R.I.P Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DMan6505, Jun 1, 2013.

1. DMan6505

These pictures were taken today (Saturday) at 8:20PM CEST (Prime time):
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Along with the usual TR overpop the server felt so empty. The only regions with 48+ enemies were the ones where both enemies were fighting each other. While on woodman (the recommended server) there were huge fights going-on on all continents (and a full Indar and Esamir duting an Esamir alert) and a balanced population, Miller is slowly sinking to the bottom.
    • Up x 4
  2. Badname3073

• Up x 2
  3. IronWarrior

Funny you show that, because one hour before you took them screenshots during the Indar alert, the balance between each faction was fair with a slight TR lead.

I could show screenshots of NC or VS with higher pops during the day too, the pop changes.
  4. Qaz

yeah, but right now it's completely insane. i just logged because we didn't have the pop to sustain a proper fight on a single continent. an imbalance as massive as this happens extremely rarely, but it also makes playing not fun/impossible. just hope that this isn't happening more frequently, and maybe don't triple cap during the day/late night for the lulz.

P.S.: Right now is also prime-time. 8 p.m. BST.
  5. Stellus

I think it's more about the lack of hotspots rather than pop balances. It looks dead compared to Waterson.
  6. TintaBux

Errm your not talking about reality, look at the facts and the real situation. TR has a over population problem on Miller far worse than ever the last 2 weeks.

http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=10&timezone=0
    • Up x 2
  7. DMan6505

I didn't open this thread to discuss about the TR over pop. I just wanted to show that even on Saturday night (the time when the servers are at highest capacity) Miller is just a ghost server.
  8. Luighseach

If you log because of pop imbalance then so be it but I just look at it as more people to shoot at. You may say how is it fair when you are constantly outnumbered. You change your play style, outfits coordinate better, and overall don't get discouraged. I remember when NC was constantly outnumbered on Jaeger at launch because everyone hated our warpgate locations and felt the NC were UP.

The NC just adapted and were pretty feared at launch. We could do more with smaller numbers than we can now. Seems being the Under-pop usually builds a stronger base because the ones who are fed up leave and the dedicated remain.
  9. TintaBux

Its population is same as the other EU servers, in fact its pretty damn even with Woodmann for activity. I guess your not looking in the right places for a fight.
  10. JOups

While you all should feel ashamed of your wining about TR Pop ( To be honest, the true TR players which ply TR only hate the fact too. Overpop sucks.). Take it, and hope SOE will do something against it.

The real Problem i Guees is, that Miller loses more and more players. You are right. Somehow, it feels empty..
    So what they have to do is, put it back to recommended server so we will get new players..
    Woodman and Cobalt. Both are fine. Miller is just a bit lower.. at least it feels like this.
  11. pica

I've been playing on woodman today instead of Miller, it's gonna be a pain certing all my crap up again but I can't really be arsed with the TR overpopulation anymore.
    • Up x 1
  12. LordMondando

Ashamed, why?
  13. TintaBux

Cobalt? Has even less activity.

The difference on Miller is the fights are more tactical, instead of consistent zerging, even on Indar with the rush lanes, Miller PS1 vet outfit/players focus more on tactical game play, you often get outfits just doing tactical rolls like on top of a big hill wasting armor/troops in coming, cutting zergs of before they get into the action, more split up from other players on their faction.

Though of course the main problem along with TR over pop is not many new players at all joining Miller, but that's the same with most PS2 servers, just the recommended servers will get more of those new players, even if its only small a few, it will make a difference.
  14. IronWarrior

TR has a extra 1000 characters according to a other stats site where each faction has about 10k characters. That doesn't even work out to be 2/1.

The link that shows it is no longer working anymore for some reason.
  15. Joram

16. LibertyRevolution

TR has 42% world pop, and you think that is a problem?
    I have seen waterson at 60% TR world pop...
  17. DMan6505

As I said, while woodman had 2 full continents, miller had maybe 5 "12-24 enemies detected" fights scattered on all continents.
  18. TintaBux

There's very little difference in population, as data shows.

The difference on Miller is the fights are more tactical, instead of consistent zerging, even on Indar with the rush lanes, Miller PS1 vet outfit/players focus more on tactical game play, you often get outfits just doing tactical rolls like on top of a big hill wasting armor/troops in coming, cutting zergs of before they get into the action, more split up from other players on their faction. The players are also much more mature and skilled on Miller than Woodmann, the fights are more scattered as there's allot of leaders who just tactically minded, playing tactical roles away from zergs to help their faction.

Though of course the main problem along with TR over pop is not many new players at all joining Miller, but that's the same with most PS2 servers, just the recommended servers will get more of those new players, even if its only small a few, it will make a difference.
  19. S1eB

Woodman and Miller need to be merged.
  20. DMan6505

I don't know where you get your data but please just try to play on woodman for 1 hour and then come back and tell me that there is no difference in population (not speaking about faction imbalance).