ZOE is balanced, TR/NC finally scared of VS MAXes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by InMedeasRage, May 26, 2013.

1. InMedeasRage

NC MAXes: crawling around confined spaces with insta-gib guns, running around with dual ravens gibbing tanks, generally making a no-go zone wherever they hole up. We all learned long ago not to run right into the face of an NC MAX, if you do this now, you're simply dumb.

TR MAXes: Mid range killing power, very scary to armor at even extreme range with the Fracture, can gib infantry with a couple Fracture direct hits. We all learned to focus fire and kill them fast or completely ignore them and murder their support first. Doing a mix is a bad way to go.

VS MAXes: Used to be completely laughable. No one was afraid of the VS MAX, even after the great Nebula/Blueshift buffs we weren't really taken seriously. Suddenly, ZOE arrives and we have an advantage on par with the short range stopping power of the NC MAXes or the long range killing power of the TR MAXes and everyone loses their ******* minds. Its pretty simple, we're scary now and you're all going to have to learn to play against this new ability.

You won't be able to just run up with a pump shotgun like you used to. You won't be able to spike us with a decimator like you used to. You will actually have to use team tactics to take down a VS MAX, remarkably like how we have had to use team tactics to take down a TR or NC MAX these past few months. Shocking!

With regards to vehicles: Oh look, now we're as frightening to your Prowler/Vanguard/Lightning as the Fracture and Raven are! Except we aren't using our shiny new glancer guns, we're falling back on an oft-maligned hold over that has neither projectile speed nor wire-guidance, just the speed of the MAX to get that gun into position at greatly increased risk to the user.
    • Up x 36
  2. Ned

ZoE is nowhere near balanced. Why? Not only is it too powerful with the speed increase but unlike the Aegis shield and Lockdown it is NOT situational, as a VS max you keep it on all the time to heavily increase your killing power with such a minor penalty to your damage taken it isnt even noticeable.

Aegis shield - use when taking heavy fire or for advancing
    Lockdown - use when guarding a point
    ZoE - keep on all the time no matter what

It WILL be nerfed, that much is guaranteed, there is no point arguing it is balanced, it is not and it will be nerfed.
    • Up x 40
  3. Xae

uh? The damage taken penalty is huge.

It means even with Flack Armor 5 a HEAT, AP, C4, AV Grenade, Decimator or Dumbfire will one shot them.

The way stacking works it is a MASSIVE damage increase from small arms.

Remember they are going from 80% DR to 55% DR.

So instead of 143 x .2 = 28.6 it is 143 x.45 = 64.35
    • Up x 5
  4. Dis

ZOE is relatively balanced against good, organized and halfway intelligent players.

It is unbelievably overpowered against the derp herd.
    • Up x 28
  5. Drealgrin

concussion grenade turns ZOE into a death sentence.

Use brains.
    • Up x 6
  6. theholeyone

Both Ned and Xae are mistaken, no way will I keep ZOE on against sustained small arms fire, 2.6x the damage taken in that situation (assuming max kinetic). Against armor/explosives it becomes a range based tradeoff between likelihood of throwing off their aim through movement, and damage taken/given increase, in addition to becoming a beacon for targeting. And Xae, C4 is the only one that will one shot a ZOE max out of that list, tank rounds and dumbfires are about 3/4 of full damage taken, not sure about AV grenades though.
    • Up x 5
  7. Fenrisk

Organised players use C4, anti-tank nades, rockets against max's. Funny how all them tactics are far less effective against a max moving at infantry speed or faster.

Now we have herds of ZOE's running around like the new Vanu heavy assault class. I guess all the other factions have to roll heavy with concussion grenades and a grenade band just to deal with the new infantry gameplay eh?
    • Up x 12
  8. BraSS

People were saying that about NC maxs for months but no one listened and they got nerfed, I have no doubt the VS max will be nerfed too
    • Up x 9
  9. Wilden

No Xae. just No.
    Heat : NO
    AP: Probably
    C4 w/ Flak: NO
    AV Grenade : NO
    Deci: NO
    Dumbfire: NO

None of the above except maybe AP cause i haven't tested that, will one shot a ZOE max. NO. Because just NO.
    • Up x 7
  10. Ranik

Why do the VS keep quoting incorrect armor reduction numbers? Do you do it so people won't think ZOE is OP?

Back on test.

And more recently on live.

Protip: It's not 2x damage or 2.6x damage....

It's 1.2x
    • Up x 21
  11. Drealgrin

Hardly consider what you guys have to be called a nerf. I notice no difference being on the recieving end of instadeath.

ZOE reduces armor bonus, so concussion grenades negate all the bonuses of ZOE, leaving only the weaknesses.

Concussion grenades are definitively the Anti-ZOE grenade.
    • Up x 3
  12. Shurrikken

stopped reading here, rest can only be ******** QQ
    • Up x 4
  13. theholeyone

That is certainly not my experience with it. Or my experience with how the damage buff/nerfs are applied using various resists.
    • Up x 1
  14. Ranik

Then please test it and make a video. Otherwise you are using anecdotal experience.

That initial test server test was done with no armor mods. Meaning the armor reduction can be partially mitigated with kinetic / flak.

As far as small arms / AP mines It's 1.2x as far as I can tell.
    • Up x 3
  15. Xae

How many times do you have to post the same disproven ********?

Friendly fire has a damage multiplier. It cancels out the ZoE damage for the most part.

**** It, I got a better chance getting intelligent conversation out of a door knob. Welcome to ignore.
    • Up x 2
  16. Xae

Yes.
    Try getting direct hits.
    • Up x 2
  17. Ranik

Please show me a video of that and I will happily believe you. If you can't then I'm going to have to refrain from believing unproven claims.

To my knowledge, accidentally hitting friendlies does full damage. I've had the weapon locks to prove it :D
  18. Fenrisk

It's 1.2 because you get 20% more damage (after resistance/armor is calculated.)

20% more damage = 1.2

FF is only reduced for AOE damage as far as i am aware since i can 1 shot friendly s with a uppercut and 2 shot them with a comiss.
  19. Sowahka

What? They move fast enough to get out of the blast radius and only one class has conc. nades. This is like someone complaining about phalanx turrets being overpowered and you say it's fine because infiltrators can hack them.
    • Up x 3
  20. theholeyone

Anecdotal experience combined with the numbers for damage resistance and using the existing model in which it is has always been applied as far as I'm aware.
    I guess they could be applied in a different way, and glowing purple attracts more bullets in order to make it seem like double damage or thereabouts. Would be nice if they made this stuff more transparent through the cert descriptions.