as hell shoot at it. I'm a determined enough HA to keep a Harasser at bay myself, usually, and could reliably kill them with the help of just one more guy.
  3. Xasapis

I'm saying that the ability to repair the flash on the move is pointless, since anybody can kill it by sneezing on it. On the other hand, you have the harasser ...

Lets put it this way. Lets give ESFs the ability to be repaired on the move. And I don't mean nano repair, I mean the engineer to swap his tool and do it. Do you find this reasonable? Or do you think it'll make the vehicle more survivable than a liberator?
    • Up x 4
  4. MFP_TK_02

Or even better is to make the 3rd seat of a lib an external seat for the same thing, allowing the lib to just stay in that airspace forever. Or what if the 2 player in a MBT could repair on the move. Or any of the passengers not manning a turret in a sunderer?
  5. Kociboss

Shoot them while they are preoccupied or pod them from appropriate angle, just like in my video :)

6. zib1911

I hear your frustration, but you said the harasser has too much firepower and too much survivability, but nerfing the firepower is a band-aid? How does that make any sense. I agree the harassers are a little strong now, but your just spouting BS man. Its not really a band-aid if its a choice you don't want, I would rather have more survivabilty because it is a TRANSPORT vehicle. Its being used like a tank but a damage nerf will fix that.

So no the nerf is not a band aid fix, it is a perfectly fine fix, might need tweaking but a good fix none the less.
  7. Zorro

It is not a transport, it holds only three people (two of whom operate the vehicle). Rather, it is a buggy designed to harass the enemy (heavy cavalry). If larger buggies come out with more passenger capacity, then those would be transports, but not the Harasser.
    • Up x 1
  8. P4NJ

Wow, just wow. I make a topic with my experiences of using the Harasser and fighting against it to help people who are obviously having problems with dealing with that vehicle, and it is turned into a flame war about Harasser being OP with precious few valid arguments. Seems that this forum is no place for constructive threads; it's all just whining after all.

Yes, eventually SOE is going to fight this battle for you and the harasser is going to get nerfed, because god forbid a vehicle takes a shred of common sense to deal with. Same thing has happened many times before, with the Libs, ESFs, ZOE [after the bugfix with strafing], Scattmax... nerfed because people refused to use their brains to fight them, instead of listening to people who manage to fight them and taking some ideas and advice from them or just applying common sense.

Well, since all of you obviously disregarded the opening post of my topic, well, have fun getting farmed until SOE decides to "fix" the harasser. I know a lot of people who will appreciate your contribution to their killboards. And please, continue to whine: if you whine enough in this topic, perhaps you'll actually be good for something and bump this topic up so newbies who actually want to listen to reason find some help and don't get farmed.

Well, I won't dignify any of the trolling in this topic with replies anymore, see ya on the battlefield guys!
  9. Phrygen

I just got dumped on so hard by a harasser crew with halbred. Came up on me at a reload station in my own territory from behind, got first rear shot on me, and i couldn't do anything but circle around the tower trying to avoid it hitting my rear while it had a perfect circling fire angle on me :( I got three hits on the thing but it certainly wasn't enough.

Indeed it sucked but the harasser had the better situation. An AP lightning would never have been able to do that to me though. What made it worse is i was out of tank resources. bailed from the tank, found some cover and logged. At least my laundry is getting done
    • Up x 2
  10. MFP_TK_02

What do you yell when you Q one?
  11. MFP_TK_02

Your PSA was total crap anyways so don't worry about it too much.
    • Up x 1
  12. Xasapis

What do you yell when you Q a sunderer?
    • Up x 2
  13. MFP_TK_02

The same thing when you Q a Harasser. Thanks, now the other guy knows the answer.
  14. Zorro

Obviously recycled, then. Spotting messages are not very accurate anyway; it says when spotting a main battle tank that it is a "heavy tank."
  15. joe smo

so what your telling us is that we need 2 or more fully maned TANKS to deal with one 2/3 buggy?
    sounds balanced to me...
    • Up x 2
  16. MFP_TK_02

And tanks do tend to be heavy.

The point is that the Harasser is a transport and was always intended as one from day one. If you recall, it didn't receive MBT secondaries until after its release. Taken straight from the wiki:
    And I must say it works well in that role too. Pull in to a base quickly, I go drop a beacon, another guy goes flip the point, guy three flips some monitors, I and guy three lay some mines while guy 2 hangs on over watch. We flip the outpost and we're out of there. Tactical insertion and squad transit baby.
  17. Ender

Lets see, Strikers = Dead Harassers, Lancers = Dead Harassers, Halberd Harasser = Dead Harassers, Dalton = Dead Harassers, AP Python Lightning = Dead Harassers, Multiple Small Arms Fire = Dead Harassers, Comets/Fractures (not sure on NC MAX AP) = Dead Harassers. Durable? Max Composite on a harasser is a necessity because you will get straight up obliterated if you don't have it.

If the average player would use even 3 brain cells most harasser teams would get frustrated quite quickly. Small arms fire hurts, AP rounds travel fast, and any Dalton gunner worth his weight is IWin vs. Harassers. Since every harasser runs composite, get your lockons out and say goodnight. Any random shot that harasser takes before your lockon hits screws his chances to get away. Stop talking about why something is or is not OP and start coming up ideas/methods that get the next FotM called OP. Boggles my mind how much people talk when that time can be spent coming up with ways to defeat whatever they're talking about. Teamwork is OP, nerf!
    • Up x 1
  18. GhostAvatar

As a Harasser driver, I can confirm all of the above will make me retreat and find a new place to try and farm, that is if I survive the first strike.

Tank mines will just outright kill a Harasser. Due to its speed and handling it is hard to avoid them even when spotted, so don't worry about them being oversized pizza boxes.

Unless a MBT is smoking, one of these will make me do a 180 and retreat. If it is a AP and manned on the secondary there is a good chance I will die in the retreat. Thats of course unless I encounter one from behind, then I will normally take a cheeky run at them and scoot off. So be away of you weak spot in tanks.

Sundies are one of the most underused and easiest to kill because no one mans them. 9 times out of 10 Basilisk fire will be perceived and nothing more than small arms fire, until the drive notices the higher than normal damage taken. By that time, unless there is safe cover very close by to break line of fire, it is normally too late.

As for small arms fire, it all adds up. Especially when someone hits with a dumb fire rocket launcher. Given that it takes the HA a few seconds to switch to rockets while you guys are firing, it normally takes it from acceptable damage levels to ohhh ****, ohhh ****, we are in the red, get out of here. I had this happen only last night. While I was retreating with serious damage and thought I was almost in the clear, the Harasser was destroyed by a sniper.. a freaking SNIPER with a bolt action can take down a Harasser.
  19. NC_agent00kevin

Im a pretty damn good player and deal with Harassers fairly often. They do like to find errant groups of Infantry or lone tanks - but you cant always be in a group with an MBT nearby.

I took on on while riding a flash with a Kobalt once. He was actually getting worried; I could tell be how the battle kept getting more and more frantic. Obviously, I was worried too - I was on a Flash. With a Kobalt.

Anyway, he couldnt run away and auto repair because I was also riding a fast vehicle. And I was using ti to my advantage; dodging whatever the **** he was shooting at me. Finally he started trying to ram me, and we had worked out way into a narrow ravine/road. Being a LA I jumped off and tried to C4 him, but failed - he was quick enough to move.

Honestly, in a Flash was easier to fight a Harasser than a Lightning. They simply drive away and repair while they do it, also repairing while the battle is going on. It simply gives a fast and maneuverable vehicle such as that too much durability. It is very clearly out of balance.

I dont care about weapon damage; Ill take on a Magrider or Prowler with an AP Lightning and win many of those. (mostly vs Magriders; I have some special tactics for fighting those that dont work on Prowlers)

The problem is the durability - its a very basic game balance issue: speed/agility always sacrifices durability and/or offensive power. Any other game you can name will have this very basic balance present. It is so very basic that I am astounded that SOE still couldnt get it right at release - and that some people still try to defend it.

Qualifying something as being 'OP' (I like the term imbalanced better) doesnt have to entail it utterly breaking the game and completely dominating everything on the map - there are degrees of balance, and the Harasser is simply not properly balanced.
    • Up x 2
  20. MorganM

Harasser is OP flavor of the month. Enjoy it while it lasts guys. It will obviously get nerfed.

I love my harasser but there's no denying it guys... you can defend it all you want on the forums... won't matter... it will get nerfed. We can only hope it doesn't turn into a Flash by the time they are done with it =P