There is a total of 10 ppl whining about C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoki, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Stargazer86

It's not misinformation. That's just where we disagree.

Not long ago, these forums were utterly flooded with posts about how this game was an infantry farm. Vehicles ran rampant, mowing infantry down without pause, and the only respite from them was...you guessed it, Bio Labs. Due to the massive amount of heat against it, the devs added in some cover and blockades that prevented vehicles from wandering into particular parts of bases in order to hopefully curb the slaughter.

Vehicles used to be able to cap points. Again, people saw how annoying and unfair it was that someone inside a giant metal armored death machine could sit safely inside and cap a point, so this was taken away.

So, I believe you are wrong when it comes to the tactical impact armor has. Place a zerg of infantry against a zerg of armor, and you'll see quite a few dead bodies laying in the dirt before too long.
  2. deggy

Put a zerg of infantry against a zerg of armor and you have a Medic cert farm. But once the tanks are down, they stay down. The armor column will gradually be reduced to nothing, but the infantry will keep respawning for free and being revived.
  3. RobotNinja

Why can't I sit on a hill by myself overlooking an enemy spawnroom or right outside an enemy spawnroom and spawncamp and instagib anything that steps a toe outside it or gets too close to the shield doors without 100% impunity? It's ridiculous!
  4. Stargazer86

I'd call it a tank cert farm, but I'll agree to disagree.
  5. Bearcat

As a medic with C4, I think most of the C4 hate come from its use by Light Assault. If they changed C4 so you couldn't toss it like a grenade, that would be enough.
  6. deggy

Yes, both sides will get certs, not disagreeing with that. But the infantry will eventually win. They'll wear the tanks down, and they'll destroy them, and they'll win. Tanks are dead and dead permanently, infantry just come back at the nearest Sunderer and pull Heavy Assault.
  7. deggy

As in make it deployable? Like an Engi's Ammo Pack? That'd be wonderful.
  8. Stargazer86

Mm. If the tanks are driven by medics, maybe. Otherwise they'll just dip back behind a hill, repair, and then continue to rack up massive amounts of kills until the infantry are pushed back into their spawn room.
  9. Emerald11

My Medic and LA can carry 2 C4 both and that's are good ideas I think. In real live (I know, we play a fiction game) C4 has to be placed carefully. In PS2 it should be required to put it directly to a vehicle or on the floor like the ammo pack.
  10. deggy

If they do that, the infantry advance. Someone will find a vantage point that has a view over that hill. Bottom line is, death means nothing to infantry. To a tank, it's permanent until he can get another one somewhere, and tanks can't be pulled out of Sunderers.
  11. The King

You know, in real life, humans have the ability to toss explosives and detonate it? Like all the crynoobies were complaining about mines being tossed, that's what really happened in real life...

These complainers see things only one way, when a human has the ability to do many things with a certain item. Like in WW2, the humans didn't just bury mines and made a mine field, they also tossed the anti tank mine at a tank to kill it.
    You don't have to follow "rules" of how it should be to make it effective. That's the beauty of the human brain. So odd that people say that it shouldn't be so when it actually was so and how it actually are used.

C4 isn't that strong and 2 C4 Always killed my harasser that is fully maxed out in armor.
    1 can nearly kill it....

If your tank is dying to C4, you're obviously not paying attention. That is a fact.
  12. Phrygen

when lupreza says "aware of you concerns" that has, historically speaking, meant that some sort of change is coming.
    So go ahead and bet me. oh and to the last point, if that's how you want to think about it, then lets throw in a 5-10 minute timer on being able to equip c4 on an infantry load-out. Or you can just accept they are not c4 and vehicles are not equal the way you want them to be.
  13. Alarox

I'm going to try this from a new angle. C4 is fine, but usually I take great lengths to explain why. Here's an easier way.

I can do this with 450 resources:

[IMG]

[IMG]

I can do this with 200:

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  14. Elrobochanco

No I'm 100% right. You are certainly exploiting their bad positioning/planning, but that's tactics not overpowered mechanics. Any of them with a gunner worth anything would still drop you if hey had that (guessing most don't though). All these arguments are still about something being overpowered, even though it only works in a very specific circumstance that is totally avoidable.
  15. Bucketmaster

Where the hell are people getting the idea that a fully certed Harasser can survive two bricks of C-4? Because mine can't for sure (yes, that is with Composite Armor 4 equipped).
    • Up x 1
  16. Thrustin

Beautifully put. I hope you don't mind if I quote you in my thread.
  17. Shellana

Drop Pod + C4 is not avoidable.

You know there is a problem when the standard response to a tank zerg is "I have a beacon down on the roof, sart drop podding and C4/Mine them to death"

That has become SOP in my outfit for dealing with Tank Zergs at medium to short range, because it is the best and most effective way to handle them.

One guy has even certed into ejection seats for his scythe for no other purpose than to drop onto tank columns and blow them up.
  18. KlyptoK

Popular myth or bug. Who knows.
  19. Elrobochanco

Super secret right here:
    Shoot the drop pod. It's an incredibly fragile vehicle. And it's a giant "Look a guy just spawned right here wooooooosh, shoot this guy right herrrrrree" sign.

If a tank zerg is in short range, it's their own dumb fault. If you are in a situation in which a drop pod (a super loud thing) can land, a guy can get out, deploy 2 c4 (which takes a few seconds, and slows you down while deploying) and pull the trigger before you've manage to one shot him, maybe you should not operate vehicles you have no business using.

Some people just aren't meant to drive/own a car because they can't take care of it, just because we can all spawn them from base doesn't change the lack of owner responsibility on auraxis. If auraxis had pet stores we'd be flushing a whole lot of goldfish y'know.
  20. Shellana

I would respond in depth, but it is obvious you are not comprehending what I am saying beyond what is necessary to drive your agenda, so I will keep it simple.

There are plenty of ways to kill tanks in this game, C4 should not be the best weapon for defeating tank zergs at any range beyond point blank, period.