STOP Latice!!! or give us a server without one.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by jbkappirossi, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Machine Spirit

it destroys tactics? you mean that ''avoid the battle entirely'' tactic.. yeah it destroyed that one.. it destroyed it gooooooooood.
    • Up x 4
  2. maxkeiser

I would love Esamir to stay Hex. You get the best battles there now. And the best opportunity for proper platoon work.
    • Up x 1
  3. maxkeiser

Good post and I mostly agree. The hex was removed far too quickly in favour of a rat-run/maze type BF3 rush solution. I would rather they worked on the hex and kept what was a wonderful sandbox game instead of dumbing the whole thing down.
  4. Katana

I hate this game without lattice.
    I enjoy it with lattice.

I also get the impression people think 'teamplay' is 'ghost capping' and 'tactics' is 'ghost capping'.

Want teamplay? Flank in a battle situation. Drop behind. Drop a gen. Black ops stuff, it's hard, it's supposed to be, successful battle tactics are supposed to be difficult, as opposed to, you know, cat and mouse ghost capping.

Being able to quickly ghost cap **** isn't team play it's just annoying.
    • Up x 2
  5. maxkeiser

This is fine. That doesn't mean we shouldn't have a continent or server WITHOUT lattice though, does it?
  6. Katana

Depends how the devs want the game played. Do they want a continent soaking up 20% of the total pop? What a waste of a perfectly good continent.
  7. Meowmar Katafy

Put lattice on all Cont but one and every server that way we can all don't worry be happy
  8. NccWarp9

Really ? Do you remember when it was needed to have 3 people on the point ? Influence system ? That was thrilling, this **** is just boring. A simple adjustment could have solved everything but they introduced the lettuce, yes the lettuce system.Indar is my least favorite place since lattice. Its populated by idiots and idiot farmers.

Some nights now I find my self playing without an outfit as its not needed. Just follow the Zerg and farm those idiots. Its idiotic.
    • Up x 2
  9. NccWarp9

Remove lettuce and bring back influence system with increased minimal number of people on the point. And problem solved. But noooo they went and **** ****** everything.
  10. Noppa

That was allready added before lattice(alltought it is part of it), it rly dosnt change anything if there is 0 or 6 standing in the point.. if the attacker was on the point 90% of the times the bases was lost allready.
  11. Collin

All I hear is tactics without any combat

The problem with the hex system is the ghost capping and the game becomes a huge merry go around. Tactics needs to be inside a battle. Flanking manovers or good placed beacons are the way to go.

The hex system support single campers waiting for some poor souls trying to recap a base. thats not a tactic thats just annoying. Cloakers sitting in corners or LA C4 the Cappoint.

Get real spec ops targets like techgens to bring down or even better flight gens so to deny the enemy a benifit. That place needs to be defendable.

Complaining about the Lattice System is just an excuse for not beeing able to move under pressure and get some real tactics.

The general that hearkens to my counsel and acts upon it, will conquer: let such a one be retained in command! The general that hearkens not to my counsel nor acts upon it, will suffer defeat: let such a one be dismissed!
    • Up x 2
  12. EvilPhd

Lattice pissed off a good 1/3 of the community, which is a significant amount.
    I guess that's what you call collateral damage.

They took a chess board and made it something else. It's not the same game.
    They are not reverting back as proven as their haste to shove it on to the other continents before they get it somewhat right on one.
    Putting the cart before the horse isn't the brightest thing in the world IMO.

The writing is on the wall. Find another primary game.

A few of you are looking for improvision or compromise and that's admirable.
    I know the devs see these forms...at least a few of them do. They are very aware of the collateral damage that the lattice did. I just don't think there's enough people in the game that care for in depth games. They just want to log in pew pew and log out. They don't care about the overall scheme of the continent, or locking, or faction gains. Pew pew CERTS yeah and log out. There are more of those grunts than there are people wanting to play a thinking game in here. So there you go.

You have a PS1 vet community that is trying to put the cart before the horse.
    You can't shove it down people's throat like that. You could have started with a viable resource system that is "mined" or gathered, then added your ANT runs or whatever. PS1 was made for a much smaller community...but keep up with the shoving your stuff down people's throat. Perhaps the population will drop to a point where it works.

MLG is going to tear the community apart even further.
    I can't wait for people to be invited to it. Then have the realization that they are forbidden from doing half the things they normally do because it's not in the opinion of the l33ts "balanced".
    • Up x 1
  13. NccWarp9

Avoid actual gameplay ? what You afraid of meting me in a empty base, just you and me on a point ? That's why you were avoiding going to save your base that been caped because you know you will be there alone against 1-3 other players. You not so confident in your ability so you have to be part of a mob ? Im so sorry ....

Running with a zerg ? running into fights is not bravery when you are surrounded by hundreds of players. That way you have statistically greater chance of surviving or what I call cowardice.
    But 1v1

When I go "ghostcapping" I do it expecting the enemy will show up and face me. If not, **** them, they will loose territory until they do.
  14. zukhov

By that logic 4/5th of the population will leave if the lattice doesn't get implemented on Amerish and Esamir.
  15. NccWarp9

****, that was beautifly worded and Im left speechless.
  16. Collin

Thats not 1v1, you placed mines and have a view of the surrounding + defence in such a scale is much easier then attacking. You force another player a gameplay he does not want thats exactly the COD attitude

The general that hearkens to my counsel and acts upon it, will conquer: let such a one be retained in command! The general that hearkens not to my counsel nor acts upon it, will suffer defeat: let such a one be dismissed!
    • Up x 1
  17. Van Dax

but lettuce is ferntastic.
  18. NccWarp9

OUT THINK THE ENEMY FORCE ? what have you been smoking I want some because there is no thinking involved, it all drown on the map it self.
    Please enlighten me how you use thinking in lettuce ?

Lett me inform you how it worked prior to lettuce.
    Situation: VS right bottom WG. MAssive TR zerg at Allatum bio lab 2 platoons vs 1 platoon of VS.
    I looked at the map and realized that if I bring my platoon to the fight the numbers would be 50/50 but most of the people there were getting tired as they defended the bio lab for a couple of hours and even with a new platoon up it would be a tossup who won.
    The logical solution to this problem was to open up another front. So I took my platoon up north towards TR wg expecting that TR will respond to my incursion on their territory by responding to it and thus giving the defenders at the bio lag some breathing room.
    It wasn't until we basically warpgated the TR that they responded but they responded and bio lab was saved from overwhelming force.

I think we have different opinons what this game represents.
    To me it represented a RTS first and FPS second. And I believe a open sandbox game is just that. This **** that they created.. this lettuce **** is abomination and destroyed any thinking involved, its just Zerg this Zerg That. ... Yes, ghostcapping is annoying and should be. You can chose to stop it and redeploy your forces or not and loose territory, a perfectly viable gameplay element as described in situation above.
    Also it was less annoying two changes ago with influence and players needed to be at the point.
  19. NccWarp9

more as a lot of people did not know there was a vote
  20. Phazaar

Agreed with OP.