Planetside 2 too many hackers, or too much skill?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FROG55JON, Jun 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FROG55JON

I began playing planetside 2 on release but since then have been off and on, only have just over 2 days play time so excuse my ignorance.

In your opinion what percentage of players use third party software to improve how effective they are in game? As I do not have much in game experience the assumption was that 90% of the players were in fact just that little bit better.

The reason why Mrs heavy infantry vanu was able to turn around 150 m away and kill me within seconds after placing a bolt action round between her shoulder blades was experience.

The reason why Mr T9 carv was able to pinpoint my exact location in building X without giving him reason or cause was experience. In this example the dude literally sprinted into the building without caution or concern, nonchalantly stood over me as I was crouching in the corner cloaked stabbing me twice. In the death animation (sorry don't know what to call it, the 3rd person panout accompanied by a short blues track.) I found it odd he did not take time to investigate the building further almost like he was certain I was the only person there.

So am I bad, or are too many people cheating?
  2. Roarboar

Personally I havent seen all that many blatant cheaters, though its obviously a lot more difficult to know when someone is simply wallhacking.
  3. Fned

By any chance did Mr. T9Carv, or one of his allies, drive, say, a Flash up to or near the building you were in?

Against Ms. Heavy Infantry Vanu, did you immedately cloak after firing?
    • Up x 1
  4. FROG55JON

No reason for him to be know my exact location, No darts ects.

I have been in this situation move than once cloaking does not seem to make a difference.

How bad is the hacking problem in PS2?
  5. Joram

Its almost imposible to know how many people have +10% movement speed or an extra 10% headshot rate, most of the time is people making up excuses because someone outplay them. The low TTK certainly doesnt help to know if someone is cheating or not.
  6. Haterade

There's been a lot of complaining on the forums about hacking on Mattherson lately, but I rarely see hackers on Waterson.
  7. ent|ty

I know there are cheaters out there... I see them once in awhile...

But when every 2nd or third enemy looks like they're cheating..

Its because the server is lagging again and/or fps is low.
  8. ColdCheezePizza

Could have been a Flash with radar parked nearby or maybe he was playing on low, cloak isn't completely invisible even on high graphic settings, he also could have heard you cloaking/uncloaking making it obvious an infil was somewhere in the building, I've often been able to pinpoint an infils exact location just from the sound alone thanks to my surround headphones and sound card.

2 days total play time might seem like alot until you realize how many players have hundreds of combined hours put into this ontop of years of fps experience.
  9. Kronic

Well on Miller I almost never see a hacker these days. Closer to release there was a decent amount but still pretty rare.
  10. TommyXXL

i think we will have big surprises if every top 500 player will be inspected at least 1 hour per day for 1 week, wallhacks and chest aimbotts are impossible to prove with a /report thing. i play fps games since quake 2 and counter strike, but the so called skill of some planetside players is just.. over the top, that or a 3rd party program helping them.
    • Up x 1
  11. Goretzu

There's rarely any blatent hackers, how many are using ESP or detuned stuff is another thing.
  12. Marked4Death

You wouldn't know if there was a parked stealth & radar flash nearby as they are silent when parked. Also ESF radars can go to 200m - kind of ridiculous but true.

I actually did (almost) the same thing as MR carv today, Was firing off infi darts to find another infi, but he didn't show up on radar as he was still or I didn't get the darts close enough. A friendly ESF came over and the guy lit up on the mini map. Quick change to LA and I was a few metres from killing him when the ESF rocketed him clean off the roof.

Also, I feel the skill f many players is a lot higher that it was at launch. If you take a break form the game, prepare to warm up a bit before you go on kill streaks again.

Check out some of the guys that stream. Some of them just school dudes 24x7 and look legit to me.
    • Up x 1
  13. Corporate Thug

There are lots of reasons to why that HA came in and went directly for you. Perhaps you did not hear the flash or what ever vehicle with scout radar equipped, but it allowed him to know exactly where you are. I usually have no problems finding infiltrators or seeing them in buildings cloaked for that matter. Infiltrators are much harder to find when they're playing around their team mates as you will usually be too distracted to find one cloaky guy.

You said Heavy Infantry, that is a bit far for a standard LMG, perhaps he was using a battle rifle? Was it an Eidolon?

Don't get discouraged. It takes time to figure out your play style and how you can be effective in this game. For me, I only died in zergs during my first few days and found out that I'm much better solo as I know to rely on only myself instead of **** team mates that don't pay attention or push. Even when I have to play in zergs now I know I need to separate myself from the main group to maintain a good K/D.

Perhaps sniping isn't your thing, try out a SMG if you don't have one so that the next HA that comes in gets blitzed in the face.

There are still hackers as a mate and myself saw one yesterday teleporting a bit too much to simply be lag and btw are there hacks to give small movement increases? That would make a lot of sense as I occasionally see super strafers when my FPS is 70+.
    • Up x 1
  14. mina5

also there is 3 stages of cloak remember it .
    Radar is bossible and when you are alone every one is "looking" for cloakers specially when they hear cloak sound .
  15. Panssarikauha

I have not seen -blatant- hackers in months now. After launch they were much more prolific and obvious. Those guys got sorted out. Now and again I get dropped really fast and become suspicious, but I guess it could just be someone getting lucky or something.

Hackers dont bother be no more
  16. Jkar

Scout radar has already been mentioned, as long as you're not cloaked it will show your location in a rather large radius. Recently I had an infiltrator run into me and turn tail to go around a corner to hide. He actually did it right and tried to crouch while being cloaked but either the cloak had bugged out or he moved the mouse while doing so because I could see him pretty darn well almost as if he was running.

So there's also the question of bugs, even in first person sometimes the cloak doesn't reset to totally transparent when crouching and being still.

After a while of playing you'll also know the most likely places where people will try to ambush you and you can come around the corner and be ready or even shoot first because they have to cover multiple angles of approach into the room.
  17. InMedeasRage

ESP is, to my knowledge, not something the GM's can detect. ADS-activated, angle of acquisition restricted aimbots would also be something the GM's had a hard time differentiating from a top-tier player.

There's not much that can combat #1, #2 can be killed off by detailed per-weapon,per-player accuracy/head-shot/time played statistics.
  18. Snib

Well, if you just watch someone sprint into a building and come straight at you and allow him to knife you then you're just bad. He cannot fire at you while sprinting and it takes a while to ready the gun from a sprint so you had all the time in the world to put some bullets in his head.

That aside, it really is mostly experience. People always try to hide in the same spots in buildings. Experienced players will aim for headshots for double damage while players new to FPS might not (you said yourself you're sniping between the shoulder blades - so it is no surprise that a HA with more health than your infiltrator kills you faster than you kill them).

There might be the occasional cheater (there are too many bugs, lags and desync for me to know if someone is cheating) but in a game of thousands of players I can't say I care much.
  19. Jaxxx

The hacking has definitely been up lately, but there are a lot of VERY good players out there too that use every tool in the game to kill you with. You may have been in the vicinity of a radar flash or someone may have spotted you. There are too man variables.
  20. SpcFarlen

Person hears a shot fired from an enemy sniper riffle in a nearby building, or you were spotted. Person walks inside building and hears infiltrator cloak (again faction specific sound). Looks in good hiding places and sees you. Instead of just filling you with bullets they decide to knife instead. Kind of as a "F you too buddy".

Guy turns around, spams Q at where he thinks you might be, probably looking for a high area or a place they think would be a good vantage point. Your durito pops up, he aims and fires. Or he sees your silhouette against an object, layers are quite rounded and nothing in the environment really comes close. Not to mention camos may not match what you are standing on, so you can reallystand out.

~
    Each one of those instances ive done many times to infiltrators. If your first shot hits and it doesnt kill, cloak immediately they now have a direction fire indicator. Time to tell their buddy where you might be, suddenly you have several guns pointed in your direction and people spamming Q.

If you are sniping from a building, change location frequently. Buildings limit your available areas of attack. Enemies will be looking for windows, door frames and roofs for you. So make them work hard to find you, more often than not they will give up because its just one of you and it taking them too much time.

Also be careful about using cloak. Many infiltrators use it as a crutch to be unseen but forget about the audible noise that is direction and faction specific. Sitting in a corner and cloaking repeatedly is like having a homing beacon on you beeping. Anyone around you hears the cloak and the direction, so use it sparingly. Also with sound, use motion sensor sparingly. It also can alert enemies to your location because when they hear the sound, yet dont see the pulse on their minimap, its a sign a hostile infiltrator is near. Sound is your worst enemy when hidden.

Play smart. When picking a sniping spot look at all areas that you might be attacked from. Dont let yourself become exposed like standing in the middle of a hill or ontop of a large rock. If you can see them, they can see you. So limit your view to only what you can see in your scope, or a little more by using cover. This means you can see if someone is looking your way and can better defend yourself.

To play infiltrator well, you have to play smart.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.