I think PS2 could work very well as a third person game.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Flukeman62, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Flukeman62

Now hear me out I DON'T THINK PS2 SHOULD become third person but I do think it could have been nice. i think this because it has all the cosmetics and I somehow feel that many of the weapons would work well in third person as they could apply the big muzzle flash and make the game LOOK nice without it affecting gameplay (as opposed to now where the muzzle flash and the recoil would hurt gameplay).
    just an errant thought.
  2. maxkeiser

No, no, no for reasons already discussed at length on this forum.
    • Up x 2
  3. Hosp

This.
  4. MFP_TK_01

Yes yes yes for reasons already discussed on this forum
  5. TeknoBug

Play some Planetside 1 and you'll figure out why 3rd person isn't available to infantry.

It was abused to ambush players in PS1.
  6. Flukeman62

as i said in the OP i don't think it SHOULD become third person this was just an errant thought.
  7. Patrician

No, no, no!
    • Up x 1
  8. Flukeman62

as i said i don't think it should become third person.
  9. Patrician

Not quite sure why the OP then?
  10. Flukeman62

it was just an idea sitting in my mind and distracting me from doing any revision so i just posted it to stop it causing me more trouble.
  11. IamDH

I'm sorry but i joined the game for a first person, not a third person game. Me (and probably others) would find it very irritating if this game would become a third person because we simply do not enjoy them.
    • Up x 1
  12. Flukeman62

edited for clarity
  13. Patrician

Oh, OK. I've had days like that. ;)
  14. SenEvason

I think it'd be better with leaning.
  15. KlyptoK

They already said they want to encourage the use of only 1st person view on vehicles. Why would they want 3rd person on characters?