Gulp. I made another nanoweave thread, with video!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Mustarde, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Mustarde

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...eave-vs-basrs-with-evidence-and-logic.137287/

Hey guys. Please visit here, and watch the video and discuss. I got tired of typing the same arguments over and over to the same people... so this presents the issue with in-game footage, commentary and some suggestions to resolve the issue.

I would appreciate your support, the general forums, while a larger audience, is a shark tank full of wild blood-lusted piranhas.

M
    • Up x 5
  2. Dr. Euthanasia

I actually find that the general forums are more agreeable towards ideas that benefit this class than the Infiltrator subforum itself. Case in point: when I took a poll regarding vehicle hacking from here and put it on Gameplay Discussion, over 75% of the players who voted could agree that the Infiltrator needs a vehicle hacking ability (without any specifics on what it did or how). The same poll here died sooner and received much stronger opposition to the idea.

Also, I'm obligated to point out that polls are apparently illegal on these forums and cause for a thread to be locked.
  3. Astraka

I found that strange myself. You could say that the Infiltrators here are much more aware of the potential ramifications of adding different things to the class, but it's still weird.
  4. DrTeeth

Nice video Mustarde. I don't like your suggestion of the headshot multiplier though. The proper solution is to make the damage drop-off 600 @200m instead of 550 @100m. That would give OSKs out to ~140m against NW5 which would be fair. They need to get rid of the damage drop-off modifier for suppressors, and buff the semi-snipers (remember those?) in some way also.
  5. Vaphell

I agree that stretching out the damage curve is probably nicer solution as it doesn't introduce unnecessary exceptions to the game rules, makes 2-bodyshotting in most combat scenarios a viable albeit suboptimal choice, while HS multiplier would solve only headshots.
  6. Hoki

I watched and liked but there is no point appealing to the playerbase, all infantry OHK is now a political issue.

If you can't OHK headshot from range, people posture and defend NW by saying to come closer.

If you come much MUCH closer and OHK with C4 or shotgun, those same people whine and complain about being OHK.

The simple truth is that the noisy people on forumside do not want to die at all, and if BAHS aren't OHK at range, all the better for them.
  7. Halvorana

They should just make it skill based. If the target is moving then you can OHK, if the target is not moving you should not be rewarded for just getting lucky and finding the guy that is not moving and get a OHK... does that make physical sense... no... nothing does in this game.

I spent 1000 certs on N5... OHK from max range by an opportunistic camper?... no thanks.

I'm serious about the moving/not moving thing tho... would further separate the bads from the goods... what this game needs more of.
  8. Get2dachoppa

Totally disagree.

You're basically saying that the sniper shouldn't be rewarded with a OHK headshot because you made the mistake of getting lazy or careless. You made yourself a sitting duck target and paid the price for it. Why should you be rewarded for making a mistake and the sniper be punished for making an accurate, precise shot?

So what if NW5 cost you 1000 certs? My Parallax cost 1000 certs too.

Moving/not moving does separate the bads from the goods. The good players keep moving and make themselves difficult to hit. The bad players stand still and get headshot.
    • Up x 1
  9. Wayfar

I still think, to start they should meet in the middle and give points for sniper rifle headshots, regardless of a kill because of the mechanics of nanoweave and damage dropoff aren't going to be changed any time soon... :p
  10. Rudmed

I'll support ya', but I think this might be an uphill battle, like Hoki said, "It's a political issue."

Personally, I've been OHK by non-head shots in other games so I really don't have a problem with HS killing me. In this game, it would take a darn good shot to do so (or at least that is what I like to imagine when I'm being a LEET player.)
  11. LibertyRevolution

No thanks, we prefer to not get OHK by some guy 150m out that is cloaked and we don't even know is there.
    It is a team game, you took off a good chunk that guys HP, so let your team finish him off, you will get the assist.
    If your team is not around, and your alone plinking at dudes, then your useless to your faction and I'm happy you don't get a kill.
  12. Aimeryan

I agree - it only makes sense if it is a LA swooping down from above. Or a heavy rounding the corner. Or a MAX walking into the room. Or an engineer waiting with a MANA turrets as you round the corner. Or a medic... healing his friends from around the corner as they kill you. Just, not an infiltrator.

Hell, no one should be able to do any damage to people from behind - it is just unfair! I mean, the TTK in this game is so small you'll likely not even have time to blink before you are dead. Everyone should have to agree to be damaged by the other; that way we know each other is there and it is fair.

Actually, that wouldn't be a team game... hmm. Maybe, you can only damage people to half health and only someone else can kill that person. That would be a team game then.
    • Up x 1
  13. Arkos

Ah, so jetpacking down from above and one-shotting someone is perfectly alright? I'd prefer the OHK where i know the other guy was good enough to hit my head from long range and that I made a mistake which led to the kill, either standing still or moving too predictably. I'd rather not take the walk around the corner into the guy with the PA who has to pull his trigger once without hardly aiming.

So, basically, one of the four primary weapon choices that infiltrators have is useless outside of potting assists...yep sounds fair. Nevermind that getting headshots requires more skill than the other OHKs in this game...accounting for bullet drop, aiming for a spot that's what? maybe a sixth of the targets total mass?

And even the threat of OHKs is actually a team oriented aspect of the class. If you know that there is a distinct possibility of there being a sniper behind you, who can OHK you and will do so given the opportunity, you will spend time and effort attempting to avoid that. this decreases the time and effort you can put to killing said sniper's team mates. If you fail to make this reduction of effort, the sniper will kill you, assisting his team even more by putting one of his enemies temporarily out of action. Therefore, allowing for effective sniping actually increases the teamwork aspects of the game, especially if the enemy begins to coordinate and send people to try to find enemy snipers.
  14. LibertyRevolution

Most other infantry classes focus fire on targets and take them out together...
    The only way any other class is going to OHK you is if they are using a pump shotgun and are <5m.

So yes, I really do feel that snipers should not be able to sit 150m out and 1 shot people in this game.

If my carbine could OHK headshot you from 50m, then I would be ok with sniper OHK headshots.

You can OHK with a bolt action, you just need to be under 100m... stop camping 200m outside a battle if you want to OHK.
  15. Vaphell

so you want an ohk with a weapon that is able to spray 10bullets/sec? Dude what are you on? During standard full auto spraying headshots happen all the time. How would you justify existence of 0.5rounds/sec RoF weapons then?

how about you stop with your 200m strawman. NW is disastrous not because it stops a headshot or two at 100m+, but because at rank 5 it does so even at 30m.
    • Up x 1
  16. Eldorel

To all of you saying "no' to the OHK, I've got 3 things to ask you.

1) have you ever tried to make a headshot with a BA rifle in this game from more than 100m on any player who isn't AFK?
    It's about as easy as making a bullseye on a rabbit with a longbow at 30m. Which is to say, NOT.

2) Have you ever tried to make a headshot from 200+m on any target?
    It's @#($* hard to do. Even if they're standing still, you still usually need to fire a ranging shot first.

3) If you spent 1000c or $10 on a rifle that ONLY HAS ONE USE, would you be upset when that use is taken away?
    I'm not talking about only one effective use, I'm saying that the BA rifles are only usable for OHK shots. you just don't have time for a followup unless the target is an idiot, and they're useless at close or medium range.
  17. Halvorana

Please make a test video of you shooting level 1-5 nanoweaved opponents at various ranges so we can clearly see the issue.

Im 100% sure that I was in nanoweave 5 yesterday with full hp and personal shield and got OHKed in the head at quite a distance, by the bolt driver.

I really believe that something is wrong with shot-registration in PS2 and this is not always a nano-weave issue. I've been seeing this a lot lately. Even when you hear the headshot sound and it looked like a head shot I think its registering as a body shot.

I think a full vid just flat out showing each gun at 3 ranges on all nanoweaves actually getting or not getting a OHK would be helpful... because again, I'm starting to think its a random thing that just happens in game due to lag or some kind of code -issue.
  18. Rudmed

Here, take two!
    • Up x 1
  19. Eldorel

I'm willing to bet that your killer was a lot closer than you think.
    Especially considering how many of us are hiding in the bushes so that our bolt actions will still OHK.
    (we have to be within 30 meters, so the close range sneaky kill is pretty much the only option left)
  20. Steveru

Already saw it, Mustarde. Gave it a thumb and everything. That's really the most I can do other than challenging some of the more outrageous dissenting opinions, such as, "What's the problem, he got the follow up shot, no?" or "Why didn't he just switch to the pistol".

I just don't get it. It's a sniper headshot. One of the most holiest of rules in videogames, ignored by only two classes in PS2, the a-verage foot solider not among them.

It's an awful nightmare that' I can't wake up from.
    • Up x 1