ZOE, irrational fears and reality

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by W0rthy, May 24, 2013.

1. deggy

MAXes still take longer to "get moving" than infantry. Your grenade will still hit. ZOE basically turns the Vanu MAX into infantry with slower reaction times and powered-up guns, meaning the solution is to shoot the thing, not ogle at it.
  2. TerryTenMen

Bad Vanu players always come out with this rubbish when a nerf is incoming
    • Up x 2
  3. W0rthy

What an obnoxious kid you are..
    • Up x 1
  4. Stew360

yess your speaking the truth ... ZOE is a horrific OP ability and easily exploitable
  5. Fenrisk

Anti-tank grenades have a area of effect of 1 meter. If i can dodge them in a normal max so long as i seen it as soon as its thrown i can certainly dodge them with infantry speed max but for a normal max you have to react instantly and run. ZOE is just "grenade?" A--------> BOOM D<------- no damage

You know them moments when you see C4 being dropped at your feet in a max suit and your like "awwww crap?" knowing your chance of getting away is slim? They came far less playing infantry then they do max. Now you have a max with infantry speed.

ZOE increases survivability to the point its a always on ability for all situations. Can the same be said of lock down or the NC shield?

ZOE is just a infantry class with far more survivability then a heavy, no inherent weaknesses and much bigger fire power. Nothing wrong with that at all. ;)
  6. TerryTenMen

It's not obnoxious, its true. You even claim the Mag wasnt OP, its just pathetic desperation
    • Up x 1
  7. SirChronus

Normally I play as a NC MAX unit in bio labs. Before GU9 I shredded the Vanu MAX units with my double Grinder and extended mags. ZOE is just ****. I was just 5 meters away from the Vanu MAX, he was ADAD spamming so fast, that only 2 out of 24 shots of my Grinder hit him. Just ridiculous.
  8. axiom537

I think the VS needed a buff as an empire and I think the ZOE gives it to them...HOWEVER, I think they need to either remove the speed buff and give them a touch more punch (5% max) or keep the damage and speed buff as they are and decrease their armor another 10%, making them a true paper tiger.
  9. deggy

You're using an exploit as an argument against an ability. This is like saying the Beamer is OP because a hacker can use it to kill you in one hit.
    • Up x 2
  10. deggy

It takes a single Decimator direct hit to kill a ZOE Max (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong)

I find these to have the same issue as fighters do. People don't shoot them. Just shoot it, they die pretty fast even to a single guy with an SMG.

The TR have the ability to spam Fractures while locked down and have a lower TTK on tanks than a Phalanx turret, but I'm not complaining. :)
    • Up x 1
  11. ya_ay

OHK a ZoE max with a rocket round is a myth including the decimator. It takes about one bar plus a third of the second bar off of the max with a direct hit. Yeah so they still need two rounds to the face to die like other maxes.

I didn't test this myself, but there was a video of someone testing this very fact and it showed the above. Though the thread has been bury somewhere and I can't find it anymore.

Imo, the ability definitely needs a cool down of some sort so it requires the user to actually think tactically of when to use it and when not to use it cause right now its just too universal unlike the tr and nc ability. Or its defense needs to decrease even more when it is on so as not to almost completely replace the vanu heavy assault as a class.
  12. Timperium

"QQ, my OP MAX is bad because I can't aim".

1 ) ADAD warp doesn't occur on ZOE MAXs. Stop lying, you dishonest individual.

2) That's simply a problem with your aim. If you can hit a normal infantryman, you can hit a ZOE MAX.

3) NC MAX complaining...that's rich...
    • Up x 1
  13. TerryTenMen

" You should check the max time/kills of your 3 heroes you so adamently defend here before you goof up again."

ok, masakr has 35 hours in 1, k1ngkennedy has 0 hours, wackoo has 20 hours, you have 54 hours, equal to all 3 put together. Another lie to try and make yourself sound good, if I was 1 of those players you would have NOTHING to say, they are all clearly better than you. But come up with some more great quotes pls "people regularly notice my 40+ killstreaks" ... yea thats why your kd is 3.

You say your some frontline hero, yet all I see is 0.7 kills per minute, that suggest otherwise. You try and say people hang around in Zergs, yet your the only 1 in an outfit with hundreds of members?

It's best you stop taking an hour writing up lies as they can clearly be disproven in 5 minutes. 14 auraxium in 1200 hours, pathetic
  14. nitram1000

I did think that maybe the ZOE needed looking at but after using it for a while I think it is fine. I get killed by one rocket from a mana turret with flak 5 :/
    • Up x 1
  15. Shockwave44

Yeah, must be real hard to hit a giant MAX suit. You poor baby.
    • Up x 1
  16. Shockwave44

Prove it.
  17. NightFalls998

zoe moves at the same speed infantry does. So if zoe is warping than isn't everyone else?

QQ moar noob. your lies and tears are delicious
    • Up x 1
  18. Shockwave44

It doesn't overcome them. You're as as slow as anyone else.
  19. Shockwave44

lol if you're trying to convince the devs its OP, you're wasting your time troll. They have this thing called data, which trumps your pathetic claims any day of the week.

Sorry to rain on your parade.

Actually, no I'm not.
    • Up x 2
  20. Shockwave44

Then post a video of you using it if it's so easy.
    • Up x 1