STOP Latice!!! or give us a server without one.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jbkappirossi, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Kitsunami

Problem with that is numbers game.

Case in point, when say six or seven enemy outfits do the same tactics as us and rush, and you start to lose territory across the board, how do you counter that with one outfit?

Answer: You dont. There was no way to pick a point and hold it out, because they would simply go around you. Your only choke points were the warp gate, and that is just boring.
    • Up x 1
  2. Nocturnal7x

No, lattice is awesome, and no outfits complain about it making them irrelevant. None of the ones that matter anyway or ever made a difference in the game.

Ya see, the problem with the hex system was too many places to attack, and as a result too many places to defend. This lead to a lot of empty base capping and very little defending. This game was attack, and if you want to defend your best bet was counter attack. Now people know where the force is going a lot of the time, this has lead to base being defended.

The game is what it should be now, at least on indar, epic.
    • Up x 8
  3. Chipay

No, because the population that voted is the population that is currently playing with hex Amerish and Esamir.
  4. Paisty

A bit full of yourself aren't ya?

Defending, also known as camping from what I have witnessed on Indar lately, is not why I play an FPS. I do not care about my KDR, so sniping from a rock outcrop, on the side of the road, in the middle of no where for 35- 40 minutes at a time is not an engaging form of entertainment to me.

I also find ramming myself head long into a 200 man enemy zerg to be pretty boring. But with the terrain "improvememnts" flanking is not an option. There is not enough room in the funnels for the defenders not to have everything covered, from simple pop density.

Then lets not overlook the new added feature: Traffic jams you cannot go around.

Yeah, they removed alot of elements that made PS2 fun. SOE even made ghost capping simple and epic in the hex system, to prepare for "The Lettuce".

***** Another poster said something along the lines of "but all the paying people are supporting Lettuce so it's happening......"

This is simply not true and if SOE believes it is, the income decline is going to be a rude awakening.

I will not be spending anymore money on PS2. The game I was playing seems to be closing down, and I do not value the replacement.
    • Up x 1
  5. maxkeiser

Basically this. I'm not spending any more money either. And I had spent my fair share.
  6. ShureShot

Oh really? 1 guy can still cap a base. I still see squads and even platoons zerging into bases with 0 defenders instead of joining a fight. You call that fixed?

And the lattice system now forces you to take a certain base, that's not the same as incentivise.
    • Up x 1
  7. GraphicJ

To be fair that's a game mode in BF3 not the whole game itself. Battlefield was knows for the sandbox Conquest game mode. 'Rush' (similar to Lattice) was added way after.

Personally for me I'm 50/50 on the Lattice. I like it because your team works together to achieve the goal and win the battle. On the other han it belittles the smaller outfits.

My solution would be that it would take 4-5 people to allow to cap a base that is adjacent to the hex. Before it just took one person to cap a base which is a bit silly.
  8. Hosp

It belittles smaller outfits if those outfits are incapable of persevering and improving themselves tactically and skill wise as individuals. Said this over a dozen times, our small outfit is working better than ever.
    • Up x 2
  9. PhiladelphiaCollins

Lattice is fine. It's not going anywhere. Get used to it.
    • Up x 6
  10. St0mpy

Yep, its funny how people expect to just stay in their battles and not have the rest of the continent cap, if it does its not good tactics, its ghost cappers and why should they move from their fight to retake territory.

Its like they have to feel like their 1 eye sees all and if its out of control its a bad game and needs to be slowed down.

Instead of a landscape of war with many battles around it, now we are forced into the same battles and the war has been largely prepared for us.

Since there was always zergs its funny how they can still join their big fight on hex or lattice, but now a lot of people who found pleasure in 50 or 80 player battles are told your playstyle is unwanted, zerg or leave.
    • Up x 1
  11. deggy

I don't like lattice because it encourages (forces?) players to follow roads. Even on the Indar desert, lattice links follow roads. It's like they expect me to not drive my Rival 3 hover tank off road to avoid tank mines. What, are we no longer allowed to decide where to go?

Just add more lattice links. Make it a mathematical thing, like "If two facilities share more than 4 hex borders, they're linked".
  12. PhiladelphiaCollins

Feel free to stop being so obtuse any time now.

......what is this I don't even.
  13. Jestunhi

How often is there only 1 base open to attack for your faction using the lattice system?

Even if warpgated you would have 3 options...
    • Up x 1
  14. BlakeA

I would be interested to see what kind of hybrid (hex/lattice) you guys could come up with. There are tons of people voicing their strong opinions on this topic. Constructive suggestions on how to improve the game are most welcome!
  15. PhiladelphiaCollins

Overvalued self importance more like it. "Tons" of people is still a misrepresentation of the entire community as a whole. The fact indar is population locked daily is one indication, as well as the votes for Lattice coming to Esamir/Amerish in the roadmap.
    • Up x 3
  16. Cab00se187

Now listen closely little lattice haters: You don't have to cap bases in order to be effective. You can do sneak attacks, disrupt the other factions fights, secure bridges, prevent enemy from leaving their warpgate, or join in the huge battle with the rest of the players.

Like it or not it's coming to the other continents especially once they release Hosin
    • Up x 2
  17. skeeter1337

lollol you do know servers cost money
  18. Deronok

I'm sure SoE will do this you. As soon as they get done taking a massive pile of money and setting it on fire. Give them time.
  19. Terrex

Lattice has made the same fights at the same spots occur more.
  20. Zorlox

I don't see why every map needs it. As I've mentioned before, something other than terrain that varies between maps might be a good thing. it's not like the majority don't stick to one map because there's nothing special about every other map except where the trees and hills are.
    price of a server is a joke compared to the lowest salary they have to pay. but it's certainly not what I'd want to see, we don't need another server up to lower pops on the ones we have.