New ESF 3rd person view

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pella, May 29, 2013.

1. Pella

Not sure yet. Or perhaps one of those things i need to get used to again.

But initial thoughts i'm not impressed. And feel sick. But it does force you to look at the air around you suppose to the ground.

Whats your thoughts?

Test server footage. So its not final.

2. TeknoBug

I'm sure that's bugged as a few infantry weapons has that bug as well. It reminds me of the roof cam on racing cars, it gives a new perspective on rocket podding.
  3. Tekuila

Great, more esf nerfs.
    • Up x 5
  4. Pella

Its from the test server. Go try it.
  5. Kirseva

Imagine trying to pull off maneuvers while being locked into first person.
  6. TheBillOf3D

I wish my hat switch worked. I could stay in the cockpit view more and position myself better.
  7. NoctD

SOE should just delete air from the game, instead of wasting their time with further nerfs. They could go making more decals and cooler looking infantry gun models instead of wasting their time on air.

Pella - you should realize by now that you made a pact with the devil, SOE has no interest in redesigning air whatsoever except to eliminate it from the game as much as they possibly can.
    • Up x 2
  8. Pella

I dont see it all that bad. Adds a new Dynamic Dog fighting.
  9. NoctD

That's your problem then. Enjoy dog fighting with yourself someday, cause the population of targets you'll have is going to diminish into nothingness soon enough.
  10. sindz

6,5 min video. Where does the actual part begin?

EDIT.

Oh begins early.

It looks like a bug more than anything
  11. Pella

0:00 The video starts. That's usually standard..
    • Up x 2
  12. Darkard

Might be a step towards having 3rd person HUD's or crosshairs on ESF's?
    Or it might be a bug they introduced when trying to adjust camera controls for something else.
  13. Jaeger TR player

I detest the fact that the latest games allow 3rd person vehicle views. If it was up to me, I'd get rid of it entirely. The odd time that I decide to fly and actually dogfight, I refuse to use it for the same reason I refuse to use shotguns.

What I want is no 3rd person view BUT allow me to control my ESF and where I'm looking out of my cockpit independantly.
  14. Littleman

Third person has changed.

This surely is the death of air.

Because flak and lock-ons weren't bad enough, eh?
  15. sindz

No, as it starts with you spawning and running and changing continent. And you would be surprised how many 10-20min videos there is on this forum, to show case 30sec worth of footage.
  16. GuraKKa

I barely use 3rd person view anyways.
    I know it is a flaw of my gameplay, losing all that view range, a waste.
    But, when I play my Scythe I get immersed into the Pilot role I learned to love, and leaving to 3rd person view just screw my flying experience.
    I use sounds, movement prediction and sometimes even cockpit view, but barely 3rd person view.
  17. Radec594

The worst thing about PS2's aircraft 3rd person, is that freelook doesn't work with it.
    • Up x 4
  18. Van Dax

My personal opinion is that 3rd person is in general a bad thing to allow, but I see there is a large split in the player base in this regard with some people wanting it gone and others who want cross hairs and HUD elements while in third person. To me having a third person view that can in no way be explained through external camera view is bad and gives too much situational awareness, but I only really flew in the good old days of X-wing and its spin offs so that's just my personal history bleeding into my opinions.

However the it makes me feel sick I don't really understand, I get carsick really easily and the primary reason of it is the internal view of the car and the outside world not matching up confuses my brain apparently. With this change I find it to be less sickening to use third person as my perspective is bound to what I'm watching creating no logical disconnects in my brainzors. Plus I think it'll work better and not worse for maneuvering upside down.
  19. TintaBux

Delete all vehicles and be done with it, simple solution.
  20. tZonkD

Hmmm not sure what i think yet. On one hand it does seem to match first person aimpoint better and no more nutty camera pan. then on the other it does seem like it would be less effective to track / acquire targets this way.