Connery's newest fail favorite "A2AM"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SNAFUS, Jun 20, 2013.

1. SNAFUS

This issue is far from new but with the more recent buffs to the A2AM system and the extra 200xp per kill, we are now ballz deep in A2AM users. The weapon system is the epitome of what is wrong with lock on based weapons. They are skill less weapons that require the minimum ability of only pointing in the general direction of your enemy and clicking. If they simply forced these weapon systems to require a constant track while the missile is in flight then some balance could be restored.

Connery you are better then this. I used to enjoy the fact that seeing these noob tubes of the sky was a rarity on our server. Gain some self respect back and help remove the cancer that are A2AM from the sky. Any outfit that pushes for the use of these weapons systems should feel ashamed for their catering to bad player behavior.
    • Up x 15
  2. Udnknome

A2AM require you to keep your crosshair on the target all the way until contact no? This is the way it used to work before, is it solely fire and forget now?
    • Up x 1
  3. Amouris

Think ill be pulling more A2A Reavers now :p
    • Up x 6
  4. starlinvf

its a simple shift in priorities..... nothing more, nothing less.

Anti-Air got buffed, the buff is compounded by everyone rolling skyguards to test it out, Air2Ground role for ESF are being firmly suppressed, so pilots shifted to Air2Air to find a fight they can win. Nothing about the A2A missiles has changed, and this supposed imbalance was not an overbearing issue prior to the patch.

Ergo, ESF finally doing proper interceptor roles instead of near exclusive Air2Ground, and you cry foul?
    • Up x 35
  5. Tasogie

Wrong as always, Air to Air missiles are a vital part of any fighter. I HIGHLY recommend anyone thinking about them, use them. Ignore the cheat beating an foot stomping of the armchair warriors who call you silly schoolyard names for it. They are there for good reason an are to be used.

Only the truly stupid an young would object to such things.
    • Up x 28
  6. SNAFUS

Never worked that way in PS2, maybe beta but not live atleast.
  7. SNAFUS

Vital my ***, sorry to say any pilot who uses these end up being some of the worst pilots. The only fact these guys become an issue is when they sit outside real dog fights and try to steal kills. But if you have a terrible air wing I guess this is a good crutch.
    • Up x 9
  8. Tasogie

this is sort of attitude I recommend people ignore outright, they are arrogant, usually highly ignorant an so full of their own sense of superiority they cant understand anything....

this game is about shooting first, shooting hardest an getting them dead before they have a chance to shoot you. Use anything an everything in your power to win at any cost (within the tos)
    • Up x 29
  9. TripleAych

HELP HELP IM BEING OPPRESSED BY A2A MISSILES
    • Up x 30
  10. Daemeon

Actually Snafu is one of the best pilots on our server if not the best and I respect his opinion greatly even if he is a dirty rotten imperialistic dog. Those that resort to name calling as a form of debate on the other hand have little respect in my eyes.

Though I agree that it is a viable weapon to use I myself prefer not to use them for the same reason Snafu mentioned... it makes me a better pilot. One on one I often tear apart new players that use lock ons simply because they have no idea how to handle a dogfight since all they really know is point.. wait.. shoot. I am not an ace yet on my server but I like to think I have earned some respect from some of them and certainly concur that A2AM needs tweaking so that more quality players are in the air to fight.
    • Up x 5
  11. Cinnamon

They should make a dogfighting only map so the rest of us don't have to listen to this constant complaining.
    • Up x 16
  12. Tasogie

point is Air to Air is a standard weapon system for planes, it is also a very good one. I just object to people trying to belittle others, an bully younger players into only playing the way they demand... An if that fails they go on a crusade on forums to have something nerfed so that none wants to use it. I was called a lair straight off, an to be honest I dont have the time nor patience for silly school yard name calling. They issue you lot seem to have is you dont people playing other ways than what you deem normal.
    • Up x 11
  13. exLupo

I'm hearing two things:
    1) A2Am is for bad pilots
    2) A2Am is ruining the air game

If bad pilots are killing you and you, clearly, are a good pilot, doesn't that mean they're good as well? Right tool. Right job. Dogfighting isn't the only determiner of ESF efficacy. It can be a big one but if A2Am users are encroaching on your duels then good for them.

If you want A2Am nerfed or removed, say so. Don't make it out to be some big honor/skill affair. Address balance issues as balance issues, don't try to use emotive speech to win people over to your side. It's disingenuous. Unless you're saying A2Am users are, over the course of the game, ineffective. Then you should ask for an A2Am buff.

Ask for buffs.
    Ask for nerfs.
    The only people who care about e-honor are people who care about e-honor and they're the ones who die to the rest. If that's your schtick, fine, just don't complain when someone kills you with a tank while you're busy playing Pistols-At-Dawn.
    • Up x 29
  14. Phaze

Sounds like somebody got shot down by A2A missiles because he stopped equipping flares.
    • Up x 10
  15. Daemeon

You guys have any idea how impossible it would/will be to fly an ESF if every person equipped A2AM? There would be no fights.. it would be constant beeps and either fading away or blowing up. It's bad enough flying over TR space if I dip too low with all the Striker spam. I get that some people need to use lock ons. My aim isn't that great yet but I refuse to use a crutch that will only make my skill go down.

How would you feel as infantry if you were kicking butt with guns but then you kept having to run away from the base or die because the enemy could fire a weapon with 100% chance of hitting you if he saw you?
    • Up x 4
  16. Tasogie

You only have a set amount of missiles, an after using them your down to guns or you run. Its called using everything at your hands to win. if you dont want to win an jsut want to be some sort of silly "internet honorable" ******** then no offense but tough. Its a game about war with one expression reason for being...

To kill everything that moves that is an enemy. Either you fight to win or dont fight. Seems quite simple to me.
    • Up x 6
  17. Cinnamon

Yeah many times I have abandoned bases because ESF were flying around them looking for easy kills.
    • Up x 5
  18. Purg

I absolutely applaud any ESF pilot that sticks on A2A missiles to take on other ESF instead of opting for Rocket Pods. AA volume on the ground has been reduced due to resource costs and it was the insistence of ESF to murder ground on release that got you to where you are today.

Keep up the good work.
    • Up x 20
  19. NUKABAZOOKA

I'm going to go A2A on my scythe just to make you mad SNAFU.
    • Up x 16
  20. RobotNinja

OMG! A slight buff to A2AMs? Holy crap! Now, in the 1 out of 100 of scenarios where they're useful...they might be useful!

This is terrible for dedicated air pilots. I'm not done lolpodding spawnrooms so I can spawncamp my way to BR100! What the heck SOE?! Don't you guys care about us?
    • Up x 15