GU11 is amazing so far.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SNAFUS, Jun 20, 2013.

1. SNAFUS

Been a beautiful air scene this morning after the new update. And by god Bursters can't reach me half way across the map any longer. Anyone else enjoying this new update or is there some major issues for other people?

• Up x 6
  2. Wezdor

They killed the Lasher :(
    • Up x 2
  3. Ned

Lasher was already dead
  4. SpcFarlen

Knew youd be the first to love the Burster change Snafu lol.

"The Lasher was dead: to begin with"... Sound like a great start to a book.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ganelon

Apart from the crashing and not letting me start the game afterwards, sure.
  6. SNAFUS

Can't help but be excited with these new changes. I can actually participate in a good sized fight without being insta poofed by invisible units.
  7. SpcFarlen

Ya that was the biggest issue why i never pulled an ESF after launch. Used to fly everyday during beta, primarily AA too, but just because while in a dogfight 2 Bursters would just light you up. Will be interesting to see what happens now with people pulling more Skyguards, at least they render at distances that are acceptable.
  8. SNAFUS

Ya Sky Guards are very lethal atm. But I have a feeling it will take some time before the limings all figure it out. Until then it is a pilots paradise.
  9. Ronin Oni

Skyguards should be though....

they were pretty terribad before... I mean, you could chase off pilots and stuff, but the lack of magazine size and crazy CoF just really kept it from being really strong.

Glad they finally switched roles.... way it should have been from the beginning. Skyguards bloody render AND can't be revived FFS
    • Up x 2
  10. Larolyn

My AP cannon is loving all these low flying, fearless pilots the update has brought out. I simply adoew the colourful explosions when an ESF disintegrates on my screen.
  11. Ronin Oni

^Must be NC :p
  12. Larolyn

Cannot agree with you more here and have always wondered why the roles were reversed here. The "big" vehicle target should be the deadlier of the two and not the little man sized target on a hill.
  13. Bape

I don't like It I went from 100 fps to 40 you can suck it SOE.
  14. Ronin Oni

I haven't pulled my Skyguard in MONTHS....

just no reason too when Burster was cheaper and more effective.

kinda hilarious Burster MAX is now the more expensive one :D however... it still doesn't render within it's effective range, still reviveable, AND can change loadouts.... so it all makes sense.
  15. SNAFUS

Been fighting for that point for months now. Just glad they finally did something about it.
  16. SNAFUS

Dirty land dalton :p
  17. Larolyn

I hear your VS AP cannon has a lower bullet speed velocity. What's that all about? Oh and I tried driving a Magrider, man they are weird to drive but on the plus side, you can drive them anywhere. Love my heavy, slow, overweight, cumbersome bruiser of a tank.
  18. Larolyn

Don't fly straight towards me in a slow downwards trajectory while rocket podding and we will all get along just fine! Infact, just stop rocket podding me and I won't be forced to shoot you out of the skies.
  19. Heretic

The mini chain-gun is epic, don't change a thing. That is all.
  20. Ronin Oni

FYI the Vanguard is 5KPH faster than the Magrider.... magrider is just a smoother ride and effected a lil less by hill climb. Oh, and Magrider strafes of course :p

And yah, our slow velocity is to counter our strafing ability... the low point of fire and limited arc makes it really hard to hit ESF's usually though unless we get angled right... the slow velocity compounds that... and I'm 75% certain that we can ONLY OHK with AP (Vanguard can OHK with standard default HEAT rounds) however the faster AP rounds do make it easier (Mag AP is about as fast as your HE rounds >.< )

Prowlers, being 2 barreled, never OHK ESF's even with AP ammo