GU09 Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torok, May 22, 2013.

1. Kapernum

More MAX buffs without touching Air. Should be a fun couple of weeks.
  2. HadesR

Is that going to mean a more linear restrictive Redeployment system ? Bearing in mind the current one is highly restrictive
  3. YamiNoTenshi

If the burster MAX get the same speed increase as the other weapons during lockdown we'll see alot of sad VS and NC pilots.
  4. COMMANDER K33N

If this occurs on anything I've already bought... -_-

I don't like.

Everything else though, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Still can't help but feel the NC got a wee bit shafted with the Aegis Shield, but oh well. I'm dreading flying anywhere near the TR even more now, bursters are bad enough without lockdown.

We shall see how it goes.
  5. The King

As you stated, you saw the NC and VS's changes to the 2ndary weapons on the tanks. You seemed excited until you saw that there was no change for the TR.
    I said, I hope they do change it, so you can be happy and that it's not OP...
  6. ladiesop

Have the splash stats on the Enforcer changed?

Also, do the Fury and Bulldog have a different resist type? The Enforcer seems like a half-way between those and the Halberd now.

Now there's a point to having a Halberd and Enforcer.
  7. Tar

Saron:

Max ammo capacity increased from 30 to 180
    • Amount granted from Ammo Capacity Certs increased from 3 to 6 per rank.
    So base size got multiplied by 6, and the cert size by 2? Am I the only one finding that odd?

Other than that, looks like good stuff overall. What I don't understand now is whether the Harasser weapons are the same as the tank ones or not...?

"Generators can no longer be overloaded without having proper territory adjacency"
    Wow, so this was a bug... Never knew.
  8. ladiesop

With the Cert price changes, I'm suspecting the Enforcer is going to be moved to the 1k cert tier (same as Saron and Vulcan) and the Modified is moving down to 250 certs.
  9. goodzack

only the nc enforcer is nerfed 50 less dmg then tank version
  10. Bindlestiff

Unless I'm missing something, the Saron has had its' sniper niche taken away from it?

Saron HRB
    • Slight redesign of HRB. It can now rapid fire several shots before reloading. It is pin-point accurate on the first shot, but the cone of fire blooms significantly after the first shot. This allows it to ‘unload’ on targets at close range for a faster TTK. TTK at medium to long range should remain the same when waiting for the cone of fire to reset.
    • New description: “The Saron HRB fires fast and accurate armor damaging beams. Accuracy of the HRB decreases significantly for half a second after each shot. VS use only.”
      • Removed firing delay
      • Magazine size increased from 1 to 6
      • Added Fire Rate of 200ms
      • Direct hit damage per shot decreased from 1500 to 425
      • Increased projectile speed from 250 to 300
      • Max ammo capacity increased from 30 to 180
        • Amount granted from Ammo Capacity Certs increased from 3 to 6 per rank.
      • Added cone of fire bloom per shot of 6
      • Added max cone of fire of 6
      • Added cone of fire recovery of 6 in 0.5 seconds
      • Reduced effectiveness of AoE sense it can be spammed against infantry more
        • Inner blast damage decreased from 750 to 350
        • Inner blast radius decreased from 1 meter to 0.5 meters
        • Outer blast radius decreased from 3 meters to 2 meters
    Edit: So there is no way that Saron magriders can now take out infantry in one shot (which takes skill) nor make strategic plays on enemy armour from distance? So we have to go toe-to-toe which is not where the magrider strength is due to armour? They can stick this change up their ****, no wonder it wasn't on PTS...
    • Up x 2
  11. Being@RT

You can't shoot with the shield up.
  12. SClaw

So predications for the biggest forum whines…

1) Podders (99% Vanu, because the Reaver sucks anyway) will be the first to complain when they start seeing locked down duel bursters. That will be so loud my ears will bleed. However, everyone will forget that the Striker exists. Bonus!

2) Everyone will complain about ZOE. It doesn’t matter whether it’s actually an issue, but it’s so visible it’s going to cause epic rage. Vanu will complain the loudest, however, because they hate the colour it makes them. I don’t know why… it’s going to be fabulous!

3) NC guys will complain about the crappy MAX shield being useless but no one will care because of the above rage. It will never be changed. Ever. Sorry guys!

4) Everyone will hate the new big base changes. That SCU shield change will make them a ***** to capture, not to mention the fact that sat bases are now full bases (in the lattice and harder to capture, technically). For me, I think it’ll be fine. I like fighting in big bases. But there will be epic moans on the scale of the old AMP stations. SOE will change this back (somehow) within two weeks.

5) And the Crown. Obviously. Everyone will ***** about their XP farm being taken away.

Those are my top five that will appear the second the patch goes live. I definitely think TR lock down will be at the top of the list though!

NB: This post in jest. Personally, I think this will be a fun patch all around.
    • Up x 1
  13. buff as hell irl

Alpha was nerfed, yeah, but it seems to me that if you manage the CoF you have the same, if not better, DPS, and as a bonus you can use it like a Vulcan in close combat. The real tradeoff is that you can't snipe infantry any more with it, meaning FPC/Saron Mags brutalize enemy vehicles like nothing else but can barely handle even small groups of infantry.
  14. Purg

I'm assuming you mean the shield? I would suggest being unable to shoot is a pretty massive downside.
  15. PS2Freak

I hate nc shield already much. i am going to switch to Tr. i am done with this deffensive shiyy, Miller Tr - here i come from my 60br nc!
  16. Tar

Why would they change it? Is something wrong with it?
    Enforcer and Saron were changed because they were basically Halberd clones. Is Vulcan a Halberd clone too?
  17. Tar

Also, where does it say "Striker going thru terrain fixed"?
    • Up x 1
  18. PS2Freak

also where does it say - loadouts not wiped anymore after visiting Vr ?
    • Up x 3
  19. Kiten

If you shoot one shot every half a second you retain the sniper-like accuracy, according to the patch notes.

Which means the Saron gained a huge buff in DPS against vehicles in close quarters due to the firing mechanics, and better accuracy at range (due to removal of the firing delay); at the price of burst damage capabilities (more shots required on target), and anti-infantry potency.

I'm actually very much looking forward to how the Vanu Empire Specific MBT secondary weapons perform now. The only thing is I can't see the PPA actually improving when I look at the patch notes.
  20. Bindlestiff

Yep, edited my post to reflect the infantry point. Long(er) distance engagements was where magriders used to tear up the opposition, and as a bonus also allowed infantry to be one shotted should they be daft enough to get up close. I don't see how the magrider survivability will handle the FPC / Saron combo very well and every single infantry will now become a much bigger threat :(