GU011: IRNV Scopes nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Konfuzfanten, Jun 14, 2013.

1. LibertyRevolution

How much sway are they adding? Is it like the 6x? Will it be 1/6 the sway of the 6x?
    I spent about an hour in VR playing with different scopes and they all suck compared to the HS/NV.
    You cannot jump and ADS with iron sights or any other scope beside the HS/NV or the 6x...
    The HS/NV is the only scope that makes ADS firing while flying as LA have any sort of accuracy..
    • Up x 1
  2. RogueComet

This is the exact problem. This is yet another "small change to a game mechanic" that leads to yet another heavy nerf to the most unfinished class in the game, Light Assault. Freaking BS is what this is. Constant nerfs every single GU to the class. I'm sick of that.
  3. Sysagent

Game breaker for me.

Nobody asked for this, there seems to be no logical reason for the changes, the scope is available to all factions, it functions as per design... How on Earth a 1x scope can suffer from sway is beyond me when the other scopes of this magnification do not, it's just a lazy code change with no real thought at all to it (cut n paste comes to mind).

What is the reasoning for this, why have the developers decided to make this change, is there some upcoming Infra Red implant for 750 / 1000 Sony Cash incoming which they want us all to purchase, the cynic in me thinks so.

A solid, big FAT no to this change, there is no real, bona fide reason for this and the community seem to agree that we don't want it.

Sony No.
  4. Konfuzfanten

Its no where near the 6x scope. The IRNV scope sway is small, but aiming for head shots will be down to luck with both recoil and sway.

You dont really feel it up to around 20 meters, and at 40 meters the sway really starts to kick in.
  5. Macchus

lol why do you still play then .. LA is fine maybe its the players that are "unfinished" ... possible l2p issue ..
  6. Badname0192

Don't worry, when you are airborne the UBGL is still accurate as if you are standing still! No COF = instant gib of what is troubling you.

;)
  7. Bindlestiff

Here you go:

8. Kociboss

Holy ****.

I think they made the IRNV a little bit...Hm...Obsolete?

BTW, can you hold your breath to stop the sway?
  9. Fang7.62

10. Bindlestiff

Yep.

11. LibertyRevolution

that sway looks like no issue.
  12. ElementalFiend

Holy ****, scope sway is the absolute WORST balancing mechanic.
  13. xWARCRIMESx

From my professional experience, I've used many types of optics. Instead of an annoying sway that doesn't make sense due to the range, we could easily apply real life issues with Infrared that won't be difficult to implement in-game.

Real infrared goes from Standby to On by the pressure from your eye socket against the scope. This could easily be represented by a small black screen delay as you initially aim, maybe with a small "power" sound effect, similar to the kind "defibrillators" make (this actually happens in real life, with an audible 'click' sound).

In addition, real infrared needs to be constantly calibrated. Everything starts to become blurry if it's on for long periods of time. This could also be implemented by having the contrasts blend together after aiming for a while (10 seconds?) into a sort of whitish mixture of blobs.

Infrared on vehicles usually have a constant power source, so there would be no reason not to be On at all times (meaning no standby delay upon aiming). That would be the benefit for vehicles to have it, which is compensation for the fact that scope range is usually much more important on vehicles.

I'm no game designer, but it would make sense that the 12x zoom should have its normal sway, a 6x zoom has half that, and a 1x zoom isn't visible at all.

SOE should fix their other optics before messing up what they already know what works.

Any thoughts?
    • Up x 1
  14. Kartaugh

Dumbest possible way to nerf ANY scope is adding/increasing sway...just idiotic and unwanted.
    • Up x 1
  15. Vanu Superiority

The range is the nerf IMO. It's only good at close-medium range.
  16. Konfuzfanten

The IRNV scope was already a close-medium range scope. You couldnt see a thing at +50 meters.

And the sway is just waaay over the top.
    • Up x 1
  17. Fned

o_O

If every hand held weapon had some amount of sway, it would be a verisimilitudinous acknowledgement that people holding guns can't hold the sights rock-steady like the gun was bolted to a big heavy machine. PS2 obviously didn't go this way for the lower-magnification sights, possibly so they wouldn't have to spend time figuring out how to scale the sway based on magnification, or possibly just to simplify things for people who would otherwise come on here and ask "WHY R MY GUN MOEV".

With vehicles, the gun is in fact bolted to a big heavy machine. I literally cannot imagine why you would even momentarily entertain the concept that a vehicle-mounted weapon would wobble around like it was being held up by muscles. :confused:
  18. Konfuzfanten

RL =/= PS2, yes/no?

The devs want to nerf the IRNV scope and add sway because "everyone" are using it.

Then why on earth is the vehicle scope not getting the sway nerfed? Nearly all vehicle user's i know or random vehicle i jump into use NV.
    The vehicle thermal/NV scope gets a very slight ADS timer nerf and then a pretty big buff to visibility. And yes i know the NV for air will no longer highlight, but the air thermal on the test server is better then the NV scope on live.

If the devs think that the vehicle thermal/NV scopes are fine with a very slight ADS timer nerf, why nerf the infantry scope even more?

And again sway is just ridiculous on a 1x scope.
  19. McChimperson

Ow my eyes.
    • Up x 1
  20. Riskae

are you nuts? you're getting skis!!!