[Suggestion] The Ultimate Thread Dedicated to Refurbishing TR as a Faction (Part 2)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 26, 2013.

1. Leyor

Very good post.

I like that the suggestions are well thought through, and I think these changes would improve the enjoyment of TR players.
    That being said, I do think that they need to fix NC as a faction in regards to balance first. It's not good when an entire faction is disenfranchised, as we can see by the fourth faction fleeing like rats from a sunken ship.
  2. EliteEskimo

Hmm you make a fair point in that the NC attention to, as do all factions, but how will the developers know how to get to them first and what to fix if someone from the NC doesn't make their own Ultimate Refurbishment thread?
  3. Undeadfred

I'd like to see more mobility with as a TR trait. It's already part of our theme or lore. Having marginally faster vehicles (5kph faster tank) but it's never been explored in any meaningful way. Perhaps faction specific on use utility could be added (your f button ability).

Perhaps people are getting use out of lockdown, I've seen it used by burster maxes, and seen in used to camp teleports or gravlift landing pads, but it's use is pretty much limited in deploying in a fight where victory is already assured. Mobility in this game is life. You stand still for any period of time and you will die. I've yet seen a max lockdown in a large clutch fight and survive.

Lockdown is the best thing to happen to c4.
    • Up x 2
  4. Leyor

Indeed, I wish I was better at crunching stats or we had more NC forum warriors :)
    Hopefully Sony can pull data and see the problems.
  5. Pat Cleburne

NC has been the highest populated faction on almost every server for the past couple of months. It was only when ZOE was released and the warpgate changed gu09 that NC started to bleed again.

If that is all it takes to make NC players jump ship, I feel for the faction.
    • Up x 2
  6. Liberty

I like the suggestions for TR infantry weapons, the only thing I'd change is rather than going back to revamp the old ones I'd push forward with new ones that are more true to the TR spirit of things. Kind of "As the war progresses TR military R&D has come up with...." The advantage to that is three fold. First people don't have to relearn how to handle what were familiar guns. Second it provides SOE a chance for more revenue, new guns = money. And third it provides more variety within the faction if balanced well.

I'd love to see some 900 - 1000 RPM weapons out there with the damage adjusted accordingly. For the "ROF" faction in the future its a little sad we can't at least match the French FAMAS which cranks out somewhere between 900 - 1100 RPM which was made when, back in the 70's or 80's?
    • Up x 1
  7. Benton!

TBH, all factions are kinda stale right now. I stopped playing NC for a bit and went VS for a bit of a change up. I think the TR need to stop whining, we all have it the same.

[IMG]

Oh, and also, RPM is the deciding factor in this game because it's much easier to spray a target thats moving in three vectors then shooting them with single bullets, or low RoF. Same reason why the battle rifles are trash. Automatic infantry weps are accurate to almost battle rifle distance, so RoF is king. If you want a 1000rpm gun, expect damage in the 75-90 area.
  8. Zorro

It is excellent how the original thread has been refined, improved, and abridged. I could not agree more, and you would be a suitable developer for SOE.
    • Up x 1
  9. EliteEskimo

I've said multiple times that all factions need improvement and that I have only have enough experience to make an ultimate thread for the Terran Republic. I've made very detailed and well laid out points about what is wrong with the Terran Republic. This is not a whine thread by any stretch of the imagination. I'm very loyal to the TR and I love Planetside 2 which is why I've spent countless hours making and maintaining this thread and part one of it. It wouldn't be right or fair for me to do one for the VS/NC. Oh and if I were have to have a 1000 rpm gun I'd be fine with low damage like 90, because it would have to have lower damage to be balanced. Many TR have said they would be okay with this already. I've got NC/VS players backing me up on this thread to, and you can bet I'd back any of them up if they made their own refurbishment thread. :cool:
    • Up x 1
  10. EliteEskimo

I feel the same as you do about adjusting weapon damage accordingly while giving them a higher ROF. In terms of weapon design I'm more for a mixed approached like what they are doing now, they are remodeling some of TR's weapons right now and then future ones will likely look and feel more unique.
  11. EliteEskimo

I think it will take more than that, I don't think they play the game enough to know all the problems or else back when the NC Max was god mode indoors wouldn't have lasted for 6 months straight. That and the Magrider wouldn't have had more kills than the Vanguard and Prowler combined for 2-4 months. That's part of what convinced me to make this thread. The developers may find out the problems eventually, but handing them what the entire community thinks (more or less) in a neatly formed thread like this should greatly speed up the process. Now I just need a message/comment from Higby so I know he is using this valuable feed back.
  12. Dingus148

I think this is going to be the smartest/most reasonable way to do this. I'd still like to see a balance pass over all weapons (now flinch has been removed) and I'd still love to see my 'more imaginary bullets' solution implemented on some of the weapons...but hey. If we have to settle for 'just' new weapons feeling like proper TR weapons, that's still a solid win.
  13. AntonioAJC

That's the problem, we all have the same, there are no unique weapons on the game for each faction that make up for the empire's lore and traits.
    • Up x 1
  14. Dingus148

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  15. Benton!

we all know your the real troll
  16. Dingus148

*you're

Your browser has a spellcheck. Keep an eye out for those squiggly red lines! Also, go away.
  17. EliteEskimo

Thanks for the complement Zorro, it would be a pretty darn cool job to have and I'm glad you like the new thread, lets hope Higby sees it and comments on it so we know he's watching and listening.:)
  18. Blarg20011

Maybe we can summon Him?

HIG-BY! HIG-BY! HIG-BY! OH GREAT AND WISE ONE, YE OF THE MOST MAJESTIC HAIR, WILL YOU GRACE US WITH THINE PRESENCE?

*sacrifices goat*

In other news, the T5-AMC now actually has its new model, I like it. The Blackjack barrel shroud looks good on carbines, not so much on LMGs though.
    • Up x 2
  19. NoClipMyst

That dosen't mean that we should be boring to play as.
  20. Jube

Well then, if that is how you feel, why not start a thread on that subject and use this one as your model?
    It seems to me all the factions need to be tuned up and threads as well done as this one are far more likely to get the Dev's attention.
    • Up x 4