Remove the Infiltrator IFF!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ztiller, Jun 25, 2013.

1. TeknoBug

As far as I can think of, the ONLY reason the devs did this is because of the PS4 version, any of you that has been a gamer for years know that console = dumbing down doom. There is absolutely no other reason that I can think of why they did this, like I said in another thread I can still count on one hand to how many times I've been TK'd as a cloaker (which was my 2nd most played class up until a month ago).
  2. Ztiller

No, but i want a reliable way of getting in behind them. The cloak right now is everything but reliable.

And tell me, how do you knwo that? By taking a look and getting shot in the face, because our cloak time ran out or someone saw the blur and immetiately identified us as hostile?

Ah yes, so the only way for an Infiltrator to reliably infiltrate is by airdrop? which means that we can do it once every 15 minutes. Great plan you have there.

Except that we never were completely invisible, so stop tryign to pretend as if we are, nor that i ever wanted it. Your argument pretty much boils down to "you should not be able to infiltrate", since we are not supposed to do it when there are enemies around, and not on foot.

So you're saying that it is perfectly acceptable for a class to be compeltely worthless the second there is any noticeable opposition?

Well, i'm sorry to inform you, but an Infiltrator infiltrates. And that does not mean to run around ghostcapping or farming terminal-hacking xp.

I think the Light Assault should have his Jet Pack nerfed so that he can't shoot, or steer, when using it. Also, it should have a much louder noise, and make him appear on the radar. Why? Because he should adapt to it. He shouldn't complain just because we nerf his ability. He should learn to play with it instead.-

Besides, i think it would be a buff to your class. It should have been that way since the start anyways.

But whatever, talking to you is a waste of time. You're just another of the grunts who have no clue what it goes into playing the infiltrator, where brainactivity actually matters and you can't just fly around with a Pump-action shotgun instagibbing everyone with 0 opposition.
  3. Boomotang

For someone who looks at other peoples' stats, you sure make bad assumptions about them. I don't even own a shotgun.

Mosquitos and Galaxies can be used more frequently than every 15 minutes. Especially if you're working with a squad. And you completely neglected squad beacons. Do you ever work with a squad?

What's your game name?
  4. Ztiller

Not if you take Resources into the accounting.

Unless you think that the Jetpack should have a 10 minute recharge time?

Squad beacons. Ah yes, those things that are clearly visible to everyone, have a long cooldown, a survival time of about 2 minutes and when used puts you in a big "here i come" droppod.

Why is my in-game name relevant? In case you're curious, i have 39% infiltrator gameplay. Also, i have earned quite a reputation as a very competent Infiltrator.
  5. Boomotang

I didn't realize a minute and a half was such a long time to stay alive for...

My stats aren't relevant if yours aren't.

You do not get to TELL anyone what your stats are. Especially when all of your posts are filled with hyperbole.

Since you continually avoid the squad question, it's safe to assume that you don't play with squads. It's not surprising considering that you think everyone but you is braindead.
  6. Ztiller

Not if i put down a Beacon and outlives it. That makes the beacon pretty useless.

Well, your stats ARE relevant, since you only have 10% Infiltrator gameplay and 200 kills in total. My kills number in the thousands.

No, i don't play with squads. I find 99% of the squads in this game lackluster. It's just some dude putting down a waypoint, and a bunch of lemming running there. If i play in a squad, i want organization. If i play to farm, then i do it better solo.

that doesn't mean that i don't have a large impact on the battle. You know, some of us can do that without having a large green beavon telling us where to ghostcap.
  7. DuckSauce

If you used the forums for more than lecturing people on things you know nothing about, you might know Ztiller's IGN. It's not like he keeps it a secret. It just shows that you have not been participating in or following any discussions of the infiltrator class for the last eight-odd months... so why are you starting now?
  8. Chris Bingley

Prove it, give us your in game name. For all we know you could be either a pure infiltrator with a 10+ KDR and top of the score board in every fight, or some troll who has never played the game before. If you want us to believe these stats, give us some proof. Otherwise stop trying to use them as evidence of you ability as an infiltrator, as we have no reason to believe what you're saying. After all, stating that your infiltrator kills number in the thousands is no different than me saying I'm the president of Israel.
  9. Boomotang

I asked for his game name because I haven't read most of his posts. Repeatedly without an answer. I don't see the problem.

Because it appears that infiltrator-only players are overreacting to a change in gameplay. Whether or not I've been participating in infiltrator conversations for months is irrelevant.
  10. Boomotang

That is why it's beneficial to work with others.

So, you just play to "farm". Sounds like fun.....

I doubt it. I don't care how many people you've killed. It doesn't mean you've made a big impact in battles.
  11. Vaphell

if you do something like this, yes you have.

to have 8 tanks or not to have 8 tanks is ... like 16 tanks of difference! ;)
  12. Ztiller

My IGN is Esmey, and i'm also the creator of the Infiltration Carnage youtube series. Happy?
    • Up x 1
  13. Boomotang

Haha, you got me there!

I love how he got into the base. From above. Something Ztiller is incapable of figuring out how to do. :)
    It requires too much teamwork, and the help of braindead people.
  14. DuckSauce

So without knowing how to play a class or even having heard other people talk about how they play it, you're going to lecture people with dozens of times more experience on how they should play.

[IMG]

P.S.

Herp derp.
  15. Vaphell

lmao, you just owned yourself because it's his clip :D
    • Up x 3
  16. Boomotang

Then why did he say in previous posts that wasn't an option?
  17. Boomotang

Using a drop pod. Another tactic I suggested which he said wasn't viable.

Herp derp? Really?...... o_O
  18. Vaphell

didn't he mention somewhere that ESFs are not an infinite resource and he heavily invested in being able to do that in the first place? That's a nifty exploit on a cooldown, every inf's baseline is 'here is the main entrance, no go there on foot'
    You are saying that inf should have a hard time to enter anything if he doesn't fall from the sky. Is LA bothered with such crap? No, he just flies over the obstacle to some roof and that's it. Jetpack is infiltration easy mode, legging it with 12s semi-transparent farting cloak via main entrance is not.
    • Up x 1
  19. Boomotang

And why should someone be able to infinitely do this?

That's what most people call over powered.
  20. Ztiller

Do we need to point out that i drop-podded into our own base, onto our own landing pads, surrounded by friendly players? That video was not an infiltration video.