Vanu populations skyrocketing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elkorin, Jun 24, 2013.

1. elkorin

I left Mattherson a few weeks back due to the insane vs pops, they were making the game pretty boring. A few friends of mine and I restarted on Connery. Now, when I go to log in in the morning, I see the exact same issue that Mattherson had.

What is going on?

Both of the 2 servers are boasting 46% world pop for VS, and it is like this every night, and early mornings. I did not see this happening much on Connery a few weeks ago, but each day it gets a little worse. What is causing this?
  2. Pat Cleburne

ZOE and Saron probably have a lot to do with it
    • Up x 7
  3. HMR85

It has always been like that in the early morning hours on Connery. That however, is not the case around prime time when more people begin to log on. Also, VS is the FOTM at the moment. Give it some time and things will return to normal.
    • Up x 2
  4. Vanus Aran

Of course it could only be ZOE. :rolleyes:
  5. Vashyo

6. Jalek

Many are finding the wisdom of Vanu.
    Also, Connery has had Chinese outfits for a long time that play in their own peak hours and largely VS.
    Their latency and client-side hit detection makes it difficult sometimes when you die after going behind shields.
  7. chrisbeebops

If VS is FOTM, I can't wait to see what "normal" looks like on Waterson. 20% primetime population here we come! :rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  8. Mythicrose12

No difference in VS population on Waterson. Still in the mid 20% range during prime times.
  9. Arcfade

VS Connery seems to have a Pop advantage in the early morning (Pacific Time, atleast).

It's probably the lasher, not gonna lie.
  10. Phenics

Started a thread on this
    Check out this picture from Woodman - This Saturday 14:30 GMT +2, it kinda speaks for itself.
    [IMG]
  11. HMR85

I don't play on Waterson so I couldn't tell ya. However, on Connery they are the FOTM. I'm sure in a month or so when new stuff comes out it will be TR or NC. Its a vicious cycle that goes around and around.
  12. Xasapis

VS seem to have become the second highest populated empire worldwide the last two weeks. The shift seems to have occurred after CU10 (and surprisingly not CU9 and the introduction of zoe). The update to saron didn't last a week, so I doubt it played any significant role either.

Although it's pleasant to see the VS population rising after a 6 months constant decline, I can't seem to be able to pinpoint the exact reasoning behind the sudden rise in numbers.
  13. Morpholine

You do realize those graphs are showing territory control, and not population, right?

I've seen similar situations on Connery, prior to the Helios merger when VS would be doing good to break a global population of 20%. It was all due to almost all TR and NC on the server being busy slaughtering each other at Allatum.
  14. TheBillOf3D

It's the purple haired chick. Many beta males are eager to be ordered around by her.
    • Up x 6
  15. Phenics

Ugh.. Don't even know where to begin.
    You do realize i play regularly on Woodman and this is not a one time event? Yeah, it's not showing the population but how stupid are you if you think that this graph is due to NC and TR fighting it off at a biolab? I'm not going to waste my time proving it for you, go there and see for youself and you'll see that Woodman is clearly overpopulated by Vanu.
  16. freeze

oh look... woodman crying about VS again.
  17. Ganelon

Woodman primetime in a nutshell.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  18. Emerald11

Change the % values for TR and VS and you have the situation some weeks ago (as the Striker came in the gaim), But it's right, we VS have a to high pop at the moment. It could be a ZOE effect, but the raise began 1,5 weeks after implementation of it. So I'm not sure it is the only one reason. And concerning ZOE - menawhile the number decreases and the charge ability is used by more and more players again.
  19. Andy79

All those low BR newbies get farmed by ESF and libs, for a short while I was in a horde of players zerging a base while being bombed by a dozen ESF and liberators (who carefully avoided blowing up the sunderer),

no one was capable of pulling anything antiair

I guess using their grenades to liberally cost them all their infantery ressources, a 1 arm- burster with standard mag size is a joke anyway, and none of them br 7-10s had the 1000 certs to waste on a subpar g2a launcher
  20. KanoHe

And both Saron and Zoe was nerfed Balanced. New nerfs incoming ?