So this just happened on Miller during an alert (4:20 pm)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Keelin, May 13, 2013.

1. LordMondando

Yes, but is it unfortunately a sad fact for Miller that 10% overpop (which is more than enough to swing every alert, and most battles. given its 100's of people) in favour of TR is a nightly affair now.
  2. siiix

population PENALTY please ! not just bonus
    • Up x 1
  3. Keelin

You conveniently ignore the fact that these pictures that people have presented throughout the thread (that show these great population differences) are for the largest part during prime time and during alerts.
    What you have shown on the other hand is some random picture that could be from the middle of the night for all we know.

If anyone is exaggerating or misrepresenting the situation here then that would be you.
    There is no denying that the TR are overpopulated.
  4. Being@RT

40% vs 30% vs 30% can be 266 vs 200 vs 200, for example.

Assuming everyone fights the other two factions equally (instead of going for the easier target), a 10%-unit advantage like this will still translate to 4:3 advantage in numbers, (33% more soldiers on your side). That's significant.

That's the important thing here. Percentage units.
  5. TintaBux

Why defending TR when they over populated? That's denying all the facts and how it is in reality.

No need to answer the silly question of yours, as that's obvious.
  6. Flag

"One simply does not question GhostAvatar!"
    ;)

Speaking of which.
    I'm not sure what happened last night, but during an alert that crossed over the midnight threshold, TR went from being the high pop, to not be. Not sure why they saw a major dip before the alert was over, but on TS some suggested that maybe a fair amount of TR simply logged off because they were under-pop, as the majority of VS and NC were both attacking TR in different places, while only a minority attacked eachother.

LONG LIVE ATRA!

Although, given the population imbalance, it was almost bound to happen at some point.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/1ehrs1/dear_nc_on_miller_this_is_the_solution_to_tr/
  7. Rodinvac

Well, the alert that just ended was a massive pain. It was on Indar, massive TR victory thanks to having over 40% population, and NC kept pushing on VS, all for a pittance of XP.
  8. Keelin

Can't blame the NC for not wanting to fight the TR.
    Though it is a bit silly since both NC and VS would get more if they were to stop attacking each other every now and then.
  9. Rodinvac

Yeah, I cannot blame them either, since most NC-VS fights ended up being even-numbered, and thus not frustrating.
    Plus there's always the possibility of breaking the VS lock, which is another incentive to focus on them.
  10. GhostAvatar

I am defending it for a very simple reason. The TR population isn't the fault of the TR. Once you VS/NC get that through your thick skulls, the better.
    • Up x 1
  11. GhostAvatar

Thank you, was waiting for someone to post that argument. I purposely over exaggerated and posted pictures supporting my claim for a reason. Now you need to take the argument you have laid against me and apply those to the pictures shown in this thread. All the pictures that have been shown here prove nothing, there is no way to determine or validate when any of them are taken.

But I guess the irony is lost on you.
  12. TintaBux

No need for insults now, to deter the thread of its reality.
  13. Keelin

All anyone who doesn't believe it needs to do is to log-in during prime time alerts and they'll see it for themselves.
    I can only laugh about the fact that by saying that the other pictures could be unrelated as well you insinuate that the entire issue is made up and that people are complaining about nothing.
    To prove that this is a real issue all one needs to do is check it out for themselves - how can your point be proven?
  14. Flukeman62

ok so millet tr have 2% more than you at the moment :eek:
  15. Xasapis

What irony exactly? Are you trying to claim that TR are not massively overpopulated or that the server is fine?
  16. Flag

Rather the irony of his own statement.
  17. Riku

Hey,

GhostAvatar is right saying that there is no proving on when a picture really was taken. People can screenshot their windows time ... after adjusting it.
    But right now, on Miller, as it's Friday 10 PM I count it as prime time, the population is balanced.
    TR are least populated on Esamir, and leading with NC with 35% each world pop.
    I find this fine.
    And also the fact that TR got pushed back far is fine.
    I know sometimes they are somehow overpopulated, but thats because of 4th factioners. As you can perfectly see, if TR arent winning the alert, the pop drops drastically.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Yes these can be from derpday at herptime but anyone who is online on Miller right now be my witness.
    I find it balanced - but I also think next Amerish 3 pm alert will go to the TR again, thus 4th factioners joining them. And that doesnt mean they fight, it means they derp around at the warpgate, so the actual numbers come close to equal.
  18. LordMondando

Well well well, 30/33/35 VS/TR/NC

Best fight on esamir (an alert), hell the game. I''ve had in weeks.
  19. Riku

It was laggy as fk which is why it wasnt fun to me personally, but I love that the chances were as good as equal. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as you did :)
  20. Kevin English

Of course what your forgetting is that in order for the Population to be "ballanced" you need 30% VS 30% NC and atleast 60% TR as NC and VS virtually NEVER attack each other and TR are always fighting on two fronts, so basically the message to all you alien loving trek heads out there aka Barnies (VS) and you teenage red-neck rebels stuck in 1992 aka Smurfs (NC) DEAL WITH IT!