GU09 Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Torok, May 22, 2013.

1. Eclipson

I know I may sound stupid, but what does that mean?
  2. MrRube

The way this is worded is pretty weird. My guess is that this is to address people xp boosting with ammo kits.

I am interested to see how the Enforcer ML85 changes work out. Overall it looks pretty promising, though I am going to miss those 100m/s of velocity.
  3. KAHR-Alpha

Probably that you can't interrupt the reloading after some point has been reached.
  4. Captain Kid

Wow, that's a lot of map changes. And lattice! Woohoo, I'm excited for this.
    I guess they learned from PS1 where they couldn't do any map changes.
    Only thing I question is the NC max change. It doesn't seem to have a down side.
  5. Batisat

Too bad they didn't mention anything about the fixing of NC scopes
  6. Captain Kid

That would be ********. It's probably when the reload is nearly done and you switch weapons the reload is still completed.
    So you have your LMG out, start to relaod, reloading is almost done, switch to pistol, switch to LMG and the reload has completed.
    • Up x 2
  7. goodzack

Fixed an exploit that allowed the NC15 Phoenix from being reloaded while the player is still controlling the rocket
  8. SgtBreastroker

I am fine with these changes. My body is ready.
    • Up x 2
  9. Zaik

the C85?

looks like they're trying to make it more like the air hammer. that's a good thing, because up until now nobody in their right mind used them and the only real purchases for them were people who bought them on accident because the naming system is bizarre and has changed at least once.
  10. buff as hell irl

Nah, it's a thing that exists in other FPS. What it means is that your reload is completed when you actually finish putting in a new mag, and the rest of the animation can be cancelled if you change weapons without losing the new reload.

Depending on how much time is cut off, it might be a substantial effective DPS buff for dumbfire launchers, since in some games (the one I remember most in this case being Bad Company 2, King Carl 4 lyfe) you could cut seconds off the reload by switching weapons quickly.

Also Sweet Christ I am so unbelievably pumped for the buffed PPA and Saron. I had a ton of certs saved up and was really indecisive as to where they'd go, and now I'm thinking I'm gonna get a newly rad as hell PPA for my Harasser and a newly rad as hell Saron for my Magrider, although a Saron on the Harasser sounds badass now too, oh man oh god disco everywhere
  11. Being@RT

Viable redeployment points are now determined based off of “connected distance” across hexes rather than “as the crow flies”

Zerg steamrolls down a conquest lane. Are defenders able to switch to the next lane or are they actually forced to do multiple redeploys?

I imagine this is SOE attempt at trying to keep combat going even in the face of overwhelming odds. Avoid uncontested capturing and all that..
  12. Bankrotas

I'm actually considering getting new Enforcer, even with lower damage, it looks quite promising.
  13. treeHamster

I like this because it means I can reload my gun slightly faster and don't have to worry about my RL not finishing even though the animation was entirely done. I get a lot of non-reloads because I switch to a different weapon as the animation ends but the reload didn't actually completely since they are nearly always off by like 0.3 seconds.
    • Up x 2
  14. KAHR-Alpha

If that's really what's going to happen, then it sounds like a terrible idea. The fastest way to interrupt the animation is to swing your knife.
  15. The King

hope they change it in the future, so it's not OP..
  16. PhilDun

Saron can no longer kill Infantry (in 1 hit). That's significant. At least they got rid of the firing delay, I guess.

No indication that Deploy/ZOE effect is reduced for Burster Maxes. Sorry, NC, but you're getting screwed here.
  17. D-Spirith

• Stopped a jump pad at the Allatum Bio Lab from launching you into a tree
    • Up x 8
  18. buff as hell irl

Knifing actually has a pretty long recovery. You wouldn't save time with standard reload speed guns like Carbines or ARs, and for LMGs, the extended switch speed they implemented in GU08 will probably make reload cancelling specifically to speed up your reload impossible. Rocket Launchers are the only weapon I can see getting an "active reload" from this. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, though.
  19. Captain Kid

Swinging your knife is not switching to another weapon.
  20. TripleAych

Misquote? Because no idea what you are trying to say.