[Guide] How to not be a C4 victim as a tanker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jak, Jun 25, 2013.

1. jak

• Up x 1
  2. EliteEskimo

Pretty sure more people care about what I post then what you give me credit for, just look at the posts to likes I have and look at the likes in the threads I made compared to the ones you have. Try to think really hard and ask yourself why this is Stew? You've been calling me wrong since my combined arms thread, which almost everyone but you and a select view liked. It's truly baffling and I really want to know why you think I'm so bad, because you are in the extreme minority with this thought process Stew.

The other thing you've never been able to grasp Stew is that this is a combined arms game, this game was intended to have dedicated pilots, tankers, Max users, you name it but somehow I'm bad for doing what the game was intended to allow for? A combined arms game is intended to allow anyone to play the role they want, to the extent they want to, in the best way they see fit for helping their team. But somehow this is a concept you've yet to grasp Stew.

Keep on telling me to quit Stew, I mean trying again and again at something that never changes but expecting a different result is a proven method to success right?:D
  3. Fire Works

If they nerf the C4 further and dumb this game further down (while failing to explain basic things to new players like how every engineer can place ammo) Im finally done with it after 1k3 hours.
  4. Tristan

He's part of a large outfit on mattherson that, taken as a whole, makes use of every single playstyle in this game. I'm pretty sure it's in his interest to not just turn the game into tanking.

I especially like the 'run in a giant line of terrans' playstyle they make us of sometimes. It's tasty for MY vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  5. Will 1111

The Eye of the Tiger thing (last paragraph)....you're my outfit leader in disguise aren't you?
  6. deggy

So I looked at this thread, and I searched it for Stew360, and I got a result, and I realized that everything debated in this thread had already been decided.
    • Up x 2
  7. jak

:cool:
  8. RogueComet

OMG Did you just say your tank isn't a viable threat to those using C4? ROFLMAO! So you've never killed infantry before? Seriously? You just lost all credibility.
    • Up x 2
  9. SharpLight

I see, so with skill you can minimize C4 danger....but this is PS2 were skill is vorboten and gameplay is strictly noobtube-ish so prepare yourself for a major C4 nerf; based on live server stats, of course, that only the Creative Clown Director can access.
    • Up x 1
  10. Daibar

hey C4-nerf-people.

people who love the idea of C4 getting nerfed, please prove that it needs a nerf.
    hard numbers that can be verified.

take a look at this thread

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/mbt-vs-c4.135670/page-44#post-1913009

out of the aprox 55.9 million vehicles destroyed, C4 has gotten 3,72% or put in another way, just over 2 million. everything else was done by EVERYTHING else, if you want to nerf C4 because C4 can kill a vehicle, you better start with nerfing the MBTs and ESFs since they kill more vehicles than C4 does.

i look forward to your reply with numbers proving the need for a C4 nerf.
    • Up x 2
  11. Klondik3

Jak-san, but what about the Strikers? IR smoke and proximity radar both go in utility slots :eek:
  12. WookLordz

The amount of tanker whining on here... you should all be embarrassed by yourselves. Yes, there is a very effective counter to your rolling infantry farming machines. Adapt.
  13. jak

The most effective counter for Strikers is to come on the forums and complain about them. Little known fact, it flags your account and makes you immune to one in three striker missiles.
  14. jak

In all honesty, my guess is they'll increase the cost to 150 and make 2 C4 put a tank into the red.
  15. Shellana

4 - Stay more than 100m away from any squad beacons or enemy squad leaders.
    4a - Since squad beacons are easy to hide, best to stay 100m away from any place that may contain one, which is pretty much the whole map.
    4b - You also need to avoid the corpses of dead squad leaders since they are also valid squad deploy beacons.
  16. jak

Or turn your sound on and not worry about it.
  17. Imij

Don't listen to anything Jak says. I know for a fact he gets his jollies off by C4ing EVERYTHING that moves. Massive troll thread ftw. He's leading you all to your doom.
    • Up x 1
  18. Shellana

Oh that's right, and turn off your lag while you are in their making adjustmentsl, can't be too careful.

If the person drop podding on you is any good, by the time you ID the sound and acquire the target, they have 2 C4 on you are are pressing the button.
  19. Klondik3

Thank you for this piece of your wisdom, jak-san.

However, I have another question. As we all know farming infantry requires shooting them with your tank rounds. Shooting tank rounds consequentially makes you appear on the minimap.

In short: Why use vehicle stealth to help you farm infantry by removing you from the minimap when farming infantry makes you appear back on the minimap again?
  20. SinMachine

I am a dedicated tank pilot, I also command an armor squad and I disagree with all the C4 crying. If you were derp enough to let enemy sneak up on your tank place those bricks, get to safe distance and click, you deserve to die. As a man said, pay attention, move around, play with friends, also have a gunner whenever possible
    • Up x 2