Connery's newest fail favorite "A2AM"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SNAFUS, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Eugenitor

But I use rocket pods to take on other ESF. That and afterburners.
  2. soeguud

For everyone else, there're A2A missiles. That said when you're doing that flip-roll-turn thing in one spot against another fighter one plane length away any advantages presented by them are neutralised.
    • Up x 1
  3. ZoeAlleyne

Hey SNAFU, how the hell else am I supposed to kill you? Currently I aggro you and then run like a girl to Datablue.

We just went through this with ZOE...
    • Up x 6
  4. iRhuel

That's a pretty elitist position. A scrub would be a player who DIDN'T take advantage of every tool available to him to succeed. The devs most likely didn't include A2AM in the game so we could turn up our noses an scoff at them. You can disdain them if you want, but don't hate on other people for simply utilizing all the assets given them. We can't all be dogfighting, ground farming, tank ****** Gods like you.
    • Up x 9
  5. ent|ty

I like it when the A2A nubs think they can cover their tracks by finishing you off with their rotary gun after hitting you with the lock on rockets... like they think you can't tell they hit you with a2a on the killboard.

/tell nub rockets... did you break a sweat?

nub: You mad?
    /reply nope, just laughing at your <lock> lameness

nub: I killed you with rotary bro

/reply sure you did.
    • Up x 2
  6. ent|ty

HOly cow dude, so true. The meddlers are even more annoying.
    You're having a decent dogfight with someone for once ( the rare NC or TR pilot who is willing to duel it out), and some nub comes in and <locks> your *** and steals the kill.

/tell Nub rockets. Lame.

Fun Enemy Pilot: Sorry man, it wasn't me. Good flying though.
    /reply yeah, hate those things. you too man, that was fun
    Fun Enemy Pilot: yep.
    • Up x 1
  7. IamDH

You have a choice between rocketpods and A2A rockets. You chose rocketpods and he chose A2A
    Are you suggesting A2A should be useless at A2A? I'm not a fan of lock ons either but you have to accept that people have a right to do whatever they want. And besides you have to keep your crosshair on them all the time ( i think anyways, never used A2A) which i doubt is easy
    • Up x 2
  8. CNR4806

Because something explicitly designed for A2A should suck at A2A and leave no reason for anyone to use it.

[IMG]
    • Up x 11
  9. Benton!

Whining about A2A Missiles is like people whining about shotguns. Yeah sure, nobody that is not using one likes them, but they are a part of this game and do have their uses. We just need to adapt.
    • Up x 2
  10. DuckSauce

Are A2AM OP again? I thought Higglesworth was making them into an anti-Gal/-Lib weapon?

What this game really needs are lockon bullets so Forumsiders who play all infantry can understand. Preferably they'd track like strikers.

7:39 SO FUN, SO GOOD FOR GAME PLAY
  11. MFP_TK_01

I would like to thank you for remaining in my reticule for the required 10 seconds so that I may shoot you down with a missile. I will be sure to pack some tissues in the next one for you.
    • Up x 7
  12. Benton!

Higglesworth lol
  13. SpcFarlen

Its a problem all lock-on systems have in the game. It rewards the user with little to no expense compared to the other solution. Why get up close to use a dumbfire when you can spam lock-ons at range? Why bother out maneuvering your opponent in an ESF when you can just lock on at a distance?

Its the fact that it takes little to no actual skill or risk for the user to use. Spam A2AM's from a distance or when you cant aim properly enough to land nose gun fire. Like Snafu said, its a crutch.
    • Up x 2
  14. Devrailis

Basically yes.

Anyone who calls an A2A user a scrub needs to be beaten with a dictionary and salted with irony.

If your own, personal, arbitrary, mental limitations are causing you to reject and deny a play style outright for other people, then you sir, are the scrub.

A2A haters => Educate yourselves: http://www.sirlin.net/ptw
    • Up x 6
  15. Lepalose

My favourite argument of A2A missile users so far is that its not 100% effective every time.

#2 is that it takes some skill to get the lock-on.

Man, they get upset when you poke them.

Yup they're in the game, and yup people will use them. But that does not make you a good player by using a crappy mechanic. You all suck if you use it as your A2A crutch, and you should know that.

It quite simply is a mechanic that reduces the skill cap of dog fighting to a lower denominator. It would be like putting aim-assist on infantry users. And if you think THAT is a good idea, well go back to console and wait for PS2 on the PS4, scrub.
  16. SNAFUS

You do that nukabazooka ;)
  17. DuckSauce

Yes, that's the one definition of it and the one some are misusing... but they're scrubs because they're new/bad pilots. A2AM let you get kills as a newbie until you learn to use the vastly better rotaries. Using missiles is not 'playing to win' unless you're new in the cockpit in the first place; all the best A2A pilots use drop tanks and it's not out of a sense of honor in many cases.

Are all A2AM users bad? No. But usually when I flare and turn around on one they panic and either try to ram me, try to run or crash into something... I've had people bail as soon as I put a couple rotary rounds in them.
    • Up x 3
  18. Drealgrin

• Up x 1
  19. MasonSTL

You know what? YOUR RIGHT! :D I also am getting tired of all the automatic weapons being used. Its a pathetic when someone uses their SMG when I am shooting at them with my revolver. It doesn't make them a good shot, they should gain some self respect, its a cancer. ******* scrubs!
    • Up x 9
  20. SNAFUS

Never said it should suck, only said it should require some level of competence to be used. At the moment the whole putting the target within the apple on your monitor and click is kind of ridiculous. If they had to at least keep the reticule on the target as the missile was airborne then it would be some what balanced. There would still be plenty of ability for bads to hide outside the dog fights and lob A2AM. But if a pilot performed evasive maneuvers the enemy pilots would have to stay close or LOS could happen. Not this current form where if the missile doesn't bug out it will hit you if flares are not deployed.