Say Yes to Crossbow

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Blue4tw, Mar 19, 2013.

1. MasonSTL

For those that would assume there is no way to implement it why not just give it the same specs as a scout rifle. And for those that would say "Why not just use the scout rifles that are in the game"... why not replace them with a crossbow?
  2. Messy

Dude most people here don't want because it'll have to be OP weapon. Look at the golden/white/othercolor pistols. They are cheat no matter what you think about them. Weapon that OSK you and is buy-able for Real money is P2W and no one (except lazy people who buy them) want it.
  3. Valena

Show me the stats, then we can talk about whether it will be OP or UP.
  4. Blashemer

Guys. Don't be against the crossbow.

When you see it, rejoice! For it means you've encountered a free kill!

Literally every other gun in this game is going to be more useful than the crossbow, and if you stumble upon an enemy using it just smile and blow their dumb little head off!
  5. Zotamedu

So why are they still used by special ops forces around the world if a gun is superior in every way?
    The answer is simple, the gun is not superior in every way.
    Then there's the small fact that THIS IS A FREAKING GAME AND NOT REAL LIFE!

In a world of energy shields, why are they still using projectile weapons? If you are going to start nit picking like that you'll find so many logical holes in the game world that you'll end up crying in a corner. Just accept that it's a game and things are implemented because they are fun or cool or maybe both. Not because they are realistic or even make any sense.
    • Up x 1
  6. K3STR3L

That is your own personal opinion and one I will never agree with. In fact your whole post is something I can't agree with and your attitude is so far from mine I cant see any further need to talk to you.
  7. Messy

You point is invalid. Do you understand that making guns available for fast purchase is business? If they make weapon UP, only small part or none of people will buy it. If they make it on par with other weapons, only small part of people who really want them will buy them. Why do you think new pistols are so OP? Game is Business, never forget that. And Developers, no matter how cute and good they are, will try to maximise their income.
  8. Valena

You suggest my point is invalid because you assume every weapon they've released so far has been OP. Tell me, have you ever tried the VS Lancer? It may not be UP but it is certainly not and has never been OP. To suggest that the devs will release nothing but OP weapons to turn a quick profit is an assumption, nothing more. Until you see the stats and use of this weapon, arguing that it will without a doubt be OP is simply foolish.

Is it possible that it will be OP? Yes, there is always the possibility. Next update they could buff the Beamer so much that it puts bolt action rifles to shame. The chance that a weapon can become OP or UP is always on the table, but we know nothing about the function or stats of this crossbow right now. It is entirely speculation.
  9. FIN Faravid

10. Valena

As you wish. If you want to waste your energy getting upset over a weapon graphic then by all means, go right ahead. I certainly won't lose any sleep over the idea that I'll never speak with you again.

In parting I will say this; I truly pity you. Your imagination must be a fragile thing indeed if it is threatened by the presence of a crossbow.
    • Up x 1
  11. K3STR3L

Oh please shut up.
    • Up x 1
  12. Stew360

I should say that this crossbow is awesome ;)

[IMG]
  13. Messy

So in the end you want to tell me that I can't be against something? So i should accept every feature thay implement in this game and should sit quite and wait? Nope sir, it doesn't work this way.
    You have your opinion and i respect it, but I have mine and we both have the rights to speak it out. In the end implementation of the features affected by the mood of the community not few persons.
    Simply as neither your nor my points of view are the only right one, as you said yourself we don't have stats and we don't even sure what it'll be (It can be a stationary turret that will anchor armor vehicles to the ground but shooting nano-webs).

I have to agree that this way how me and lotta people here vote for NO is bad, we simple should vote NO for every new weapon that Devs will show us and it's very bad for a game.
    But again, WE as a community should show devs our concerns about OP/UP of new weapons.
    (You can see for your-self how whining and votes of players with their wallets and of course Data showed Devs that Hex is not the best thing for this game, no we can't know right now will Lattice be a saver or ruin this game once and for all, but simple fact that community have voice and community is what this game about have weight on Devs plans.)
    Yeap this round victory goes to you :D I'm off to drawing sketches of new base types for Suggestion forum.
  14. Dasparian

Since there hasn't been a crossbow in Planetside 1, I can only imagine that they'd add it to appeal to the vocal minority in favor of crossbows.

Personally, I really don't see the point in spending development time on "rule of cool". Why spend time on antiquated technology when they could be working on things like coilguns, suspension field grenades, helmet visors with multiple vision settings? Finally, the stats commonly associated with crossbows are already similar enough to weapons currently in-game.

I propose SOE just create the crossbow models and animations for the game, and sell them as skins for bolt-action scout rifles. More money, less balancing issues, less clutter of weapons.
  15. Valena

You are entirely missing the point.

Your argument has been based around "No crossbow, it's OP" when there is not one shred of data supporting that claim. I respect your opinion that the crossbow is unnecessary, and I understand your fear that it will be OP considering the devs track record of giving us weapons that blow every other weapon in their class out of the water, but at the same time you can't lob invisible data around as fact.

In the end, condemning an idea before it sees the light of day is unfair to the devs who have put time and effort into creating this weapon and it's unfair to those players out there who might actually want to use a crossbow. If your concern is whether or not the weapon will be OP, I respectfully suggest that you save your vote until we actually have information pointing one way or the other.
    • Up x 1
  16. Bankrotas

I'm fine with crossbow consumable with one time use per day costing 25 SC
  17. Zitroxious

dartgun with specialty ammo yes
    lame crossbow with explosives no
  18. huller

because there is a logical explaination for everything in the game (aka: nanites). We do not need something as primitive as a string powered wooden/metal bolt thrower. If it is powered by something else (eg magnetic propulsion like the NC weapons), it isn't a crowbow, it is a gun.

God, why do people keep tying to make this "medievalside 2"? Go play chivalry or mount & blade or something if you want bows, swords and things like that, not a shooter set in the year 3000.
    • Up x 1
  19. Messy

Ok now then we agree that we should wait for an actual data-stats for this new features.

Right now we know that this concept arts are gods know how old and there is big chances that after one of the Dev-guy draw Xbows, they (Devs) pigeonholed them because they have more important staff to do and they haven't even thought about stats or how will they implement this weapon. Don't you think that we should speak out all our points against and for New feature because that shows devs that community want and saves them time for re-balancing this weapon?

You do agree that devs implement OP weapons because game development is business but also developers can't go against community because this way they will shoot themself in the leg.

But I have to dissagree with you about anyones ability to vote, because if I vote no this doesn't mean anything at all. My, your and other people votes only help delevopers to see what we community as a whole (not particular person like you and me) want.
    Threads like this only help developers, because (if they are interested in keeping community and even grow it) they will see that community want this new feature but we also afraid and devs have to be carefull. They will never satisfy it's how all games work but they will have a ground and thoughts of community to start with.
  20. SgtBreastroker

You want a game that takes place in 2845 to be immersive?

Mate....