GU011: IRNV Scopes nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Konfuzfanten, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Bill Hicks

IRNV was an abomination in a game with no Night
  2. GrumpyArse

Not sure I understand the definition of "balance" when applied to an item that offers the same benefits and drawbacks to every faction. Where is the "imbalance" here when put in that context ??
    • Up x 1
  3. Eugenitor

Balance between a player's choices.

With any noticeable amount of scope sway, there's no reason for anyone to pull an IRNV, especially since infils are completely invisible to it. Basically, it's a tool that people liked using, and it no longer has a use. They might as well have taken it out of the game completely. Pick a different sight.
    • Up x 4
  4. RobotNinja

OMG! I couldn't put my finger on it but somehow I knew IRNV was missing...um...something! That's it! Add sway to a 1X scope! My god! Smedley is brilliant! I mean...the sheer genius of the man cannot be denied.

If there's one thing literally everyone, regardless of faction has been complaining about it's how OP IRNV scopes are. It's like...he's got the pulse of the very heart of the community.

But...in all of Smedley's wisdom or Smesdom (TM) he's overlooked a few other weapons that need sway: Pistols! Knives! MAX punch! Rotary cannons! Mounted turrets!

• Up x 4
  5. EnviousCipher

Ok then. Go fix the ridiculously huge red dots on the relfex scopes, make anything higher than 2x actually viable (i.e reduce recoil on those scopes) and we have a deal.
    • Up x 5
  6. PhantomOfKrankor

About time. Something about the IRNV simply made guns more accurate than other low-power scopes. And no I'm not imagining it. When you look at the kick and movement of the gun with IRNV vs other situations the gun has a different feel and accuracy. In fact I stopped using it way back because I felt a nerf was coming eventually and didn't want to have it feel like it was a crutch and have to re-adapt to normal scopes.
  7. Aractain

IRNV is a crutch as much as third person was in planetside 1. Its the absolute best scope (because its not a 3D model with animations but a 2D overlay). The others might need buffing and sway might not be the right nerf but IRNV needs to have more downsides.
    • Up x 3
  8. Kunavi

What I don't get is why IRNV is so much better than Thermal? I think some of its traits should be given to Thermal(Price!) or they should be made completely different. Also why don't we have Thermal for weapons?
  9. illgot

how about the fact you can't tell what faction the person in your scope is or how the limited range makes you an easy target for anyone with long range weaponry (or a rocket launcher).

Or how about taking away the odd bug where you have less spread and weapon bloom when using the scope.

what ******* world do the devs exist in that they are so out of touch. They need to stop looking at stats and think. I feel like I'm dealing with idiot managers who can't manage and instead get pissed off at the people around them.
  10. phreec

We're discussing the IRNV scope, not the vehicle attachment. The IRNV is basically the same as a vehicles Thermal view when you use it as infantry. It doesn't have that green overlay etc of vehicles IRNV.

[IMG]
  11. Phrygen

no it hasn't. Till recently NV couldn't be used on low settings effectively, and thus the best scope couldn't be used. couldn't use nv on esfs or tanks either.

IRNV has been too good for too long, but i wish they would just make the other sites better rather than nerfing IRNV.
  12. Vorxil

I've been doing quite fine with other sights at night. I don't really see that much benefit of the IRNV scope with the current nights.
  13. ScottishRoss

Considering this scope is useless on Esamir, and a fair few places on Amerish, I'd say it's pretty damned balanced as it is.
    • Up x 1
  14. Nocturnal7x

Realy what they should have done is make it work like the 1x RDS. The HSNV is different. Just different. This change is probably gonna be bad.
  15. sSie

I could use NV fine when on low settings so I dont get your problem. Did it just not work at all?

I do agree that the regular sights need improving.
  16. nitram1000

As a user of IRNV I fully support this. I equip it on EVERYTHING even when I want to equip something else because it is the best in all situations. I might finally cert a scope now.
  17. Kurohagane

IRNV even though situational, was pretty much godlike at close range, and the little delay is a nice touch to balance it out but the scope sway thing is utter ******* ********.
  18. Pella

Back to Iron sights it is :(
    • Up x 4
  19. Redshift

Gonna have to drop to low settings now to be able to see anything :/ i feel sorry for all the infiltrators, they're doomed now
    • Up x 1
  20. P4NJ

I see a lot of people who play in dark rooms on highest brightness with good vision and good monitors find this change good... ever thought about the others? Who have to use IRNV to play during the night in various places?
    • Up x 3