ZOE Whiners rejoice!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slaidd, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Citizen H

Hey brainiac, they can still strafe while firing faster than infantry, which is the problem.
  2. Mindjacker

I wish my shield lasted 8 sec's when in use /sigh some people want everything
  3. Terrex

What will be the next excuse all of the bads dream of?

"I can't get any kills because ZOE maxs now have a 3.6 kd/r" :(
  4. Rhiaci

Do you have trouble deciphering the written word? I never called the Fractures op, I just don't think they are "perfectly balanced", as you phrased it.

Also, i'm not quite sure what you are trying to accomplish here, did the video hurt your feelings that much, that you feel the urge to get back at me or something?
  5. Wulfen109

It brings me SOOooo much enjoyment to see the hypocritical Vanu call us whiners when it was them who whined and whined and whined and whined to SOE until our scattermaxes were nerfed long ago. We got over it, you can too. 8 seconds is plenty of time to wreck havoc and poor infantry souls
  6. sSie

I wish my MAX had unbelievable CQC capability that didn't get nerfed for 5 months.
  7. sSie

Not really a trap, you have nothing worthwhile saying. The ZOE was overpowered, but the nerf will make it entirely useless. It needed a cooldown, but 8 seconds of use and a 30% armour debuff, it is essentially a ****** charge utility. Do you not also consider the reason why it had a higher K/D than the other MAXs? Maybe because it was never used in CQC environments as it was essentially worthless, whilst you in your scatMAXs forever used them in biolabs, towers, any control point capture area.

Again it wasn't balanced, we knew that. But a nerf this harsh will result in it being non-competitive again.

More waffle.

More waffle that is based on absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Jumping to conclusions springs to mind.
    Your MAX has always been superior since day one. Vanu has for once, a MAX that can be used in strategic play (MAX rushes to points, something the NC has been so fond of). But now, it will be reduced to what it was, a medium range, walking MANA turret which has no viable use in CQC (where the vast majority of control points are located). You do realise the hate the NC MAX recieved wasn't because it had shotguns, but because it was actually USEFUL in strategic play.
    My problem is our MAXs will be no good except for bursters, something which you can not unfortunately wrap your head around.

Realised you have nothing important to say whatsoever?
  8. Machine Spirit

uhuh, I agree the ZOE needed some modifying, but this is just insane.
  9. Phazaar

You're on a video game forum and expecting important things to be discussed? Hilarious.

The only place for discussion that could even be mistaken for important is the test server forum (or more accurately, the Reddit), where the level of the nerf can be discussed. All that's happening here is theorycrafting, and I'm very happy to state that you're all QQing nonsensically. Thinking about it; I take it back. That does seem pretty important :)
  10. Roarboar

Hey braniac, the problem is that you cant aim. uninstall and try runescape instead.
  11. Wezdor

12. illgot

There will be screaming about how Zoe Max are now only hit and run ninja maxes that no one can kill because they toggle their zoe too quickly. Now they need a longer cool down timer and inability to turn off zoe while being shot.

I give it one day before we hear this.
  13. illgot

It really didn't. TR max needed to lockdown faster (half a second would be good) and NC max needed their shield modified and the ability to run with their shield deployed.
  14. Tekuila

Congrats on hiding?
  15. sSie

To put things into perspective, I barely use the MAX except for AA, I just have a huge hatred of nerf threads and whiners. It also seems that I was right that the nerf IS too much and the 8 second timer will not go live. In all honesty the ZOE should be removed entirely and replaced with something that has a situational use, which the current ZOE does and will not have regardless of the nerf.
  16. DreamlessLiberty

Why did they remove the 8 second timer?
  17. The King

Hiding? lol
    grow up
    This is a forum.
  18. nitram1000

Because it didn't need it. The increase in damage received is more than enough, I find it hard to stay alive as ZOE right now, I will die very quickly after the nerf.
  19. Xasapis

The new damage debug means a lot of things that near killed the max will now outright do it. The effective hps is down to 7000, which means one magazine of current pump action will kill it.

The 8 seconds didn't make sense. We are supposed to use zoe to position ourselves before combat, not to use it as a combat buff. At least, not all the time.
  20. Fumblewatt

Like jumpjets?
    That 8 second ZOE was worse than charge, we all know it.