Alerts Question

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MightQuinn, May 16, 2013.

1. MightQuinn

How often are they and are they at regular intervals?
  2. Luperza Community Manager

Hey, MightQuinn!

Check out the Roadmap video that describes all things Alerts. :)

If you still have questions, let me know!
    • Up x 1
  3. RHINO_Mk.II

What is the orbital velocity of the moon?
    • Up x 9
  4. Ctst

Mean orbital velocity (km/s) 1.023 \
    Source NASA
    Why did i search that? guess i wanted to know too:)
    • Up x 6
  5. MightQuinn

Link?
  6. Luperza Community Manager

Link ;)
  7. MightQuinn

Never mind. Found it over on utube.
  8. AwesomeDuck

Hi. I have a question though, I hope you'll notice and could reply.

Did you guys changed how often alerts occure? I remember, when they started, I played 2-3 a day. Now, I didn't see alert for like... a week. Everytime, it starts maybe close to midnight (I'm playing in Europe, GMT+2) and when I ask my friends, when was the last one, they say like "oh, this morning I think".
    Is this bug or intentional? If so, could you guys tweak it more, so we don't have to wait for five centuries to get alert that is not when we sleep or working? Thanks!
  9. FinnSimmons

When will the other Alert versions be added? There was a "Control Six Bio Labs" one in the video. Have never seen that one in game. Were they taken out or are they going to be implemented later?
    • Up x 3
  10. Bloodmyth

On Ceres I play about 3 a day, completely changable times but at like GMT- 3pm, 7pm and then when I come back late night there will be one after midnight, report this via customer service there must be a bug running for you for whatever reason.
  11. Fire Works

I wasnt able to find the answer to both questions the OP asked in the video you posted. Could you go further into detail please?
  12. iller

Is there some kind of Video on how the new Link-rush-lattice-whats-it-system will work at final release?

Several of us squad leaders haven't had the option to get Test server version working and we'd kinda like to know what we're going to be working with before-hand. Plz.

...Thanks for any help
  13. Luperza Community Manager

The video does answer both of the OP's questions.

The video states that depending on the criteria of the world, an Alert may start. It provides examples of criteria as well. :) It's a dynamic system, so there isn't an exact time that it will always happen.
  14. CentralGuard

When did you start makeing a vid. about the roadmaps?
  15. Andy79

why is it possible to switch factions during an alert,

why do you get more points from an alert by switching to a deserted continent ( +50 % exp) at the last minute and move to a big installation you hold ( +15 % exp) instead of fighting to the last moment (and have the 20% bonus stripped before the exp is rewarded)

some more questions for a new video
    • Up x 1
  16. Fire Works

"What car you got?"
    "A green one!"
    -.-

Could you go a bit further in detail on those criteria? Some facts, numbers or anything else that most people interested in understand a feature would consider helpful?

Or at least say: Its our secret, thanks for your interest anyway.

Those half to non-facts make it a pain to work on something like wiki etc.
  17. Luperza Community Manager

We can't go into all of the specifics since we don't want players to exploit the system, but the video provides a few examples:
    • Server population
    • "X" amount of time since the last event
    • Distribution of territory and/or resource control
  18. TheRealMetalstorm

The amount of time (money) "wasted" by PR here is laughable
    But it is probably a sound investment.
  19. LordMatt XLVIII

Humwhatnow?
  20. RealityWarrior

I can't speak for anyone else....

But I have never seen an alert that was not "Capture Territory on Indar/Amerish/Esimir"

I keep hearing and seeing other types exist but to date that has not happened for me. 20 + alerts and every one of them the same.